League of Legends Lore
Boy-genius is an understatement for Ezreal. The underground tunnel network of Piltover was conquered by Ezreal when he was eight years old. He mapped the entire region with a level of accuracy so great the Piltover Government commission him for his work and made him Piltover's Grandmaster Explorer. This is the start of Ezreal's adventures that would recorded and retold for ages.
Ezreal was born with the power of magic and a never-ending desire to explore. With the funds he received from the Piltover Government he went on many adventures. One of which took place at the pyramids of Shurima Desert. During this pivotal exploration Ezreal found an amulet of unimaginable power. The amulet could create and shape magical energy, linked with Ezreal's natural intellect and affinity for magic he quickly mastered the device. The only drawback is the amulet forces him to participate in the League of Legends against his will. Ezreal treats this more as an annoyance than a terrible fate placed upon him.
|Stat||Base Value||Growth Per Level|
| Damage|| 47.66||3|
| Health|| 350||80|
| Mana|| 235||45|
| Move Speed|| 305||0|
| Armor|| 12||3.5|
| Spell Block|| 30||0|
| Health Regen|| 1.1||.11|
| Mana Regen|| 0.9||.9|
(Innate): Hitting a target with any of Ezreal's abilities increases his attack speed by 15% for 6 seconds with a maximum of 5 stacks.
(Active, [Q]): Ezreal fires a bolt of energy, dealing 100% of his attack damage plus additional damage as physical damage (applies on-hit effects). Ezreal's cooldowns are reduced by 1 second if Mystic Shot hits a target.
Ezreal fires a fluctuating wave of energy, damaging and reducing enemy champions attack speed and increasing allied champions attack speed.
(Active, [E]): Ezreal teleports to a target in the nearby location and fires a homing arrow at the nearest enemy unit, dealing magic damage to it.
(Active, [R]): Ezreal's ultimate channels 1 second to fire a powerful barrage of energy missiles, which deal magic damage to each enemy unit they pass through. However, it deals 8% less damage for each unit it hits with a limit of 30% for any hit after the first 4.
Ezreal is a pure DPS champion. He is set apart from other DPS classes because he does not possess a good form of crowd control and his effectiveness is completely reliant on how well a person can aim his shots. Other than these few drawbacks, Ezreal is a very powerful champion. He has some of the highest damage output, can kite enemies effectively, farm creeps with ease, and does not have to rely on items to make him effective. Mastering Mystic Shot is a must if one plans on using Ezreal. Its effectiveness cannot be understated. At max level Mystic shot has a 1.4 second cooldown (if a hit is successful), does about 600 damage, is incredibly mana efficient, has 1200 range, and reduces cooldowns on all his other abilities upon successfully landing.
- Use Arcane Shift to help line up your other skill shots.
- You can play Ezreal either as a ranged physical or caster dps depending on how you build him.
- You can line up Trueshot Barrage to hit multiple minion waves or even neutral monsters.
- Sheen and the items it builds into (i.e. Trinity Force, Lich Bane, Iceborn Gauntlet) increases the damage done from Mystic Shot because it applies on-hit effects. The casting of Mystic Shot adds a Sheen damage buff, and the actual contact of the spell applies the extra damage, then removing the buff.
- "Time for a true display of skill!"
- "Let's go!"
- "Know your environment."
- "Got It!"
- "No time to waste!"
- "Over here!"
- "This way!"
- "I'll handle it!"
- "Time to strike!"
- "Time to get our hands dirty!"
- "It's all skill!"
- "Sounds dangerous....I'm in!"
- "No problem!"
- "Who needs a map?!"
- "Noxians......I hate those guys...."
- "You belong in a museum!"
- Ezreal's name is derived from the online identity of Colt Hallam, one of Riot Games' most senior designers.
- Ezreal's dance is a direct homage to the Hare Hare Yukai dance from the anime "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya."
- "You belong in a museum!" is similar to lines used in the film "Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark." The line "Noxians... I hate those guys..." is similar to a line used in another Indiana Jones film, "The Last Crusade": "Nazis... I hate those guys..."
- Ezreal bears several striking resemblances to protagonists from several popular anime series. The bow for example is often compared to the first bow of the Quincies in Bleach. Ezreal himself bears a large resemblance towards the Elric Brothers in Fullmetal Alchemist.
- Ezreal looks very similar to Layle from Final Fantasy Christal Chronicles - The Crystal Bearers
- Ezreal looks much like the protagonist, Molly, from the television series OBAN: Star Racers.
- Ezreal is voiced by Kyle Hebert, the voice of Kamina from the anime series Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as well as the current American voice of Street Fighter series protagonist Ryu.
- The Pulsefire Ezreal skin is an homage to the Mega Man series, with its dynamic armor upgrades mirroring Mega Man X's Ultimate Armor upgrades. The skin's trailer also pays homage to the Zone of the Enders series. In addition, one of Pulsefire Ezreal's jokes references the infamous "Over 9000" meme associated with the popular anime Dragon Ball Z. Kyle Hebert, Ezreal's voice actor, was a part of DBZ's American voice cast.