All Fable 2 Reviews here

• 76 results
#51 Posted by Milkman (17071 posts) -
Gunner said:
"The guy who reviews Fable 2 on gamespot needs to be shot. "Making money is way too easy" wtf? is that actually a valid reason? From what ive heard its actually hard to earn money in that game."
Why wouldn't that be a valid reason to criticize the game? I'm not going to pretend I actually played the game like all the asshats in this thread but if I was able to say make a million gold in an hour allowing me to then buy every good weapon in the game, that would be a problem, don't you think? Or maybe, just maybe, you should actually read the review and see why he says that.
#52 Edited by Keano (466 posts) -
Milkman said:
What the fuck is wrong with a 8.5? Really? I don't fucking understand people. Someone says a game is great and people bitch and moan. Look at all the scores you posted in the OP, a lot of those in the same ballpark as GameSpot's score. You know what, now I really hope that Giant Bomb gives it 4 stars. So, I can see what your reaction is then."
my reaction? lol, im getting the game regardless.
 its system wars rule that "if a game doesnt get AAA (9, 9.5) from gamespot then its a "Flop". its not something you take seriously (if you do youre a sad sad person) but its a way to taunt fanboys. and they used to have bets before they banned it.
#53 Posted by Redsand26 (125 posts) -
Milkman said:
"Keano said:
"tmontana1004 said:
"lol GS system wars will be in flames =D man I am so glad I left that place! I can now enjoy discussing the game here without getting my ass flamed to pieces!"
http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26641505&page=27

im in there right now, every one pretty much agrees the game is great and deserves a great score, even the die hard cows are like "FLOP!!! J/k good score." People dont care about the GS reviews that much anymore. 

"
What the fuck is wrong with a 8.5? Really? I don't fucking understand people. Someone says a game is great and people bitch and moan. Look at all the scores you posted in the OP, a lot of those in the same ballpark as GameSpot's score. You know what, now I really hope that Giant Bomb gives it 4 stars. So, I can see what your reaction is then."
This is because many gamers let the reviewers dictate the experience they'll have with the reviewed game.
#54 Posted by Gunner612 (4338 posts) -
Milkman said:
"Gunner said:
"The guy who reviews Fable 2 on gamespot needs to be shot. "Making money is way too easy" wtf? is that actually a valid reason? From what ive heard its actually hard to earn money in that game."
Why wouldn't that be a valid reason to criticize the game? I'm not going to pretend I actually played the game like all the asshats in this thread but if I was able to say make a million gold in an hour allowing me to then buy every good weapon in the game, that would be a problem, don't you think? Or maybe, just maybe, you should actually read the review and see why he says that."
It isnt a valid reason for fable 2, everyone who has been keeping up with at least a little bit of fable 2 over the past year should know that it has been stated that you can be either really really rich or really really famous. I have read the review and to me it seems like he just farmed gold for about an hour then listed it as a valid complaint. wtf do you think will happen if you farm for gold and buy a shop early on in the game?
#55 Posted by Milkman (17071 posts) -
Redsand26 said:
"Milkman said:
"Keano said:
"tmontana1004 said:
"lol GS system wars will be in flames =D man I am so glad I left that place! I can now enjoy discussing the game here without getting my ass flamed to pieces!"

im in there right now, every one pretty much agrees the game is great and deserves a great score, even the die hard cows are like "FLOP!!! J/k good score." People dont care about the GS reviews that much anymore. 

"
This is because many gamers let the reviewers dictate the experience they'll have with the reviewed game."
That's my problem with this. If you know that you are going to enjoy the game, then why do you even care about what GameSpot says?
#56 Posted by Gunner612 (4338 posts) -
Milkman said:
"Redsand26 said:
"Milkman said:
"Keano said:
"tmontana1004 said:

"
This is because many gamers let the reviewers dictate the experience they'll have with the reviewed game."
That's my problem with this. If you know that you are going to enjoy the game, then why do you even care about what GameSpot says?"
I really dont care what the review thinks about the game, but a person getting paid to review games, then doing a shitty job at it? it just makes me angry at the retards they have over at gamespot.
#57 Posted by Milkman (17071 posts) -
Gunner said:
"Milkman said:
"Redsand26 said:
"Milkman said:
"Keano said:
"tmontana1004 said:

"
That's my problem with this. If you know that you are going to enjoy the game, then why do you even care about what GameSpot says?"
I really dont care what the review thinks about the game, but a person getting paid to review games, then doing a shitty job at it? it just makes me angry at the retards they have over at gamespot."
What's so shitty about the GameSpot review?
#58 Posted by pause422 (6201 posts) -

No one should care about reviews for a game ever, if you've been following it for a while and looked into enough of it yourself to know 100% you are going to get the game anyway...and what's wrong with the gamespot review, is that gamespot has lost all credibility in giving out reviews for pretty much everything, so it doesn't matter what the score, whether it was a 10, or a 7, they aren't credible at all, same with Xbox specific mags/sites , because they are all biased to the game on their platform. I could of cared a less whether it got all 9s and higher or all mid 8s though, I've made my mind on picking it up and that isn't changing it.

#59 Posted by daniel_beck_90 (3159 posts) -

Yeah , scores are pretty high

#60 Posted by Kaido (249 posts) -

To retort to the whole 'SCORES ARE INDICATIVE OF A GAME' argument, I'd have to say that they're usually pretty comprehensive and are much faster than reading a lovingly produced text review for Semi-Literate forum goons such as myself (Kind of why I can digest Giant Bomb reviews, actually).

I'm not saying a game can't be just groovy if it's allotted a 7.3, but it must have some shortcomings. In which case, pending further investigation, someone who's been holding out to purchase the game might want to read the whole text review to see if they like it. Oh boy, that sounded incredibly biased right there.

Also, why all the hate?

#61 Posted by SolemnOaf (535 posts) -

Seeing as how my favorite games this generation seem to average around a 60-70 metacritic rating, and the games in my collection I most dislike are all rated 90+, seeing these reviews are actually giving me second thoughts about whether or not to get this game tommorow.  Far Cry 2 looks pretty damn tempting, that isn't helping either.

#62 Posted by Snail (8622 posts) -

Gamespot gave it an 8.5? Jesus.. that site is messed up...

#63 Posted by MattyFTM (14420 posts) -
pause422 said:
"No one should care about reviews for a game ever, if you've been following it for a while and looked into enough of it yourself to know 100% you are going to get the game anyway...and what's wrong with the gamespot review, is that gamespot has lost all credibility in giving out reviews for pretty much everything, so it doesn't matter what the score, whether it was a 10, or a 7, they aren't credible at all, same with Xbox specific mags/sites , because they are all biased to the game on their platform. I could of cared a less whether it got all 9s and higher or all mid 8s though, I've made my mind on picking it up and that isn't changing it."
Most people only have a limited amount of money to spend on games, and want to get the most out of their money. Reviews have their place, they shouldn't be the be all and end all, but they have their place. Scores are largely pointless though, to get a feel for whether you as an individual will find this game rewarding, you need to know plenty about the game to see if it suits your tastes. A score doesn't tell you this. A full review does.
#64 Posted by Snail (8622 posts) -
MattyFTM said:
"pause422 said:
"No one should care about reviews for a game ever, if you've been following it for a while and looked into enough of it yourself to know 100% you are going to get the game anyway...and what's wrong with the gamespot review, is that gamespot has lost all credibility in giving out reviews for pretty much everything, so it doesn't matter what the score, whether it was a 10, or a 7, they aren't credible at all, same with Xbox specific mags/sites , because they are all biased to the game on their platform. I could of cared a less whether it got all 9s and higher or all mid 8s though, I've made my mind on picking it up and that isn't changing it."
Most people only have a limited amount of money to spend on games, and want to get the most out of their money. Reviews have their place, they shouldn't be the be all and end all, but they have their place. Scores are largely pointless though, to get a feel for whether you as an individual will find this game rewarding, you need to know plenty about the game to see if it suits your tastes. A score doesn't tell you this. A full review does."
A score is the summary of the review. Of course it is stupid to see only the score and base your whole idea of the game on that.
#65 Edited by LokiZee (59 posts) -

Well, I give the first 6 hours of the game a 99 out of 100. One point subtracted because of the stupid chest you have to visit www.fable2.com to open. Wow, talk about taking you out of the world. The rest of the game is pretty sweet though. Graphics, story, combat, My faithful dog, Dex, and even the job mini-games are kinda fun.

#66 Posted by Ma7moud (805 posts) -

Where is the GB review ?

#67 Posted by Snail (8622 posts) -
Ma7moud said:
"Where is the GB review ?"
They are busy reviewing Princess Debut! Geez...
#68 Posted by Milkman (17071 posts) -

And the Giant Bomb gives Fable II....4 out of 5. Oh the irony!

#69 Posted by TomA (2531 posts) -

I've been playing the game for about 30 min i love so far,i'm getting the guys warrants.

#70 Edited by skou (1 posts) -

I did the review for Xboxlfe.dk / Xboxlife.com, and so far I have played the game for 25+ hours - it really kicks ass!

Lionhead really managed to pull this one off. Oh, and if you play it, don't forget to check out the Castle :-)

#71 Posted by ObsideonDarman (655 posts) -

Are the things about the Co-op really true???

Is it just that you CANNOT bring in your own Character from your Game into your Freinds Game??

Man I was so looking forward to it.....ah well

#72 Posted by MattyFTM (14420 posts) -
ObsideonDarman said:
"

Are the things about the Co-op really true???

Is it just that you CANNOT bring in your own Character from your Game into your Freinds Game??

Man I was so looking forward to it.....ah well

"
The fact that you cannot take your character into a friends game has been known since they first announced co-op for the game.
#73 Edited by ManlyBeast (1160 posts) -

Getting the game at 5pm today when she brings it to me.

#74 Posted by daniel_beck_90 (3159 posts) -
Snail said:
"Gamespot gave it an 8.5? Jesus.. that site is messed up..."
Gamespot thinks lower scores means more professional reviews . 
#75 Posted by AegisOfDawn (70 posts) -

I'm SO getting this game.

#76 Posted by labwarrior (1 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.