Buying Castle Fairfax

#1 Posted by Vaile (355 posts) -

I remember PM saying we could buy the castle in Bowerstone. I can't find the papers to buy it, though. Does anyone know where they are?

#2 Posted by roofy (1005 posts) -

i think you are only allowed to buy it once you are done the game

#3 Posted by Ozzimo (17 posts) -
roofy said:
"i think you are only allowed to buy it once you are done the game"
Confirmed. Price = 1million gold. But with it comes a new quest.... so you got that going for ya. ;)
#4 Posted by MasterOfPenguins_Zell (2093 posts) -

Oo that's gonna be good. If my friends right, and you get 1% profit every 5 minutes from the base value, then you're getting 10k every 5 minutes which is pretty cool....

#5 Posted by sirhC (1 posts) -

That's pretty cool, the Castle and quest should be interesting.

I know you can also make a large sum of money if you buy from the weapons trader in Bowerstone Old Town and sell to the weapons merchant in Fairfax Gardens. it's like a 30% profit!

#6 Posted by pirate_republic (1117 posts) -

Yeah, the quest becomes available at the end, plus you get a boat load of reknown. 1 000 000 gold, so pretty much the only way to get it is to choose "The Needs of One" at the end.

#7 Posted by macandcheese (223 posts) -
pirate_republic said:
"Yeah, the quest becomes available at the end, plus you get a boat load of reknown. 1 000 000 gold, so pretty much the only way to get it is to choose "The Needs of One" at the end."
No all you have to do is set up a good real estate empire then shut off the game for a while or go run through the Crucible like 5 times and you should have enough. Also the castle doesnt generate income, huge bummer. Its cause no one is actually living in it but you and you are not allowed to rent it out. O the plus side it gets you way closer to getting the 2.5 millions real estate empire hwich gets you an achivement for 100 Gamerscore
#8 Posted by TURVEYft (1 posts) -

The Castle FairFax quest is extremely hard. Lots of doors and secret passage ways... There is one of those orb thingys, EXTREMELY HARD TO SHOOT/HIT/MAGIC!!! It moves to the start within 2 seconds of the last hit. As for the Title deed to Castle FairFax... Ask me. Its not as hard to earn $10000000 as it seams. 

Keep in touch!
#9 Posted by Zeisan (1 posts) -

Ya know the quickest way to get money FAST is to buy properties.. Save the game...go to you Xbox dashboard or where you can change the date and time on your console/PC...change the date to the earliest it can be..for Xbox is 1/1/2005..Load the game..Save it...Go Back to xbox dashboard...change date in console settings to the latest it can wish is about 31/12/2025..Load the game and watch you will have earned 20 years of cash..for me that was about 900,000 gold..almost enough to buy the castle! EASY TRICK!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.