Can't see Friend Orbs

#1 Posted by gla55jAw (2685 posts) -

I have 1 friend on my friend's list who was playing the game, I wanted to gift him some weapons, and guess what, we were both in the same area and couldn't see eachother's orbs (we tried a bunch of places) what an annoying glitch. Happen to anyone else?

#2 Posted by Clean (2356 posts) -

That's weird. Are your sure your friend wasn't lying to you?

#3 Posted by MattyFTM (14328 posts) -

Are the friend orbs enabled in the options?

#4 Posted by TomboDemon (138 posts) -

they work fine for me,

#5 Posted by lvl10Wizard (326 posts) -

MattyFTM said:

"Are the friend orbs enabled in the options?"

Yeah, check in the options there a several settings.

#6 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
MattyFTM said:
"Are the friend orbs enabled in the options?"
Yes...try this.
#7 Posted by Karmum (11516 posts) -

I think they are automatically set to that, are you sure you are both in the same place? Make sure your friend has set the options, too.

#8 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
Karmum said:
"I think they are automatically set to that, are you sure you are both in the same place? Make sure your friend has set the options, too."
I thought I remembered it being set to off on default...you could try reloading the game. At one point I couldn't see any orb at all, but others could apparently see me.
#9 Posted by Karmum (11516 posts) -
Kush said:
"Karmum said:
"I think they are automatically set to that, are you sure you are both in the same place? Make sure your friend has set the options, too."
I thought I remembered it being set to off on default...you could try reloading the game. At one point I couldn't see any orb at all, but others could apparently see me."
When I went to go check mine for the first time, they will set to on automatically.
#10 Posted by pyromaniac (1703 posts) -

I was actually gone start a thread about this one but nevertheless I am having problems seeing people online too...that is when I first load up the game I see them; the orbs,  but when i load up different areas the orbs aren't there anymore. I have to exit the game and then restart it to see the orbs..am I the only person who is having this problem?

#11 Posted by gla55jAw (2685 posts) -

yea we both had them set to friends only. this game seems to have way too many glitches

#12 Posted by pirate_republic (1117 posts) -

The only thing I can think of is you're at a part in the story/quest that doesn't allow you to see other orbs or sleep. That happened to me a few times. And I haven't had any bugs at all. Best your primary/active quests then try again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.