Digging without Dog

#1 Edited by Gangstar (35 posts) -

Spoilers...
At some points in the game you don't have your dog with you, which means there's nothing guiding you to treasure or dig spots. From what I can tell, it's impossible to dig when you don't have your dog, making quests that require digging (specifically Treasure Island of Doom!) also impossible. Seems harsh to not allow you to finish up extra quests if you push through the story first. I'm not too happy about it.

I guess heads up to perfectionists like me who want to do everything. The story's bad enough to put off anyway.

#2 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -
Gangstar said:
"At some points in the game you don't have your dog with you, which means there's nothing guiding you to treasure or dig spots. From what I can tell, it's impossible to dig when you don't have your dog, making quests that require digging (specifically Treasure Island of Doom!) also impossible. Seems harsh to not allow you to finish up extra quests if you push through the story first. I'm not too happy about it.

I guess heads up to perfectionists like me who want to do everything. The story's bad enough to put off anyway."
Spoilers. As you didn't mention.

Just save your dog at the end, and you can finish the quests. Why, did you take the 1,000,000 gold you selfish bastard?
#3 Posted by Gangstar (35 posts) -

Spoilers...

I brought back all the Spire's victims which left me a lonely shell of a hero.

#4 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -
Gangstar said:
"Spoilers...

I brought back all the Spire's victims which left me a lonely shell of a hero."
If you didn't choose to save your dog for obvious reasons, then you deserve the ending you got. :/
#5 Posted by macandcheese (223 posts) -

yeah I have the same problem, I found all of the other treasure sand now cant find thelast cause I need to dig. I think were just screwed so get it BEORE the ending of the game.
#6 Posted by Karmum (11517 posts) -
Gangstar said:
"Spoilers...
At some points in the game you don't have your dog with you, which means there's nothing guiding you to treasure or dig spots. From what I can tell, it's impossible to dig when you don't have your dog, making quests that require digging (specifically Treasure Island of Doom!) also impossible. Seems harsh to not allow you to finish up extra quests if you push through the story first. I'm not too happy about it.

I guess heads up to perfectionists like me who want to do everything. The story's bad enough to put off anyway."
Are you referring to the quest in Bloodstone? Should have taken it before you complete the game.
#7 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

I couldn't find the last piece with my dog. I have no Idea where to find it. I suspect that bird that occasionally flies around the island has it..But it fucks off somewhere when I try and shoot it.

Can anyone confirm that the stupid bird has the teasure?

#8 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

BUMPITY BUMP

#9 Posted by TomboDemon (138 posts) -

no it doesnt,
try the ledge under the cliff about the lake,
or jumping off the other cliff onto the ships remains,
and theres a chest thats right behind the tree that my dog honestly didnt pick up on

#10 Posted by bucsfan655 (1 posts) -

actually you can still do it without the dog, it replaces the dig spot with a chest, so it would be

1.swim into the ocean to the left, and there's a small sandy part of the island with it
2.on the right below the broken ship.
3.jump off the cliff to the top of the other part of the broken ship
4. Before diving into the water, jump to the left to find one
5. Dive spot next to the island
6 and 7. Two chests on the island, one behind the tree
8. Behind the one of the waterfalls
9. in the cave, break down a wooden barricade
10. on the ledge before you leave.

hope this helps.

#11 Posted by SusurrusKarma (11 posts) -

I took 1,000,000 Gold... now I can't find the key in Bowerstone Market. Serves me right...

#12 Posted by comadre (1 posts) -

is it possible to dig the enforcer (legendary weapon) without the dog?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.