Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fable II

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 21, 2008

An action-oriented role-playing game set 500 years after the original Fable, this sequel starts players out in the role of a street urchin destined for greatness.

Disappointed with the ending? (SPOILERS).

JVMark2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By JVMark2

Damn, Fable 2 was a great game but the ending kinda sucked.

Don't get me wrong, I liked the plot, but the end would have been so much better if there was a fight against Lucien...... and not just having Reaver shoot him.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By artofwar420

I don't care myself, but SPOILERS? I'm sure some people do.

Boyling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Boyling

I shot Lucien myself. He just kept on yapping.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By kush

I actually found it to be funny...and you could shoot him yourself if you wanted.

AspiringAndy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By AspiringAndy

I thought it SUCKED, because there was no end boss.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee2492b629bb
    deactivated-5ee2492b629bb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, you can totally shoot him yourself. And you should.

Me? I was disappointed with the whole game.

macandcheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By macandcheese

yeah I got bored with his yappin so I zoomed in on him and sub-targeted his head and blew him away.
    In general I though it was good except that it would have been better even with just a little interactivity when you beat Lucien.

Will1Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Will1Lucky

Well the idea behind no boss battle with Lucien was quite simple. How are you supposed to have a boss battle against someone who was never a Hero? It was supposed to get the idea across that Lucien was just a normal person and any hero would have been able to kill him quite easily.

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By KingBroly

It was definitely a disappointing ending.  Not much of one, either.

daz0608

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By daz0608
    Spoilers!

I did find the ending dissapointing, expessialy the the choices that you get at the end, I hate how you you can only choose 1 out of the 3
    However I still think it's a great game, it's a shame about the ending but i'm definitely going to play though it again
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Yep, it was incredibly underwhelming.

AspiringAndy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AspiringAndy
    Will1Lucky said:
    "Well the idea behind no boss battle with Lucien was quite simple. How are you supposed to have a boss battle against someone who was never a Hero? It was supposed to get the idea across that Lucien was just a normal person and any hero would have been able to kill him quite easily."
    I agree with this but they could have altered it so Lucien did end up getting the power of the three heroes (Strength, Will, Skill) and then you could fight him in a super form.
    Or Am I wrong? Did Lucien just get them together so he could destroy Albion and start fresh?
    Jamesinho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jamesinho
    TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TomA

AspiringAndy said:

"Will1Lucky said:
    "Well the idea behind no boss battle with Lucien was quite simple. How are you supposed to have a boss battle against someone who was never a Hero? It was supposed to get the idea across that Lucien was just a normal person and any hero would have been able to kill him quite easily."
    I agree with this but they could have altered it so Lucien did end up getting the power of the three heroes (Strength, Will, Skill) and then you could fight him in a super form.
    Or Am I wrong? Did Lucien just get them together so he could destroy Albion and start fresh?"

But then the ending would be like every other game ending ever,where the bad guy absorbs powers or something dumb like that.I like the no boss fights.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By Kazona

I actually liked the ending. Every other game out there has some kind of final boss so I was glad to see something different for once. And in my opinion the 'boss fight' was when you had to make your wish. I had quite a hard time choosing between two of them. And now that I did make a choice I wish I'd chosen the other one. Unfortunately I overwrote my save game, so oops.

Will1Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Will1Lucky
    AspiringAndy said:
    "Will1Lucky said:
    Or Am I wrong? Did Lucien just get them together so he could destroy Albion and start fresh?"
    Yes Lucien intended to channel the powers through the Spire so he could shape Albion in his way.
    Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By Bennyishere

After the game finished and I had rebooted the game to get all three ending achievements, I felt disappointed. This game certainly wasn't as great as the great Molyneux proclaimed. Gosh darn his boyish good looks.

Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Megalon
    Bennyishere said:
    "After the game finished and I had rebooted the game to get all three ending achievements, I felt disappointed. This game certainly wasn't as great as the great Molyneux proclaimed. Gosh darn his boyish good looks."
    Haha, I think I've learned to take everything Molyneux says with a grain of salt and a blindfold, so his "boyish good looks" don't fool me again.
    dantebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By dantebk

The ending sort of retroactively killed the game for me.  You go through all this trouble to reach the villain, this guy who murdered your entire family including your dog, sister, wife, daughter, etc., and then all of a sudden it's over, and someone else pulled the trigger. 

"Ha ha ha!  Not what you expected, is it?"  says the designer.

"No," says I, "I expected an exciting emotional conflict, not a 'cheeky' non-event."

I'm not sure why you'd WANT the game you're creating to go out with a fizzle instead of a bang.  For an example on how to do a revenge-driven final boss battle extremely well, see the first God of War on PS2. 

AspiringAndy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AspiringAndy

Also.
    There wasn't really any Boss fight of any form in the whole game now that I think about it.

t67443

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By t67443

I didn't find the ending to be bad at all. I wasn't expecting a hard boss battle since the last portion was almost entirely cinmatics.
    It fit well with the story line and showed that he was just a weak kid killer. Can't wait to play it some more.

JohnDudebro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JohnDudebro

The one thing that disappointed me was the results of the choice. I picked family, and while it was cool to get my dog back, nothing had changed at all with my wife and kids when I went back home. I expected something to happen, even if only in a cutscene, but it was pretty pointless. Now remembering how much of a pain they are, I wish I'd just picked the "save everyone"option.

Also, a question to whoever picked the other ones - do you just play afterwards with no dog? I've been wondering how the game would work without one.
    Avatar image for pirate_republic
    pirate_republic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By pirate_republic

You could have shot him yourself you know... you waited too long so Reaver did. But I agree, there should have been a formal boss fight of sorts.

MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MKHavoc

Does anyone know what would've happened if you turned safety off and shot Reaver?

MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MKHavoc

Does anyone know what would've happened if you turned safety off and shot Reaver?

JVMark2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By JVMark2
    AspiringAndy said:
    "I thought it SUCKED, because there was no end boss."
    It would have been good to fight him.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.