Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fable II

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 21, 2008

An action-oriented role-playing game set 500 years after the original Fable, this sequel starts players out in the role of a street urchin destined for greatness.

DLC in Games on Demand version?

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Getz

So I thought I was getting an alright deal with Fable II from games on demand because it's the Platinum Hits version which is supposed to have the two DLCs (See the Future and Knothole Island) without having to drive around trying to find a copy or ordering online. However, I booted it up and played through several hours only to find no starting points for the DLC parts. Nothing in the quest log, nothing in Bowerstone. The listing in Games on Demand is extremely misleading considering it says Platinum Hits right there on the damn box-art. Am I wrong? Is the DLC there and I'm just an idiot, or did I just waste my money?

Avatar image for deactivated-633355e1dd700
    deactivated-633355e1dd700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

The Knothole island DLC adds a guy with a submarine at the docks in Bowerstone, and the magic peddler from the intro levels with other artifacts for the See The Future DLC also on the docks. If they aren't there you got jacked.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Getz

Yeah, I most definitely got jacked. Let this be a warning to everyone out there; you can get Fable II with the DLC included at retail for the same price as the GoD version.

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Meltac

Isn't the DLC to pop up after you've completed the game? Or am I remembering it wrong?

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Getz

nah, it's there as soon as you download it. I downloaded the free versions of the DLC, just on a hunch and sure enough they popped up down in the bowerstone docks. Only I couldn't access the areas without buying the premium versions. So basically I need to pay another 17 dollars if I want to play them. Fuck. That.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.