Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fable II

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 21, 2008

An action-oriented role-playing game set 500 years after the original Fable, this sequel starts players out in the role of a street urchin destined for greatness.

Does the game HAVE to be M rated?

Video_Tycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Video_Tycoon

By this, I mean, do you have to get married and have sex in the game?  Are there any cutscenes for sex?  Are they skippable?  >_>

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jakob187

Dood, just go to Wal-Mart and surf the $5 bin.  I'm sure there's some movie with a gnarly sex scene in there.  Yeesh...

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

There's a large amount of the F word in the game, and also there is a lot of blood.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jayge_

You dig up condoms, get solicited by people, and all kinds of other random sex-related content in the game, yeah...

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Yeah. It's pretty much GTA: Historical Edition.

OK, it's not as bad as GTA, but it's definitely an M. I'm actually surprised it only got a 15 here in the UK

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Karmum
    Jayge said:
    "You dig up condoms, get solicited by people, and all kinds of other random sex-related content in the game, yeah..."
    This would probably be enough for a M rating, but this isn't even mentioning the violence that is present.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jayge_
    Karmum said:
    "Jayge said:
    "You dig up condoms, get solicited by people, and all kinds of other random sex-related content in the game, yeah..."
    This would probably be enough for a M rating, but this isn't even mentioning the violence that is present."
    I didn't mention the generic civilian slaying and crotch shooting since that's pretty routine.
    Video_Tycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Video_Tycoon
    jakob187 said:
    "Dood, just go to Wal-Mart and surf the $5 bin.  I'm sure there's some movie with a gnarly sex scene in there.  Yeesh..."
    I don't want a sex movie, I'm wondering if this is okay for me to play.  I r 13. >_>
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jakob187
    Video_Tycoon said:
    "jakob187 said:
    "Dood, just go to Wal-Mart and surf the $5 bin.  I'm sure there's some movie with a gnarly sex scene in there.  Yeesh..."
    I don't want a sex movie, I'm wondering if this is okay for me to play.  I r 13. >_>"
    Well, given that there are 10 year olds playing GTA, it's pretty much a "whatever", eh?
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Karmum
    Video_Tycoon said:
    "jakob187 said:
    I don't want a sex movie, I'm wondering if this is okay for me to play.  I r 13. >_>"
    Do you know about pregnancy? You should be fine if you do know what happens to cause pregnancy.
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
    Video_Tycoon said:
    "jakob187 said:
    I wouldn't let someone who says "I r 13" play a spyro the dragon game.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By kush

There is a lot of adult humor in it...but the fact you type like this: "I r 13." makes me think you're not old enough for the game. :P

Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By Shawn

I don't even think the word "Fuck" was invented in Fable II times.

Ozzimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ozzimo

If sex is the main thing bothering you, You won't see the act itself. It goes into a black screen and you just hear comments from the partner in question. However, there are many parts your parents (for example) might find objectionable.

If in doubt rent it, at least you won't have to pay full price. ;)

Video_Tycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Video_Tycoon
    Ozzimo said:
    "If sex is the main thing bothering you, You won't see the act itself. It goes into a black screen and you just hear comments from the partner in question. However, there are many parts your parents (for example) might find objectionable.

If in doubt rent it, at least you won't have to pay full price. ;)"
    Alright thanks.
    TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheGTAvaccine
    Shawn said:
    "I don't even think the word "Fuck" was invented in Fable II times."
    And what time is that exactly? The time where people could shoot fire out of their hands? :P
    BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By BoG
    TheGTAvaccine said:
    "There's a large amount of the F word in the game, and also there is a lot of blood."
    You and I must be playing different games. I can't remember hearing the F word once, and I don't think there has been an excess of blood. Sex is just "ooh aahh I love you so much" during a black screen. I was actually surprised by the M rating.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By pause422

Yes the game needs to be M rated, which is really the whole reason it works well..if it was just your average T rated fantasy setting, it wouldn't be nearly as interesting. A lot of the humor is adult and dark..and because of all of it it makes it an overal better game, because it feels more fresh and interesting...but since you "r 13" I have no idea what to really say.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By StaticFalconar

For Fable 2 to have the edge over Fable 1, yes it has to be rated M.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DualReaver
    Shawn said:
    Not sure. I know the word Fuck came from the word Fluck which was around in medievalish times I think. Well at least that is what some guy told me.
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By PureRok

Fuck as read from Dictionary.com:
    1495–1505; akin to MD fokken to thrust, copulate with, Sw dial

There you go. Fuck was invented around the same time guns were used as much as they are in Fable II, so if we were to assume Fable II takes place in a realistic time then I would assume that people would say fuck. A little research helps everyone leave behind ignorance (I'm not saying that I knew either, which is why I looked it up instead of guessing.).

Edit: Read some more and here's something interesting from dictionary.com:

Word History: The obscenity fuck is a very old word and has been considered shocking from the first, though it is seen in print much more often now than in the past. Its first known occurrence, in code because of its unacceptability, is in a poem composed in a mixture of Latin and English sometime before 1500. The poem, which satirizes the Carmelite friars of Cambridge, England, takes its title, "Flen flyys," from the first words of its opening line, "Flen, flyys, and freris," that is, "fleas, flies, and friars." The line that contains fuck reads "Non sunt in coeli, quia gxddbov xxkxzt pg ifmk." The Latin words "Non sunt in coeli, quia," mean "they [the friars] are not in heaven, since." The code "gxddbov xxkxzt pg ifmk" is easily broken by simply substituting the preceding letter in the alphabet, keeping in mind differences in the alphabet and in spelling between then and now: i was then used for both i and j; v was used for both u and v; and vv was used for w. This yields "fvccant [a fake Latin form] vvivys of heli." The whole thus reads in translation: "They are not in heaven because they fuck wives of Ely [a town near Cambridge]."

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You don't have to have sex or get married. You may occasionally find condoms and women will flirt with you and a prostitute may ask if you want to pay for her services, but you can just ignore it. And if you do have sex, the screen just goes black and the woman might say something like, "you're amazing," generic things.

You get an achievement for getting married and you get one for having a kid for the first time. You can then just kill them both, pay your fine and pretend that it never happened. Except it will be on your achievement list...But it's still entirely up to you,  I only did it to get the achievements.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By StaticFalconar
    DualReaver said:
    "Shawn said:
    Not sure. I know the word Fuck came from the word Fluck which was around in medievalish times I think. Well at least that is what some guy told me."
    Fuck came from an abbreviation.

Fornication
    Under
    Consent of the
    King.

At least thats what I think it means.
    DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DualReaver

Yeah my friend told me that people would have to go the king to ask for permission to fluck their wives or something like that.
    At least I think he said fluck, and even if he did I am not sure of the proper spelling of it.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By PureRok

@Static & DualReaver: Just read what I put and you won't have to sit there and guess about it... geez. I think Etymologists are usually pretty accurate about these things.

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
    deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Ask your parents.

Mexalen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By Mexalen

what ever the etymology of fuck is ... I just can't get it on in Fable 2. Anyone can give me some pointers, what I am doing wrong?

I have wife, I have a house, we have a bed, I make her follow me ...but all I can do is rest. 

Don't worry, I'm going to use protection, if I ever happen to figure out, what to do ;)
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By BiggerBomb

I once played GTA IV with a 7 year old. So, um....grow a pair?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.