Fable 2 free on XBLM?

#201 Posted by Rxanadu (504 posts) -

You think it would work if I just download Episode 1 right now?

#202 Edited by Coombs (3449 posts) -

Chapter 1 is free, 

Then you have to pay for each chapter as you go, 

The first chapter is rather long though, So enjoy what you can.

#203 Edited by spiceninja (3055 posts) -
@Afroman269 said:

" @MrKlorox said:

" It's just episode 1 guys, Jesus. The game still costs money. It says I've already purchased it because I'VE ALREADY DOWNLOADED EPISODE 1. Fuck. It's not the "full game". "
"
No, it was the full game. You can't get it anymore though. I downloaded it and loaded a save from when I had beaten the game and everything was open to me. It wasn't just episode 1.
#204 Posted by Nes (222 posts) -
@Coombs:  You can't download Chapter 1 anymore. The download itself (from either that Marketplace link in the OP or from your Download History) was replaced (probably by accident) with the full copy of Fable II. The download is 7 gigs (As opposed to the 2-3 gig download for Chapter 1) and has the same name, description, rating, and release date as the $20 full game.

It's a goof on Microsoft's part.
#205 Posted by DoctorTran (1544 posts) -
@Afroman269
@MrKlorox said:
" It's just episode 1 guys, Jesus. The game still costs money. It says I've already purchased it because I'VE ALREADY DOWNLOADED EPISODE 1. Fuck. It's not the "full game". "
Actually it was indeed the full game. Free. Had to follow the link to the web page to get it.

Also... Why so much rage over this? Seriously man, that's a whoole lotta rage over nothing.
#206 Posted by FritzDude (2253 posts) -

This sounds strange to me.

#207 Posted by MrKlorox (11206 posts) -
@DoctorTran said:
" @Afroman269
@MrKlorox said:
Actually it was indeed the full game. Free. Had to follow the link to the web page to get it. Also... Why so much rage over this? Seriously man, that's a whoole lotta rage over nothing. "
Yeah Afroman. Why you ragin like that? You cussed a total of two times and capitalized the focal point. Oh wait, that was me.

Doctor, you don't even know what rage is.
#208 Posted by Erik (386 posts) -

It is the full game so now I can sell my original game :P

#209 Posted by OneManX (1680 posts) -

Is this game chugging for anyone else? It seems at certain points the framerate takes a bit of a dive

#210 Posted by StarFoxA (5138 posts) -

Were achievements available in the Episode 1 thing? Because I downloaded the 7GB download (which was incredibly difficult to do, because I only have a 12GB HDD) and I'm getting achievements.

#211 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@MrKlorox said:
" @DoctorTran said:
" @Afroman269
@MrKlorox said:
Actually it was indeed the full game. Free. Had to follow the link to the web page to get it. Also... Why so much rage over this? Seriously man, that's a whoole lotta rage over nothing. "
Yeah Afroman. Why you ragin like that? You cussed a total of two times and capitalized the focal point. Oh wait, that was me.  Doctor, you don't even know what rage is. "
Well you are raging...for no reason, beings as you're wrong and they did indeed put the full version up for free, not episode 1.
#212 Posted by PS3RG (424 posts) -

100% positive that the full game of Fable 2 WAS put up on XBL only available from adding to a queue from your computer. I DLed it last night having never had a Fable 2 disc anywhere near my 360 ever and as I am writing this my girlfriend is playing the fuck out of Fable 2. Great game and free to boot!

#213 Posted by takua108 (1478 posts) -

So does it no longer work? Or...?

#214 Posted by Tomkang (251 posts) -

It is in my dl queue, but hasn't started yet. (Damn you ME2 dlc and slow internet) will it still download full game?

#215 Edited by T0mF5 (928 posts) -

A few hours ago I was able to get the 7GB download of Fable II  by checking in my download history for episode 1 of Fable II.

#216 Posted by MrKlorox (11206 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" @MrKlorox said:
" @DoctorTran said:
" @Afroman269
@MrKlorox said:
Yeah Afroman. Why you ragin like that? You cussed a total of two times and capitalized the focal point. Oh wait, that was me.  Doctor, you don't even know what rage is. "
Well you are raging...for no reason, beings as you're wrong and they did indeed put the full version up for free, not episode 1. "
Woah, calm down dude. Just relax.
#217 Edited by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@MrKlorox said:

" @CL60 said:

" @MrKlorox said:
" @DoctorTran said:
" @Afroman269
@MrKlorox said:
Well you are raging...for no reason, beings as you're wrong and they did indeed put the full version up for free, not episode 1. "
Woah, calm down dude. Just relax. "
What? I am calm. I didn't know telling somebody who is set on saying that this is episode 1, is wrong = raging.
#218 Posted by MrKlorox (11206 posts) -
@CL60: See? It's annoying when people tell you you're experiencing an emotion that you're not. My short rant was hardly rage.
#219 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@MrKlorox said:
" @CL60: See? It's annoying when people tell you you're experiencing an emotion that you're not. My short rant was hardly rage. "
What short rant? You've been all through this topic yelling at people.
#220 Posted by InfamousBIG (3200 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" @MrKlorox said:

" @CL60 said:

" @MrKlorox said:
" @DoctorTran said:
" @Afroman269
@MrKlorox said:
Woah, calm down dude. Just relax. "
What? I am calm. I didn't know telling somebody who is set on saying that this is episode 1, is wrong = raging. "
HEY LET'S ALL ARGUE ABOUT ARGUING
#221 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
@Tomkang said:
" It is in my dl queue, but hasn't started yet. (Damn you ME2 dlc and slow internet) will it still download full game? "
Yes, as long as you claimed it you should be good to go.
#222 Posted by rjayb89 (7717 posts) -

Very legit.  Earlier, at least.  Much much earlier.

#223 Posted by AjayRaz (12418 posts) -
@InfamousBIG: i lol'd 
#224 Posted by Tomkang (251 posts) -
@SpikeSpiegel:  
Thanks 

Heard it was a good game, never got it because I have a heap of old games to play (So many JRPG's!)
#225 Posted by wwfundertaker (1396 posts) -

The story has made it on kotaku. I think it was a mistake but Microsoft will pretend and say it a promotional tactic.

#226 Posted by MrKlorox (11206 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" @MrKlorox said:
" @CL60: See? It's annoying when people tell you you're experiencing an emotion that you're not. My short rant was hardly rage. "
What short rant? You've been all through this topic yelling at people. "
That's a total nonsequitur. Caps for emphasis is not yelling. Try again.
#227 Posted by ShockD (2393 posts) -

I also noticed that it's free yesterday. Thing is. I don't have an Xbox360 :|

#228 Posted by quinistheman (150 posts) -

If it were to be episodic, when would it ask you to buy the next episode? I didn't install the update and I'm still hoping that it's the full game.

#229 Posted by quinistheman (150 posts) -

From what I've seen the first episode is just the childhood portion. I've already done the first mission with Hammer. Sounds like it's the full game to me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.