Fable 2: Game of the Year Edition Confirmed For Europe

#1 Posted by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -

Fable II: Game of the Year Edition has been confirmed by Microsoft for retail in Europe. The title will release in Europe on September 18 for 64.99 Eur / 39.99 Pounds. The box states: "More Quests! More Locations! More Choices!" The "more" is sure to comprised of both the "Knothole Island" and "See the Future" DLC packs. 

The Game of the Year Edition has only been confirmed for Europe so far.

#2 Posted by JJWeatherman (14485 posts) -

I've always wondered, are games that get game of the year versions self-proclaimed? If so, then it basically means nothing as any game developers could make a game of the year version of their game.

#3 Posted by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -

I wonder also. I suspect Microsoft have a role in the selection of such games. I think they are games they see as worthy contenders for GOTY in the years that they were released.

#4 Posted by Tylea002 (2291 posts) -

Game of the Year in retail speak doesn't mean its won any awards, it just means that its the complete version with DLC. Its confusing, yes, but its the term that has come to be used.

#5 Posted by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -

Thanks for clearing that up. Intentionally misleading more so than confusing. They could have easily called it something far more appropriate, but they choose to call it this in the hope that it will attract more sales.

#6 Posted by JJWeatherman (14485 posts) -
@Linkyshinks said:
" Thanks for clearing that up. Intentionally misleading more so than confusing. They could have easily called it something far more appropriate, but they choose to call it this in the hope that it will attract more sales. "
Well that's business for ya. Nice 5000th post btw.   : )
#7 Posted by TheBeast (1931 posts) -

I'm not too sure whether I should wait to get this as a replacement for my mangled copy of Fable II or just get a cheap original...

#8 Posted by Bigandtasty (3202 posts) -
@Linkyshinks: I'm several months late to this party, but Joystiq gave Fable II Game of the Year

Anyway, to give my post a bit more substance, Amazon now says that they can ship the Platinum Hits edition (the North American equivalent to Europe's GotY edition). Does anyone know if the DLC is included in that?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.