Fable 2 GiantBomb review: 4/5

#1 Edited by Hangid (104 posts) -

Vinny's quote:

"Fable II keeps you thoroughly entertained whether you're saving the world or unraveling it."

The review sounded mostly positive and Vinny seemed to really like it. I'm picking it up.

#2 Posted by Shawn (3825 posts) -

It was a good review, a little too optimistic though. I wish he would tack on the negative sides of the game a bit more.

#3 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

Yay for Vinny reviews...going to go read it now.

#4 Posted by Gunner612 (4338 posts) -
Kush said:
"Yay for Vinny reviews...going to go read it now."
hope he does a video review for once... Want to see him in front of the camera instead of behind it all the time.
#5 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

Just read the review and it was pretty good...I do agree that it was a optimistic as well.

#6 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

It was a well-done review but I do wish he delved more into the problems and said why it was a 4/5.  Still, I am getting this game and I am glad to see Vinny do reviews. 

Gunner said:
"Kush said:
hope he does a video review for once... Want to see him in front of the camera instead of behind it all the time."
i would love to see him do a video review.  That would be awesome.
#7 Posted by Tanuki (275 posts) -
RHCPfan24 said:
"It was a well-done review but I do wish he delved more into the problems and said why it was a 4/5.  Still, I am getting this game and I am glad to see Vinny do reviews. 
Gunner said:
"Kush said:
hope he does a video review for once... Want to see him in front of the camera instead of behind it all the time."
i would love to see him do a video review.  That would be awesome.
"

/agreed.  Vinny NEEDS to do a video review.
#8 Posted by SolemnOaf (535 posts) -

I think the borked co-op (especially the online) is justification for the score.  He said that playing in co-op actually diminished his enjoyment of the game, which should never be the case.  If a game is fun, playing along with a friend should be even better.  To have such a big feature implemented so half-heartedly is really disappointing.  I've already spoken about it, I'm sure, so I'll leave it at that.  I thought the review covered all bases adequately and confirmed my decision about a purchase. 

#9 Posted by thanatos990 (760 posts) -

I just saw a Wall Of Text

#10 Edited by BiffMcBlumpkin (3720 posts) -

I would've picked it up regardless, not gonna shit you, but it was a well done review.

#11 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

should have been a 3/5

#12 Posted by pause422 (6170 posts) -

Let me just say...anyone that feels the need to bitch that it got 4/5 and not 5/5, get the hell over it. I got the game and am definitely enjoying it, he talked positive about the game pretty much entirely, if you like it you like it..don't bitch and moan about reviews. (not directed at anyone specific, but I know a few have been saying this since it went up)

#13 Posted by Bellum (2944 posts) -

Generally, I wait to see what people say a few months or a year after a game is released, when the flash has worn off and people can say if the game is actually worth playing or not.

The original Fable, for instance, I thought was pretty bland. The setting was interesting because it sounded like it was right out of a childrens novel. In the end, though, that proved to be too simplistic to remain interesting throughout the story, which I never bothered to finish.

#14 Edited by pause422 (6170 posts) -

In an honest review I think Vinny says it all pretty well, its far from perfect of course, and still, if you weren't a fan of Fable 1, at least most won't really have their mind changed, but it is still a huge step forward from fable 1 I would say, and I'm definitely enjoying it, but of course once Fallout is here and Farcry( which I get tomorrow) I'm still more excited for those more than I was fable 2.

#15 Posted by Demilich (2599 posts) -

Now to somewhat hijack the thread, It's funny how much I've come to respect Brads reviews. He's always been pretty close to my opinions. Dead Space is no exception.

#16 Posted by pause422 (6170 posts) -

Hell yeah... I always usually agree with Brad's reviews too, and Dead Space is great, I love it.

#17 Posted by daniel_beck_90 (3159 posts) -

Vinny we need to see you . get in front of the camera 

We need Vinny Video review !!!

#18 Edited by MattyFTM (14330 posts) -
Shawn said:
"It was a good review, a little too optimistic though. I wish he would tack on the negative sides of the game a bit more."
The optimism seems pretty much in line with all the other reviews I've read of it. They pretty much all stayed positive apart from a paragraph or two about the bad map system and occasional glitches, which is the same as Vinny's. Not having played the game yet (it doesn't come out until Friday here) I don't know if this is fully representative of the full game, but judging by the number of different professional game reviewers have done this, I'd have to guess that it's roughly right.

Although personally I wish all game reviews should focus on the negative side of games more. I don't mind discovering good things for myself, but I like to know as many of the bad things as possible before getting the game, so I'm not disappointed when I see the bad things because I already know they're there.
#19 Posted by Mongoose23 (71 posts) -

Get this game!!
when i got home yesterday i played it from 3:30 PM - 11:00PM
its one of the funnest games i have ever play

old peter wasn't lying

#20 Posted by Bellum (2944 posts) -

"And the dog! He really cares!"

#21 Posted by Jtan21 (147 posts) -

Just reading the comments on the review itself on that page, I think it would be nice if the people who are up in arms about it only getting a 4/5 would explain what in Vinny's review seems off to them. Hopefully, they aren't just looking at the score and immediately jumping on it because of some silly number.

#22 Posted by Kratos81 (411 posts) -

There are so many games coming out, that I have to wait on this one. I havent even finished dead space and I would rather play Fall out 3 then Fable2. Then we have Gears and resistance. I usually buy games on release day but this year. I am actually going to finish one game before I buy another.

#23 Posted by pirate_republic (1117 posts) -

lol it's a good review:
"Some jerks took it upon themselves to kick my dog. They are dead now."

I'm getting it on the weekend.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.