Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fable II

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 21, 2008

An action-oriented role-playing game set 500 years after the original Fable, this sequel starts players out in the role of a street urchin destined for greatness.

Fable 2 Limited Edition announced.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Jayge_
    Click Here to see exactly what they happen to be including.

caption
    caption
    Looks pretty good to me. The "Fate" cards look nice, the Hobb figure is adorable, and I want that extra dungeon, cutlass, and whatever the thing is. Plus, the box is just plain amazing.
    Homes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2  Edited By Homes

I'm contemplating on whether to upgrade my regular to limited edition. Will the extra dungeons and items be worth it or will it just be horse armor (no offense to bethesda).

KillerFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 33

#3  Edited By KillerFly

I'll be getting it for the Pub games and the in-game content.

Gaius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Gaius

I think $79.99 is a little too steep for me, especially for only 1 extra dungeon and maybe a few weapons.  If it was $69.99 I might have considered it, I don't think i'll be picking this one up.

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

I'll be getting it. I loved Fable.

Avatar image for vibratingdonkey
    vibratingdonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6  Edited By vibratingdonkey

Really, what the hell are you gonna do with those Fate cards? You don't even know what they are. LE material is typically rather worthless (offense to everyone). And ripping out game content from the standard edition and charging for it is as always despicable.

The hobbe looks nice, but what's the quality like? I bought the AitD LE and that figurine was shit. Think I'm gonna set it on fire to see if I can make it look cooler. In the meantime I put it back in the huge box it came in.

Standard edition has prettier boxart, takes up less space and is cheaper = win.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jayge_
    VibratingDonkey said:
    "Really, what the hell are you gonna do with those Fate cards? You don't even know what they are. LE material is typically rather worthless (offense to everyone). And ripping out game content from the standard edition and charging for it is as always despicable.

The hobbe looks nice, but what's the quality like? I bought the AitD LE and that figurine was shit. Think I'm gonna set it on fire to see if I can make it look cooler. In the meantime I put it back in the huge box it came in.

Standard edition has prettier boxart, takes up less space and is cheaper = win."
    I like collecting. Nobody ever said the ripped content out of the normal edition, it's just an extra incentive for the Limited Edition. Personal preference thing I guess. I enjoy the peripherals and I enjoy supporting Lionhead. Your prerogative.
    TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

I'd be buying it even if it was just the figurine.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9  Edited By brukaoru

Those cards do look really nice and the little figurine is cute. :D

myslead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By myslead

i pre ordered the limited edition, why not eh?

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Does anyone know if the UK is getting the same collectors edition? Because all the online shops I've looked at are listing it as the same, but we're only paying £5 ($10) more than the standard edition for it, yet in the US its $20 more than the standard edition.

It is really weird for us to get a good deal on limited editions, usually we pay more and get less stuff, or don't get a limited edition at all, so I'm wandering if the websites are getting it wrong, and we are actually getting a lesser version than the US one.

Stealthoneill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Stealthoneill

I have just preordered the Collectors edition in the UK. All the stuff looks exactly the same as anywhere else I have seen. I am paying £10 more so, $20 which is RRP.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By jakob187
    Jayge said:
    "Click Here to see exactly what they happen to be including.

caption
    caption
    Looks pretty good to me. The "Fate" cards look nice, the Hobb figure is adorable, and I want that extra dungeon, cutlass, and whatever the thing is. Plus, the box is just plain amazing."
    Wait...whoa whoa whoa.  Ummm...where's the incinerator for me to burn the game in after I play it and find out it sucked like the first one?
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jayge_
    jakob187 said:
    "Jayge said:
    "Click Here to see exactly what they happen to be including.

caption
    caption
    Looks pretty good to me. The "Fate" cards look nice, the Hobb figure is adorable, and I want that extra dungeon, cutlass, and whatever the thing is. Plus, the box is just plain amazing."
    Wait...whoa whoa whoa.  Ummm...where's the incinerator for me to burn the game in after I play it and find out it sucked like the first one?"
    Whoa whoa um... where's the incinerator to burn the records of your existence after I do away with it?

Seriously. All you ever do is troll.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By kush
    jakob187 said:
    "Wait...whoa whoa whoa.  Ummm...where's the incinerator for me to burn the game in after I play it and find out it sucked like the first one?"
    Where's the pool of mayonnaise when you need it!? I would love to push you in it right about now.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jakob187

NO, NOT MAYONNAISE!!!  HOW DID YOU KNOW MY WEAKNESS?!

And to answer your question, Jayge...you troll just as much, and my excuse is that I sit at a computer at work for 8 hours a day with absolutely nothing to do but watch people play video games and make sure they don't break shit.  = D  
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jayge_
    jakob187 said:
    "NO, NOT MAYONNAISE!!!  HOW DID YOU KNOW MY WEAKNESS?!
    And to answer your question, Jayge...you troll just as much, and my excuse is that I sit at a computer at work for 8 hours a day with absolutely nothing to do but watch people play video games and make sure they don't break shit.  = D  
    "
    Except for the fact that I don't troll.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jakob187
    Jayge said:
    "jakob187 said:
    "NO, NOT MAYONNAISE!!!  HOW DID YOU KNOW MY WEAKNESS?!
    "
    Except for the fact that I don't troll."
    LOL  Is that what people say to keep their egos in check?  Tsk tsk...
    Anyways, enough personal attacks.  Bah.

I'm just saying...the first Fable, I was super psyched for it...then I beat it in 3 hours...and a week later, I picked it back up to do everything else.  As it turns out, everything else is boring and stupid and serves no purpose to either the story, the character, or overall gameplay.  You can get everything you need through just doing the story, and the boss battle wasn't even that hard.  Even doing all the side crap, it was only about 20-25 hours.  Lost Chapters didn't add much else that really mattered, aside from that one area...Dragon Roost?  Dragon Island?  See, been that long since I bothered playing it because it wasn't worth it.  Besides, any game that only allows you 4-5 sets of armor is weak.

I'm not saying that Fable II WILL suck.  I'm just saying I'd like to know that I can get rid of the game if (and more than likely when) it does suck.  That's all.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By kush

What about the business at hand...like The Fable 2 LE! I think it's a pretty awesome LE and I am happily getting it for the price of the regular version. :)

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jayge_
    Kush said:
    "What about the business at hand...like The Fable 2 LE! I think it's a pretty awesome LE and I am happily getting it for the price of the regular version. :)"
    Same, especially since I don't have to worry about Prince of Persia or Far Cry 2's LE anymore. Not getting Fallout's though.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By kush
    Jayge said:
    "Same, especially since I don't have to worry about Prince of Persia or Far Cry 2's LE anymore. Not getting Fallout's though."
    But the Fallout LE is so nice (not the clock one)...and I really want the US to get that UK LE for Far Cry 2. I want that so bad! It's nice to see more games having real LEs too...more than just a DVD with 30 mins of random videos.
    Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Thunder

meh $80 is a little to much for me ill just get the standered

Shabran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#23  Edited By Shabran

Thats all good and everything

But im not too bothered about the extras

I just want the game :)
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Jakob yeah you beat the game in 3 hours *rolls eyes* I dont believe that one bit.

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
    WilliamRLBaker said:
    "Jakob yeah you beat the game in 3 hours *rolls eyes* I dont believe that one bit."
    well i beat it  pretty quick just not that fast. i  beat it in  six hours and like 18 minutes
    but i really enjoyed playing fable it it was like my 20th play thru 
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    ZombieHunter said:
    "WilliamRLBaker said:
    "Jakob yeah you beat the game in 3 hours *rolls eyes* I dont believe that one bit."
    well i beat it  pretty quick just not that fast. i  beat it in  six hours and like 18 minutes
    but i really enjoyed playing fable it it was like my 20th play thru 
    "
    oh 6 hours is okay you can breeze through the gain geting enough lvl ups and such and good weapons to fight the end bosses with out much worry? but 3 hours? i doubt you'd be able to defeat some of the last bosses at such low lvls and such low weapons.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.