Fable 2 still relevant?

#1 Posted by ghostdog (17 posts) -

I just got Fable 2 for my birthday. Is it still worth playing or should I just wait for the third one? I've heard mixed reports.

#2 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

It's a game that I enjoyed for about a week then never really wanted to play again.  I don't think the 3rd looks so good, but I might be wrong.

Might as well enjoy it.

#3 Posted by owl_of_minerva (1455 posts) -
@ghostdog:  It's as worth playing as it'll ever be. I didn't like it that much but you might.
#4 Posted by Hourai (2795 posts) -

I played it like 5 months ago and had a fun time. You're missing out if you skip it. 

#5 Posted by Yummylee (22538 posts) -

Try it out and see for yourself. Free game, afterall.

#6 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

I thought it was a pretty cool game. I miss my family. Oh yeah, and my dog.

#7 Posted by BunkerBuster (1042 posts) -

If you like fantasy RPG's from western developers and hate math and statistics Fable 2 is great. 
It basically pulled a Mass Effect 2 and became more on an action game than its predecessor and for that I will always love it.

#8 Edited by Jeust (10858 posts) -

The game is great, apart from the god-awful endings. 

#9 Edited by Terry_Bogard (303 posts) -
@ghostdog: If you have it why do you need to ask if you should play it? 
#10 Posted by Ravenousrattler (1417 posts) -

Your already waiting for fable 3, so why not get a taste of what your in for.

#11 Posted by Babble (1270 posts) -

I had a great time with it -- and my interest in Fable III is fueled by the experience I had with the last one, give it a shot!

#12 Posted by Aronman789 (2671 posts) -

play if you want, the fable series is in no way known for any sort of amazing story, combat, or setting, but its still fun when you're bored and don't want to get into a long game you know you'll never finish 

#13 Posted by Necrotoxin (141 posts) -

I love the game, so it is directly influencing me to get Fable III. 

#14 Posted by Burns098356GX (1366 posts) -

I really didnt like it. I found it incredibly dull all around. The combat was near pathetic. I think its only popular because MS markets it so heavily. It really doesn't do anything new.

#15 Edited by Trylks (829 posts) -

It may be better than fable III in some aspects depending on your taste. I think you should try it, unless you really want to be able to touch people in a game, if you are dying for that then you will like fable III definitively a lot more. Of if you want to have a sword woman that looks like a female. Those are the only two reasons for which it could make sense not to play fable II and wait for fable III, IMHO.

#16 Posted by ghostdog (17 posts) -

I started it and it seems decent so far.  There's quite a bit of running back and forth but that's typical with RPGs from my experience.  I'll give it at least 10 hours and see where it takes me.

The one thing I've identified is that I'm apparently too poor to do anything.  I may have to pick up the pub games to bulk up my $$$

#17 Edited by Trylks (829 posts) -
@ghostdog: do you want to know how to become rich in a very easy way? 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.