Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fable II

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 21, 2008

An action-oriented role-playing game set 500 years after the original Fable, this sequel starts players out in the role of a street urchin destined for greatness.

Fable 2's Ending

paradox121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Edited By paradox121

Having just finished Fable 2, I have to say I found the ending a little underwhelming. The game seemed to build up constantly to you reaching the Spire and facing off with Lucien, which ultimately ended with you pressing Y and cutting off his rant. I guess this was classed as 'poetic justice' but it still seemed like they were building to something, as he took each of the elements from the heroes, and I could of easily seen a face off between you and him, pretty much fighting a dark version of yourself. For an otherwise stellar game the ending seemed to fizzle.

paradox121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By paradox121

Having just finished Fable 2, I have to say I found the ending a little underwhelming. The game seemed to build up constantly to you reaching the Spire and facing off with Lucien, which ultimately ended with you pressing Y and cutting off his rant. I guess this was classed as 'poetic justice' but it still seemed like they were building to something, as he took each of the elements from the heroes, and I could of easily seen a face off between you and him, pretty much fighting a dark version of yourself. For an otherwise stellar game the ending seemed to fizzle.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By flaminghobo

Yes, I felt the same way. Though this massive build up and disappointing result is common in Peter Molyneux's hype for his games as well.

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By SpawnMan

Same here. I was pretty underwhelmed with the whole game really...

9cupsoftea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By 9cupsoftea

I loved the ending. I would rather have an ending that focused on an emotional climax than just go for 'a bigger more badass enemy' any day. I guess it depends how much you were invested in the story though.

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By s10129107

Dude, i was listening to his rant and the other guy killed him.  I guess it's better than the typical giant disappointing boss fight.

Tasus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Tasus

Also the way you picked your last "morale" choice was a bit dumb. If the game split into path's in the end, and each path had a different ending and a morale choice tied into it, it would have been interesting. And yes, a boss fight would be awesome.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.