Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fable II

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 21, 2008

An action-oriented role-playing game set 500 years after the original Fable, this sequel starts players out in the role of a street urchin destined for greatness.

Fable II: Knothole Island Thoughts

DrRandle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 6

Edited By DrRandle

It's More Fable (But That's Not a Bad Thing)

If you were the kind of person who just wanted to breeze through the main story ofFable II, and completely disregarded all of the awesome side quests, stop now. The Knothole Island content is, in essence, another series of side-quests that can be done at roughly any point in the game after you've visited Bowerstone Market. The quest takes your hero to the (take a guess?) Knothole Island where the locals have found themselves under the grips of a serious weather disaster: the whole island is frozen over. While I won't bother to spoil the plot, I will say that this freeze-over isn't the last of Knothole's weather catastrophes.

While there is no real major story-plot, what you do get out of the downloadable content is some more of Fable's unique characters and interesting dialogue. Also, the game affords you several new pieces of clothing, new potions, and a few more achievements; everything you could want out of downloadable content. There is a whole new set of armor, or a nice Elvis build you can give to your character (which goes great with the new guitar weapon). Tired of your character being fat just because you wanted him to eat pies? Try one of the new fat-reducing potions and watch those love handles just melt away. There's even potions for making you less freakishly tall!

By the time you've finished the trading quest to get all the items, the main story quest, and hunted down all the lore books of Knothole (all of which grant you the three new achievements), you'll have probably spent a good 4 hours on the game. As a huge fan of Fable II, I would be willing to say I would take content like this for a good long while before I got bored of it, but I am aware (and ready to admit) my deep obsession with that title.

You can get Knotehole Island for free, but it doesn't come with the quest, and might be lacking in some of the items. If you're really into the game, I would be happy to advise you to venture forth and drop $10 bucks. If you're a little more casual, try downloading the free island and exploring it. Then ask yourself "Do I really want more to do in this game?"

-Make it a Good One
    Randy "Dr. Randle" Marr
    DrRandle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By DrRandle

It's More Fable (But That's Not a Bad Thing)

If you were the kind of person who just wanted to breeze through the main story ofFable II, and completely disregarded all of the awesome side quests, stop now. The Knothole Island content is, in essence, another series of side-quests that can be done at roughly any point in the game after you've visited Bowerstone Market. The quest takes your hero to the (take a guess?) Knothole Island where the locals have found themselves under the grips of a serious weather disaster: the whole island is frozen over. While I won't bother to spoil the plot, I will say that this freeze-over isn't the last of Knothole's weather catastrophes.

While there is no real major story-plot, what you do get out of the downloadable content is some more of Fable's unique characters and interesting dialogue. Also, the game affords you several new pieces of clothing, new potions, and a few more achievements; everything you could want out of downloadable content. There is a whole new set of armor, or a nice Elvis build you can give to your character (which goes great with the new guitar weapon). Tired of your character being fat just because you wanted him to eat pies? Try one of the new fat-reducing potions and watch those love handles just melt away. There's even potions for making you less freakishly tall!

By the time you've finished the trading quest to get all the items, the main story quest, and hunted down all the lore books of Knothole (all of which grant you the three new achievements), you'll have probably spent a good 4 hours on the game. As a huge fan of Fable II, I would be willing to say I would take content like this for a good long while before I got bored of it, but I am aware (and ready to admit) my deep obsession with that title.

You can get Knotehole Island for free, but it doesn't come with the quest, and might be lacking in some of the items. If you're really into the game, I would be happy to advise you to venture forth and drop $10 bucks. If you're a little more casual, try downloading the free island and exploring it. Then ask yourself "Do I really want more to do in this game?"

-Make it a Good One
    Randy "Dr. Randle" Marr
    Bass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Bass

Knothole Island really sounds like it could be a worthy addition to this game, I'll have to consider it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.