Fable II money

#1 Posted by R3Qui4M (409 posts) -

I'm finally playing Fable II. I wanna have the best experience possible, so is it more fun and immersive if I dont cheat the money, or will having the money help the combat and make it more fun that way. 
GT: L3th4L T4rg3T 

#2 Posted by Mrskidders (1330 posts) -

d0nt ch34t, y0u w1ll ru1n 1t.

#3 Posted by Von (328 posts) -

Money is never a problem in Fable II. Just buy some of the markets in the big city and poof... money drops in. Even when you're not playing the game.

#4 Posted by Rio (595 posts) -
@Von: Yeah it gets easy to come by money fairly quickly.  I think one of my characters have something like 30million gold on them, and I havent been on him in a while too so that might be another couple mil (I forget what the cap off is while not playing).   

As for the topic, I wouldnt worry about money and just work with what you come by.  As Von said start buying the cheap markets in Bowerstone and work your way up.  Before you know it you will be getting a grand or so every few minutes.  By the end of it you'll be earning like 18-20k ever couple minutes.  It grows pretty fast.
#5 Posted by JJWeatherman (14570 posts) -
@Rio said:
" (I forget what the cap off is while not playing).  "
I think it's around 600,000. I just turned the game on for the first time in a very long time a few days ago, and I got a little more than 600,000 gold. I expected more. :(
#6 Posted by Rio (595 posts) -
@JJWeatherman: Huh, I'm fairly sure I've gotten at least 1 mil from being away.  I believe the cap is a certain number of days rather than a fixed amount of gold.  So a character thats earning more gold over time will earn more gold total while away.  In any case it doesnt really matter because gold becomes pointless pretty fast lol.  Cant wait for Fable 3 though, I'm pretty damn excited at this point.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.