Fable2 will have online co-op from DAY1. Haters bitch slapped

• 53 results
#1 Posted by Riddler (1528 posts) -
#2 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -

How were the haters bitch-slapped? It should have been on the disk, although this is a welcome (slightly old) announcement.

#3 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -

Beacuse he hasnt made a fanboy bitch slap comment in  -ooooh- looking at maybe 10 hours now?

#4 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I read this earlier...it is definitely good news.

#5 Posted by ManlyBeast (1169 posts) -

Cool?

#6 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -

The haters were hating because that's what he said.
We didn't make this stuff up.

#7 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
Riddler said:
"Jayge said:
"How were the haters bitch-slapped? It should have been on the disk, although this is a welcome (slightly old) announcement."
If you want to play ONLINE co-op, YOU have to be ONLINE and youll get the patch, which means youll get play the game online with another friend from the second you put in the disc into the tray, Trolls like you thought the patch wouldnt be out till months of the games realease, THATS HOW YOURE BITCH SLAPPED."

*Sigh*
#8 Posted by breton (1437 posts) -
Riddler said:
"If you want to play ONLINE co-op, YOU have to be ONLINE and youll get the patch, which means youll get to play the game online with another friend from the second you put in the disc into the tray
Trolls like you thought the patch wouldnt be out till months of the games realease, THATS HOW YOURE BITCH SLAPPED."
What?
#9 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -

So the game as shipped still lacks online co-op? Yeah, still dumb. Developers should finish making their games before releasing them. Patches should not be used as an excuse for an incomplete product.

#10 Posted by pause422 (6209 posts) -

Hes picking up the game day 1 as hes said several times...how was he a hater to begin with? This news was stated like a week ago now, and yes its good its coming on day 1 definitely, but there is still no excuse that it shouldn't of been on the disc, especially since I don't know how many times Peter M has said "Fable 2 is finished" or almost finished.

#11 Posted by Keano (466 posts) -

Awesome news. Day1 co-op.

cant wait for fable2

#12 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
Jayge said:
"How were the haters bitch-slapped? It should have been on the disk, although this is a welcome (slightly old) announcement."
You really thought you could use logic and reasoning with Riddler?
#13 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -
Kush said:
"You really thought you could use logic and reasoning with Riddler?"
I give people chances. They waste them. :-/

LordAndrew said:
"So the game as shipped still lacks online co-op? Yeah, still dumb. Developers should finish making their games before releasing them. Patches should not be used as an excuse for an incomplete product."
Definitely. It's a slippery slope to go down when you let things like that happen.
#14 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -

yeah cos you know just incase you don't have live to patch it but want to do online co-op...

#15 Posted by breton (1437 posts) -
crunchUK said:
"yeah cos you know just incase you don't have live to patch it but want to do online co-op..."
What?
#16 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -

meaning you are all fussing about nothing

#17 Posted by breton (1437 posts) -
crunchUK said:
"meaning you are all fussing about nothing"
As in the 'haters' are all fussing about nothing? Because, before they devs announced this, they said "the game won't ship with on-line co-op". The hater's had every reason to hate.
#18 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -

oh noezzzz we have to wait 9 seconds for a patch!!!! THE HORROR

#19 Edited by breton (1437 posts) -
crunchUK said:
"oh noezzzz we have to wait 9 seconds for a patch!!!! THE HORROR"
.... There wasn't going to a patch(day one). There was going to be a week or more without online.
#20 Posted by Kazona (3092 posts) -

Actually this announcement makes me want to give Molyneux and his team a pat on the back. The way i see it, MS probably forced them to release the game without the co-op, and seeing how hard Molyneux and Lionhead have worked on getting a patch out for it on day one... Yea, definitely some thumbs up for them.

#21 Edited by Raiden36O (123 posts) -

personally i dont think its a big deal that they released the game without the online co-op on the disk. I mean its not like they just decide one day to magically make the game appear  on the shelf, im no expert but id asume theres months of pre plannng, production and distribution of all the discs. That all would have been held up and we'd be getting Fable 2 like a month after when we would have got it.

As it stands now the devs used the patch functionality to get there game out on time with all the features instead of deciding to go with months of delays like some you seem to want...

#22 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -
Jayge said:
Omg, you people get what you wanted, and now your bitching about it? That makes SOOOOO much sense.
#23 Posted by breton (1437 posts) -
Raiden36O said:
"personally i dont think its a big deal that they released the game without the online co-op on the disk."
It's not about whether it was on the disk or not. It's the fact that the devs themselves were skeptical if they'd have online ready on release day. That's where the hate comes from. That's why we people think devs should finish their products before release. A patch isn't an excuse for an incomplete game. It's great it will now have everything on release, but it was pretty close to not having it.
#24 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -

Moral of the story:

Don't trust Molyneux.

#25 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -
Pibo47 said:
"Jayge said:
Omg, you people get what you wanted, and now your bitching about it? That makes SOOOOO much sense."
I didn't care whether it was a week later or a day later. I didn't care if it was a month later. As I said in the other threads about this, I'm more enraged for the principle of the matter, in essence over what LordAndrew's post covered. So don't lump me into some stupid collective, please. Thank you.
#26 Edited by Keano (466 posts) -
Pibo47 said:
"Jayge said:
Omg, you people get what you wanted, and now your bitching about it? That makes SOOOOO much sense."
A nagging Bitching troll like jayge will Nag and Bitch about everything. Just look at every single one of his trolling posts.

Just avoid em and he will go away
#27 Posted by pause422 (6209 posts) -
Keano said:
"Pibo47 said:
"Jayge said:
A nagging Bitching troll like jayge will Nag and Bitch about everything. Just look at every single one of his trolling posts.

Just avoid em and he will go away"
Trolling something such as a feature on a game, would mean being linked with also saying the game is terrible and they think it sucks, and have no interest in it...yet he has said time and time again Fable 2 is a day one purchase so no comments towards calling him a 'hater' or bitching and complaining about things are even valid....yes, we're all happy its coming day one, it still doesn't excuse the reason that over a month ago they stated the game was finished, yet somehow this is left out at launch. Anyone with an actual mind knows you and Riddler are the only trolls here, but its not even worth pointing out the obvious, or arguing with people that act like children.
#28 Edited by Keano (466 posts) -
pause422 said:
"Keano said:
"Pibo47 said:
"Jayge said:

Trolling something such as a feature on a game, would mean being linked with also saying the game is terrible and they think it sucks, and have no interest in it...yet he has said time and time again Fable 2 is a day one purchase so no comments towards calling him a 'hater' or bitching and complaining about things are even valid....yes, we're all happy its coming day one, it still doesn't excuse the reason that over a month ago they stated the game was finished, yet somehow this is left out at launch. Anyone with an actual mind knows you and Riddler are the only trolls here, but its not even worth pointing out the obvious, or arguing with people that act like children."
hey look the inbred trolls butt buddy is here,too  LMAO!!

it doesnt excuse the disc? do you try acting like moron? or are you really that dumb.  on the disc!!!! ON THE DISC!!!!....... Let me guess you want to play "ONLINE" co-op without going "ONLINE"? huh? nice. youre gonna have the abliltiy to play online co-op from day one, and you still wanna bitch nag like the pathetic troll you are.....why wait thats what you do. you need attention cause your depressed life needs it.

Btw no one called you the "haters" numbnuts.  you came here by yourself and started bitching Jackass
 why am i even wasting my breath on this 12 year waste of sperm brat anyways. he's too thick to get simple facts through his mind. avoid this moron and butt buddy too.
#29 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4779 posts) -

Odd keano that your as offensive as he was yet hes the imature one?

#30 Posted by Cogito (175 posts) -

Even though I can't get on Xbox live right now, this is good news.

#31 Posted by Homes (334 posts) -

Many games, not matter PC, 360, or PS3, shipped incomplete and are patched later on down the line. Adam Sessler addressed this on his latest video podcast. I think it sucks that game developers are pushed to release dates before a game is finished. In this case, Fable II probably should have been delayed a little longer but at least they busted their ass to get the patch out on the day of release (seeing as the game had already gone gold making it difficult to put it on the disk).

#32 Posted by Nemesis (317 posts) -

I don't get it even if Fable 2 didn't have co op, it would still be awesome. I guess people are upset because it isn't on the disk, but if your going to be playing online co op you would have to be online anyways, and you would already get the patch. I think people are just trying to find anything wrong with the game, no matter how stupid it sounds.

#33 Posted by LoZone (148 posts) -

who gives a shit,   this game will be crappy just like the first one.  lionhead and pete m suck major big ass donkey balls.

#34 Edited by Rio (595 posts) -

lol at people still jumping on the bandwagon to blame PM and lionhead for anything they can.  It would be nice if people understood the relationships of developers and publishers, and where date pressure business models come into play.  I think people love a scapegoat, but at least make it an intelligent "blanket-statement" style scapegoat, most of you sound quite ignorant on the subject.   Blaming the wrong people makes you oh-so popular these days......... hell its in the Microsoft handbook.   ;)

EDIT:  ps  Word on the street has it that OXM gave Fable 2 a 9.5/10       No scans yet, just someone leaking scores from the next issue, check around to see when pics surface or if its fake.

#35 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -
Nemesis said:
"I don't get it even if Fable 2 didn't have co op, it would still be awesome. I guess people are upset because it isn't on the disk, but if your going to be playing online co op you would have to be online anyways, and you would already get the patch. I think people are just trying to find anything wrong with the game, no matter how stupid it sounds."
Except I'm not.
#36 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
Keano said:
"pause422 said:
"Keano said:
"Pibo47 said:
"Jayge said:

Trolling something such as a feature on a game, would mean being linked with also saying the game is terrible and they think it sucks, and have no interest in it...yet he has said time and time again Fable 2 is a day one purchase so no comments towards calling him a 'hater' or bitching and complaining about things are even valid....yes, we're all happy its coming day one, it still doesn't excuse the reason that over a month ago they stated the game was finished, yet somehow this is left out at launch. Anyone with an actual mind knows you and Riddler are the only trolls here, but its not even worth pointing out the obvious, or arguing with people that act like children."
hey look the inbred trolls butt buddy is here,too  LMAO!!

it doesnt excuse the disc? do you try acting like moron? or are you really that dumb.  on the disc!!!! ON THE DISC!!!!....... Let me guess you want to play "ONLINE" co-op without going "ONLINE"? huh? nice. youre gonna have the abliltiy to play online co-op from day one, and you still wanna bitch nag like the pathetic troll you are.....why wait thats what you do. you need attention cause your depressed life needs it.

Btw no one called you the "haters" numbnuts.  you came here by yourself and started bitching Jackass
 why am i even wasting my breath on this 12 year waste of sperm brat anyways. he's too thick to get simple facts through his mind. avoid this moron and butt buddy too.
"

I bet there are pigs with down syndrome that are smarter than you.
#37 Posted by jakob187 (21724 posts) -

Well, well, Molyneux...it seems you have turned the tables on us.

If it weren't for you and that pesky dog of yours...
#38 Posted by TheGamerGeek (2499 posts) -

Yea, why wasn't it just on the disk?

#40 Posted by pause422 (6209 posts) -

Actually no..online wasn't an 'added bonus' it was talked about since Fable 2 was first revealed, and everyone knew there would be co-op, no argument covers that fact..don't say we're just getting some bonus because it was supposed to be on the disc to begin with.

#41 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -

Sucks that I won't be able to play it in online co-op. Once I get Fable II, I will have to wait for the 21st. Won't have to worry reviewing about it, though, since it isn't in the box.

#42 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -
SockLobster said:
"

The game is complete, online is an added bonus and you should be happy to even have it. All patches mean is that they don't have to waste time manufacturing discs with the update and can simply offer it to live users instantly. Stop being an annoying twat and accept the motherfucking BIATCH SLAP.

"
If this game didn't have online co-op, I wouldn't get it. It's all this game really has going for me, and therefore isn't a bonus. It's a SELLING POINT. I'm happy it's at launch, bummed and confused it's not on the disc, but this is far from a slap. 
#43 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -

lol bitch slapped, can't wait for this game, looks really fun. :)

#44 Posted by mad4it89 (115 posts) -
BiggerBomb said:
"Moral of the story:

Don't trust Molyneux."
Amen.
#45 Posted by Mattzz10 (496 posts) -

While this is good news, what if someone who buys this game doesn't have an online connection?  This should have just been on the disc, as it would have made things much easier.

#46 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -
Mattzz10 said:
"While this is good news, what if someone who buys this game doesn't have an online connection?  This should have just been on the disc, as it would have made things much easier."
How would they play online co-op without an online connection? 0.o
or am I just totally not getting it?
#47 Posted by PureRok (4236 posts) -
Mattzz10 said:
"While this is good news, what if someone who buys this game doesn't have an online connection?  This should have just been on the disc, as it would have made things much easier."
If they didn't have an online connection they wouldn't be playing co-op to begin with.
#48 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -
PureRok said:
"Mattzz10 said:
If they didn't have an online connection they wouldn't be playing co-op to begin with."
Couldn't resist.

#49 Posted by Homes (334 posts) -
Arkthemaniac said:
"PureRok said:
"Mattzz10 said:
If they didn't have an online connection they wouldn't be playing co-op to begin with."
Couldn't resist.

"
They wouldn't be playing Online Co-Op but there is local co-op option for two players on the same Xbox 360.
#50 Posted by jakob187 (21724 posts) -

Not like it matters.  Online co-op won't save it from being a disappointment that everyone loves.

Fable is like the scrappy diseased ugly mutt at the pound that everyone wants to take home with them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.