Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fable II

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 21, 2008

An action-oriented role-playing game set 500 years after the original Fable, this sequel starts players out in the role of a street urchin destined for greatness.

Fable2's Online Details, HOLY ORBS BATMAN!!!!!

Max_Chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Max_Chill

HOLY SHIT @ ORBS

This is from a negaffer who got the game trough newegg -

ORBS, not just friends but 60 people on live

We all know about the Orb's of other people on your Friends list that are playing the game. What happens, is if you and your friends are playing, they appear as orbs in your world. The orb glows and as it get's closer to you, you see the gamer pic of that person with there name above. You Have the choice of jumping into their game. BUT, As they get closer they have implemented proximity chat. Here is what they never really discussed...Not only can it be your friends, it is EVERYONE that is on Live at that time. Rumors suggest it caps at 60 people, but last night I was running around and I ran into someone (no one on my friends list has the game). So this person comes up to me and he starts asking "can you hear me"?? I said, yes..can you hear me? We both were blown away...about a minute later some other person walks up and he starts chatting...these are people I never met before...

Not only can you chat within proximity, you can select the orb, check the stats, check other stuff and even trade. It is pretty amazing that they did this. They always talked about your friends showing up as orbs, but not the general public nor proximity chat. As you play, it is still your own world because the other player asked if it was night time in my game, but is was sunny, so even though we are in the same path/world, his was independent. What is neat, the 3rd player asked if we found chests...the 1st guy I ran into had played longer and led us both to where there was buried gold..as we approached it our dogs (again independently) ran to a dig spot and we both found 100 gold coins. It was pretty amazing that this could be done.

DOG

Speaking of the Dog...WOW! I really thought that it was going to be a gimmick, but the AI they programmed it with is just amazing. I am really blown away by how your dog reacts to you and how he follows you. Once you get "something??" you have the ability to name your dog anything you want. Your dog as you walk around, will bark loudly and run to areas where he sniffs out buried items and treasure chests. Oddly, if you played the first game, there are silver chests in the game. To open these, you need to find silver keys. Each chest has a number on them and you have to have found that many keys to open these silver chest. The dog did bark when he saw a silver key, but the two silver chests I have found he did not...so that seemed a littles odd.

I also noticed that some of the NPC's you can name. I did some posing and flexing and a skank looking female character kind of fell in love with me. I highlighted her and checked her stats and it said that she was a Gypsy and it gave her traits..In short she is a skank/tramp and it gave me the ability to name her, so I called her "Skank the Gypsy". the "the Gypsy" could not be edited, just the first part. This was also pretty neat and unexpected.

Open World

I only played for a few hours and what I have played is extremely impressive. Voice acting, sound, music, graphics are amazing. A little disappointing start to the game as the childhood portion is really short, took me about 30-40 min. since I looked everywhere and did the few small other side quests and that there seemed to be a little frame drop and tearing in the opening areas...but once you start adulthood..WOW...I said wow at the beginning, and once you hit the outside world...even more impressive.

Keano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Keano

damn, 60 orbs running around.......so how big is the world?

Bartiemus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Bartiemus

cool sounds promising as long as they capped it at 60 dont want to see golowing orbs everywhere

SolemnOaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SolemnOaf

This might be the closest thing to a subscription-less MMO on consoles.  I can only imagine the griefing potential in following somebody around and singing Rick Astley to them through a kazoo for hours.   Sweet.

Keano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Keano
    SolemnOaf said:
    "This might be the closest thing to a subscription-less MMO on consoles.  I can only imagine the griefing potential in following somebody around and singing Rick Astley to them through a kazoo for hours.   Sweet."
    i think you can turn it off to make it "friends only"
    But yeah, Nevaar gonna give you up.........never gonna let you down
    ZeroCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By ZeroCast

"Rumors suggest it caps at 60 people"

How on earth is the game going to handle 60 people at the same time? It will be awesome if this rumor is true but I'm having doubts about the exact number.
    Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Demilich

Your dog dies.

ZeroCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ZeroCast
    Demilich said:
    "Your dog dies."
    So is that a good thing or a bad thing?
    SolemnOaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SolemnOaf

lies, all lies!!!   The dog can be made immortal through a long quest that eventually renders your virtual pet into some sort of cross-hybrid dog/demon that consumes the souls of the pure for sustenance. 

SolemnOaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SolemnOaf
    Keano said:
    "SolemnOaf said:
    "This might be the closest thing to a subscription-less MMO on consoles.  I can only imagine the griefing potential in following somebody around and singing Rick Astley to them through a kazoo for hours.   Sweet."
    i think you can turn it off to make it "friends only"
    But yeah, Nevaar gonna give you up.........never gonna let you down
    "

Not with my kazoo talents, they won't. 
    shotaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By shotaro

interesting - this makes Fable 2 an even larger priority for purchase.

Vecta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Vecta

Just to clarify, the default setting on the orbs is to show friends only, you have to change it in the options menu to show everyone playing. Also as he said it tracks 60 different orbs at a time but only in the zone you are currently in at the time.

Also if you find a chest or treasure that your dog did not indicate you towards its because you have yet to upgrade your dogs treasure hunting skill and the chest/key was to high level for him to find.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13  Edited By kush

That all sounds very interesting, but I think these random orbs will be a bit different when the game is officially out. Some 13yr old will find you and see your stats first get the game...then proceed to call you a "noob" and a "pussy" while following you around for an hour.

Vecta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Vecta
    Kush said:
    "That all sounds very interesting, but I think these random orbs will be a bit different when the game is officially out. Some 13yr old will find you and see your stats first get the game...then proceed to call you a "noob" and a "pussy" while following you around for an hour."
    Good thing you can turn them off... or choose to kick individual orbs...
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Sounds really cool. I'm still extremely hyped for this game. Friday (UK release date) can't come soon enough.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By kush
    Vecta said:
    "Good thing you can turn them off... or choose to kick individual orbs..."
    I'll likely see how it all works with everyone turned on, but I'll likely be turning it on Friends-Only rather quickly.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Jayge_

This is pretty old news from the Fable II official thread on Gaf, but crazy all the same, neh?

Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx
    Demilich said:
    "Your dog dies."
    After you have sex with it?
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By kush
    Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "Demilich said:
    "Your dog dies."
    After you have sex with it?"
    You really think a dog would be willing to have sex with you? ...Your dog dies from a self-induced drug overdose.
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By mike

So what you're saying is that even while I'm playing single player, it's going to be laggy?

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By kush
    MB said:
    "So what you're saying is that even while I'm playing single player, it's going to be laggy?"
    I would hope not, but if that were the case you could just turn off the open co-op and set it up as an invite-only co-op.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.