Fallout 3, Old Schooler Will I like Fable 2?

#1 Posted by Zenfar (6 posts) -

Greets!  I am an old school (Wizardry, Baldur's Gate) RPGer.  I am way into Fallout 3 currently, my question is will I enjoy Fable 2?  I skipped Fable 1, was still a little put off by Black and White and into the Bioware titles at the time.  Would like to know if Fable is worth a go.

#2 Posted by freezerr (218 posts) -

The combat is extremely simple and easy, if that factors into your choice.

#3 Posted by ptc (615 posts) -

I'm old school as well.  I loved Wizardy, King's Quest, Baldur's Gate --- and I loved Fable II.  No brainer Zenfar.  Buy it! 

#4 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -

It's nothing like Baldur's gate doesn't even come close, however fable does have a lot to do but most of it's shallow and repetitive, the voice acting sounds like it's done by one person, the jobs are all about pressing X at the right time. It's a fun game to pass the time, but I don't feel that it's a big thing, if you've the money then yes, if you've not I wouldn't bother you're not missing that much.

#5 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6082 posts) -
@Zenfar: I'd say so.  Fable 2 feels like the spiritual successor to the Quest for Glory series, if you've played that.  It's an enjoyable game, but an old pro might find it a little easy.  I'd say give it a go.
#6 Posted by Zenfar (6 posts) -

Thanks for the advice.  I will give it a go after I finish Fallout 3.  The muskets seem like a nice touch.

#7 Posted by Green_Incarnate (1788 posts) -

You'll probably still love Fallout 3 more. Fable will be a much shorter simpler experience.

#8 Posted by Thunder (390 posts) -

dont buy it rent it from somewhere it gets boring after a while

#9 Posted by Zenfar (6 posts) -

Sounds like a good wait for the price drop title.

#10 Posted by nixium (193 posts) -

Maybe rent it for a couple days.

I loved it personally and I loved BG2 as well.

#11 Posted by natetodamax (19170 posts) -

It's a good game, I think.

#12 Posted by Kronom (30 posts) -

I love old rpg's and i love Fable 1 and 2... so, i say that you should give it a try ;)

#13 Posted by Scieran (215 posts) -

It's a straight forward game even though they intend to build it very much like a RPG but due to the limited capabilities of the controller.. it killed it. They also ruined the endgame bit by rushing it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.