First Fable 2 review from Molyneux himself!

#1 Posted by BoG (5187 posts) -
#2 Posted by BiffMcBlumpkin (3720 posts) -

This is terrible news. Michael Bay gave Pearl Harbor a 9/10.

#3 Posted by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -
#4 Posted by BoG (5187 posts) -
BiffMcBlumpkin said:
"This is terrible news. Michael Bay gave Pearl Harbor a 9/10."
Wait, really?
Oh, this may not be a good sign for Fable 2.
On the bright side, Molyneux has actually made good games before. Michael Bay, well, I think Armageddon sums it up.
#5 Posted by pause422 (6179 posts) -

wow...no one even has the right to review their own game imo, this is pretty funny though.

#6 Posted by 8xBiT (140 posts) -
#7 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
BoG said:
"BiffMcBlumpkin said:
Wait, really?
On the bright side, Molyneux has actually made good games before. Michael Bay, well, I think Armageddon sums it up."
I feel like I'm the only one who actually liked Pear Harbor. Oh well.

Yes Molyneux is a nutjob and one who should never be trusted. If he says something is going to be in the game, it is just a confirmation that it won't be.
#8 Posted by BoG (5187 posts) -
BiggerBomb said:
"BoG said:
"BiffMcBlumpkin said:
Wait, really?
On the bright side, Molyneux has actually made good games before. Michael Bay, well, I think Armageddon sums it up."

Yes Molyneux is a nutjob and one who should never be trusted. If he says something is going to be in the game, it is just a confirmation that it won't be."
Don't expect Fable 2 to have anything resembling a canine, then.
#9 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
BoG said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"BoG said:
"BiffMcBlumpkin said:
Wait, really?

Yes Molyneux is a nutjob and one who should never be trusted. If he says something is going to be in the game, it is just a confirmation that it won't be."
Don't expect Fable 2 to have anything resembling a canine, then."
lol'd

You'll find out when Fable 2 comes out that you don't actually have a dog, rather it's just a taxidermy trophy that comes with pre-orders.
#10 Posted by pause422 (6179 posts) -

I think that dog is a really dumb thing, thats the one thing besides not having much interest in it to begin with, that totally turned me off from even wanting to give this game a rent, all that Molyneux ever talked about was the dog..he never went on about anything else, he basically said "yeah this dog, you see here? the best thing in the game" so since I have no interest in a dumb fucking dog, that dogmeat owns anyway(Fallout ftw!) fable 2 has me interested, 0%.

#11 Posted by BoG (5187 posts) -

Ha ha, if you get a house, you can mount the head of the dog you could have had in the house.
Also, none of the achievements are possible. Absolutely anything is possible in Fable 2, as long as Molyneux never mentioned it. Expect lots of giant enemy crabs and cyborgs.

#12 Posted by MattyFTM (14370 posts) -
Well, he says - "It's the best, most complete game I've ever worked on" Considering most of his previous games have been about 5% complete, thats not saying much. Having said that, I do have high hopes for fable 2. Fingers crossed.
#13 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

He reviewed it already? Then I guess it must be done...so where is my copy? :P

#14 Edited by DualReaver (3882 posts) -

Don't worry guys Peter is legit. He hasn't steered us wrong yet.

#15 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
DualReaver said:
"Don't worry guys Peter is legit. He hasn't steered us wrong yet."

lulz
#16 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
BoG said:
"Ha ha, if you get a house, you can mount the head of the dog you could have had in the house.
Also, none of the achievements are possible. Absolutely anything is possible in Fable 2, as long as Molyneux never mentioned it. Expect lots of giant enemy crabs and cyborgs."

I wouldn't be so sure about that. No one knows the inner workings of Peter Molyneux.
#17 Posted by Rio (594 posts) -

Its getting hard to post on GiantBomb.  Far too many people wonder into different boards who seem to not have a clue what they are talking about.  Im going to avoid being specific for, hopefully, obvious reasons.

I absolutely love Giantbomb and it has become my favorite gaming website, but the forums have been slightly disappointing in some respects.  Still feels better to go to dedicated boards for various games if you want to talk about them.

#18 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
Rio said:
"Its getting hard to post on GiantBomb.  Far too many people wonder into different boards who seem to not have a clue what they are talking about.  Im going to avoid being specific for, hopefully, obvious reasons.

I absolutely love Giantbomb and it has become my favorite gaming website, but the forums have been slightly disappointing in some respects.  Still feels better to go to dedicated boards for various games if you want to talk about them."
Why the hell did you post that here?
#19 Edited by Zebadee (491 posts) -

I wasn't disappointed with Fable, I think we need to let the game come out first before talking shit about it.

Also I think you are twisting his words a bit, he rated the game on how well he thought he managed to create his vision, it doesn't sound like he was predicting review scores.

#20 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -
DualReaver said:
Haha... Your posts are always awesome. :D

Seriously though, a person reviewing their own game and not giving it a perfect score is pretty crazy. He may be being honest, which is cool, but it also gives a weird impression to gamers. I think maybe he's trying to get the game more attention by not giving it a perfect score...
#21 Edited by Zebadee (491 posts) -
brukaoru said:
"DualReaver said:
Haha... Your posts are always awesome. :D

Seriously though, a person reviewing their own game and not giving it a perfect score is pretty crazy. He may be being honest, which is cool, but it also gives a weird impression to gamers. I think maybe he's trying to get the game more attention by not giving it a perfect score..."
Erm, read it again? Hes not reviewing his own game. The 9/10 represented how well he reached his original vision of Fable 2 meaning that he didn't get absolutely everything he wanted into the game but nearly all of it.
#22 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

BoG said:

"BiffMcBlumpkin said:
Wait, really?
You best not be dissing The Rock. But seriously, if it's 9/10 in regards to reaching his vision, then that can only be a good thing. I'd just like to know a comparison with stuff like Fable and Black & White just to know how much better it will be.
#23 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -
Zebadee said:
"Erm, read it again? Hes not reviewing his own game. The 9/10 represented how well he reached his original vision of Fable 2 meaning that he didn't get absolutely everything he wanted into the game but nearly all of it."
My mistake, but I still think the score is getting the game more publicity.
#24 Posted by SmugDarkLoser (4619 posts) -

well no developer would honestly give themselves a 10/10.  That basically means that they think they cant improve.

#25 Posted by Zebadee (491 posts) -
brukaoru said:
"Zebadee said:
"Erm, read it again? Hes not reviewing his own game. The 9/10 represented how well he reached his original vision of Fable 2 meaning that he didn't get absolutely everything he wanted into the game but nearly all of it."
My mistake, but I still think the score is getting the game more publicity."
Indeed, especially if people don't read the second part of the sentence in that interview ;)
#26 Edited by Rio (594 posts) -
Kush said:
"Rio said:
"Its getting hard to post on GiantBomb.  Far too many people wonder into different boards who seem to not have a clue what they are talking about.  Im going to avoid being specific for, hopefully, obvious reasons.

I absolutely love Giantbomb and it has become my favorite gaming website, but the forums have been slightly disappointing in some respects.  Still feels better to go to dedicated boards for various games if you want to talk about them."
Why the hell did you post that here?"
I was hoping it was obvious.  I have spent the bulk of my forum time here because of my excitement for fable 2, and this is where it finally clicked and I decided to post to sort-of "vent".  Its in nearly every forum if you look around, not like there is a perfect place to post it.  Might as well be where I most recently /facepalm.
#27 Edited by Demokk (151 posts) -

I liked Fable a lot. Too bad the story wasn't that long but hey, I loved fighting non-stop the guards in the guild and owning every house that I could own in the game.

#28 Posted by MOLE (321 posts) -

Peter M already said on the Giantbomb interview that he did NOT say he ever reviewed the game

#29 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -

Molyneux is a complete character.

#30 Posted by Shabran (104 posts) -

Na if you watch some interiews with him he denies that and says that it has been mis-quoted

There is even a video interview with him on this site that denies that

He said that if anything he would give the game an 11/10

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.