Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fable II

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 21, 2008

An action-oriented role-playing game set 500 years after the original Fable, this sequel starts players out in the role of a street urchin destined for greatness.

I'd love to play this game for once.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By BoG

I just spent 15 minutes starting and restarting Fable II. For the last two days, it froze the first time I started up every time, but now it doesn't let me play after the  first time. It just freezes. Anyone else encounter this problem?

I wanted to play before work this morning. Kiss that dream goodbye.
    Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Pibo47

Idk wtf that is about. That really sucks, is it your 360. Or is it just the disc and or game?

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By daniel_beck_90

oh snap ,,,,,,,, that is terrible , no I do not think it is generic

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Emilio

Have you checked your other games? Maybe its a faulty copy?

nastybutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By nastybutler

My xbox get really loud when I play this game, I think its the game dude. Because its so big i guess it takes more out of the console. I hate it 

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Milkman
    nastybutler said:
    "My xbox get really loud when I play this game, I think its the game dude. Because its so big i guess it takes more out of the console. I hate it "
    Dude, if you think this game is big then your 360 is going to fucking explode when you put in Fallout 3.
    TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

I havent had any freezing problems. But yeah, my 360 gets super loud when I play it.

clarke0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By clarke0
    Milkman said:
    "nastybutler said:
    "My xbox get really loud when I play this game, I think its the game dude. Because its so big i guess it takes more out of the console. I hate it "
    Dude, if you think this game is big then your 360 is going to fucking explode when you put in Fallout 3."
    Fuck that's going to be scary. Way worse than RROD. :O
    Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Player1
    Milkman said:
    "nastybutler said:
    Dude, if you think this game is big then your 360 is going to fucking explode when you put in Fallout 3."
    Yep thats definatly going to be one I download to my HD. Actually Fable and Fallout will be downloaded to my hd. 
    princeashitaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By princeashitaka
    BoG said:
    "I just spent 15 minutes starting and restarting Fable II. For the last two days, it froze the first time I started up every time, but now it doesn't let me play after the  first time. It just freezes. Anyone else encounter this problem?
    "
    Its a problem with the disc. I had the same thing happen to me. Bought a new copy, works just fine.
    Giantkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Giantkitty
    BoG said:
    "I just spent 15 minutes starting and restarting Fable II. For the last two days, it froze the first time I started up every time, but now it doesn't let me play after the  first time. It just freezes. Anyone else encounter this problem?
    "
    It's your Fables II wife doing it - she's mad you haven't changed your clothes and expect her to change hers
    tokyochicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By tokyochicken

I heard that some people have been having freezing issues with fable 2. Doesn't sound incredibly common but its happening to a good enough of people.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#13  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

BoG-  Haven't encountered this yet.  My copy has run without a hitch for several hours at a time.

My only frustration with the game actually stems from the relative small size of my TV - sometimes the emotion responses can be hard to determine on a small screen, so while I'm trying to play a good character, I often make the mistake of choosing bad emotion responses.

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Sparky_Buzzsaw said:
    "BoG-  Haven't encountered this yet.  My copy has run without a hitch for several hours at a time.

My only frustration with the game actually stems from the relative small size of my TV - sometimes the emotion responses can be hard to determine on a small screen, so while I'm trying to play a good character, I often make the mistake of choosing bad emotion responses."
    I have the same problem on the TV in my room. =/
    sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#15  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell said:
    "Sparky_Buzzsaw said:
    "BoG-  Haven't encountered this yet.  My copy has run without a hitch for several hours at a time.

My only frustration with the game actually stems from the relative small size of my TV - sometimes the emotion responses can be hard to determine on a small screen, so while I'm trying to play a good character, I often make the mistake of choosing bad emotion responses."
    I have the same problem on the TV in my room. =/"

It's a pain.  I was saving and reloading each time I had to make an expression.  On my next playthrough, I think I might write down the expressions for each situation for some sort of a small TV FAQ, even if I'm the only one to ever use it.

I'm noticing some slight audio errors with the game, especially during scripted speeches.  If you backtrack during a character's conversation with you, they will tend to repeat themselves.  It's minor and nothing game-breaking.
    BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By BoG

Apparently it is a disc problem a few other people are having. I just want to know how all these manufacturing problems occurred, it sounds like someone needs to be fired somewhere. I've gotten used to starting and restarting, maybe I'll stop by gamestop and see if I can get another copy.

krazychris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By krazychris

I have that problem as well but not at that stage

Edit: Now I choose my saved game and it gets stuck at the loading screen. Waited about 5 minutes and I'm PAL for those who are curious.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By atejas

Oh brilliant. Is this just NTSC or are some PALs of ours having the same problem as well?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.