Just curious. To anyone who used the Fable 2 Pub Games cheat.....

#1 Posted by LokiZee (59 posts) -

Did you merge your character? I haven't the guts for it. What happened?????

#2 Posted by Player1 (3869 posts) -

Ya, same question. 

#3 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

I was going to post a thread on this but decided against it. And here you are! Anyway... I recalled my character (Maya) at the Bowerstone Pub. I received my 60,000 gold, which was obtained using the "cheat" for Keystone. I have had no noticeable change in my gameplay, and if there were any effects that I might've missed they are long gone. Pretty sure Peter Molyneux was just trying to scare us into not abusing it. I also received all 12 items that I had earned.

To summarize: just do it!

#4 Posted by TomA (2531 posts) -

I tried playing Keystone but it's too boring,i just did blacksmithing for 15 minutes instead.

#5 Posted by Player1 (3869 posts) -
TomA said:
"I tried playing Keystone but it's too boring,i just did blacksmithing for 15 minutes instead."
yeah the pub games really do suck. I couldn't even play the game long enough to get the cheat.
#6 Edited by Ouroboros (344 posts) -
Vinchenzo said:
"I was going to post a thread on this but decided against it. And here you are! Anyway... I recalled my character (Maya) at the Bowerstone Pub. I received my 60,000 gold, which was obtained using the "cheat" for Keystone. I have had no noticeable change in my gameplay, and if there were any effects that I might've missed they are long gone. Pretty sure Peter Molyneux was just trying to scare us into not abusing it. I also received all 12 items that I had earned.

To summarize: just do it!"
Good to hear, I get my copy Weds or Thursday so I'll try it then with mine - I think I have over 250k stored its pretty silly.  Even if something bad does happen I'm cool with it, but I think it was a lot of barking on Peters end and no real bite
#7 Posted by Vecta (167 posts) -

When you merge your characters you get corruption points. The amount of corruption points you get is based on how much gold you got through cheating.

#8 Posted by Shadow (4980 posts) -

I've got a pub games code I never used since I preordered it last friday.  Maybe I'll have to give it a shot.

#9 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

I didn't use the cheat because i was so bored to play to the point it enabled you to.

#10 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -

I merged mine. It was a complete bluff (that many people called early on). Absolutely nothing happens. Not even corruption points, if I remember.

#11 Posted by daniel_beck_90 (3159 posts) -

I can not believe it was a bluff , I mean Peter Molyneux is a credible guy .

#12 Posted by Gorillawhat (1259 posts) -

Can you store your money in a bank?

#13 Posted by LokiZee (59 posts) -

No Banks, and I'm still not gonna merge. I already own many businesses and 3 houses, and I have gold pouring in. I actually made most of my gold woodcutting in Oakvale. Easy Money!

#14 Edited by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

Don't get the game t'ill Friday. However i can answer you're question - ANY and ALL gold imported from pub games gives corruption points, it doesn't matter if you glitched or not. Gambling is seen as being corrupt in Albion and thats that, i can give you a sort of bench-mark to base corruption points off though. 1,000,000 gold = Quater bar of corruption.

#15 Posted by wilsonminer (1 posts) -

I merged my character and got my gold, but the items I won are nowhere to be found. Did anybody figure out how to get the items from the tournaments into the game?

#16 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -
daniel_beck_90 said:
"I can not believe it was a bluff , I mean Peter Molyneux is a credible guy ."
Winner
#17 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

I cut wood for about an hour and made 37k in golds. And by the time I turn on my XBOX 360 again, I'll probably have gained a billion golds from rent.

#18 Posted by Pitta (182 posts) -

@wilsonminer

Same here.... not sure whats going on... but would like to know why not....

#19 Posted by Ghostfish (234 posts) -

I merged with my Maya character and received my 5 million+ in gold and all the winnable items.  Nothing happened to me.  The end.

#20 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

The lesson here is cheaters prosper. Pretty sweet life lesson. Inspired me to get into insider trading.

#21 Posted by LokiZee (59 posts) -

Ah, another money cheat. Make sure you have money coming in from rent. Save and go to your dashboard ad set your clock about 6 months ahead. Start your game back and, well, mad cash. Only problem is that one of my wifes divorced me for being away for so long. Glad I didn't tell that bitch I won the cheaters lottery. O, and this in NO way disables achievments.

P.S. I very rarely cheat, but my wife does and wanted to check it for her first. Damn, maybe I should take a life lesson from that. SCARY! HEHEHEHEHEHEHEEHEH!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.