Last Minute Limited Edition Screw-Up Rumors

#1 Posted by Ghostfish (234 posts) -

The word is that a ton of the Limited Edition boxes have been shipped without the DLC cards inside them, allegedly due to one of the two manufacturing plants getting their heads up their asses (or maybe smokestacks? exhaust shafts?  whatever).  How to tell the good-magic-happy-super-fun-time boxes from the rage-inducing Molyneux-shaming boxes?  The cases with orange "48 Hours Of Live" stickers on them are the ones that --DO-- have the card inside, and the ones that don't, well...... don't.  This isn't official news or anything, but you can bet your ass I'm gonna be looking for the sticker.  This article from another site is where I got my info.

#2 Posted by Coltonio7 (3156 posts) -
THE SNEAKY BASTARDS!!!!
#3 Posted by BoG (5192 posts) -

Good thing I cancelled that. How in the world could they screw up so much? This is a first for collector's editions.

#4 Posted by jakob187 (21759 posts) -
BoG said:
"Good thing I cancelled that. How in the world could they screw up so much? This is a first for collector's editions."
If we were to play "What Super Power does Peter Molyneux Have?", it would be the power to continually fuck up and have people lavish him with praise for doing so.
He's like the Uwe Boll of video games...except Molyneux's stuff at least looks better.  =  /
#5 Posted by Psynapse (1064 posts) -

Lol... power to continually fuck up?? Have you seen the review scores jakob??

This isn't confirmed yet...

#6 Posted by Gorillawhat (1259 posts) -

I want to love Fable 2. I know I will ( when my broken Xbox returns *cries for 10 minutes* )

I just want mah tin box and hobbe figure =(

#7 Posted by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -

i'm not even getting the limited edition.

#8 Posted by Psynapse (1064 posts) -
RedSox8933 said:
"i'm not even getting the limited edition."

You realise that the Limited Edition is the same price as the Normal edition... at least in Australia it is... But i'm pretty sure its everywhere...
#9 Edited by jakob187 (21759 posts) -
Psynapse said:
"Lol... power to continually fuck up?? Have you seen the review scores jakob??

This isn't confirmed yet..."
Yes, I have...
...and I remember the review scores for the first Fable...

...and I remember the utter disappointment people had two weeks after the game was out...

...and I remember watching something close to 70 copies of the game being burned in a fire pit after me and all our friends that bought it were among the disappointed...

So I don't have high expectations for Fable II.

Now people know the whole truth about my hatred for Fable II.  Molyneux didn't deliver on his promises before, and I doubt he'll do it this time.  He sure didn't with Black & White 2.
#10 Posted by MB (13107 posts) -

I'm not exactly that excited for Fable 2, either.  I mean if my hype level for Gears 2 was a 10, and it is, that would mean my hype level for Fable 2 is around a 3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.