Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fable II

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 21, 2008

An action-oriented role-playing game set 500 years after the original Fable, this sequel starts players out in the role of a street urchin destined for greatness.

No Custom Hero in Online Co-Op?

drok17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By drok17

Anybody else pissed about hearing that you can't use your custom character/hero if you are joining an online co-op game?

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By OmegaPirate

Molllll-ynnne-uuxx   Molllll-ynnne-uuxx   ? Where art thou Molllll-ynnne-uuxx   ?

Is this another cut feature, or just one that was expected?/presumed
    Rio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Rio

Its been known for quite awhile, your henchmen is based off of your character.  They have said this from day 1 of online coop talk, please lay off the "PM lies AGAIN!"   bs ........... its really old at this point.

Bartiemus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Bartiemus

Is it the same for split screen co op is player 2 just a thug?

drok17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By drok17
    Rio said:
    "Its been known for quite awhile, your henchmen is based off of your character.  They have said this from day 1 of online coop talk, please lay off the "PM lies AGAIN!"   bs ........... its really old at this point."
    I'm pretty sure from Day 1 they've been saying we can use our own custom characters. That was the whole point of the online coop, to be able to use your own character and have relationships with people in your friends world. Hell even at E3 they showed a demo with a custom character...I'm not a hater btw. I actually looking forward to Fable 2 but still when they go back on their promises I think I have a right to be pissed
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6  Edited By kush

I'm pretty sure that the "henchman based off your character" thing has been known about for a while. I would like to see a patch at some point that lets you use your own character because this sort of defeats one of the biggest aspects of co-op.

Raiden36O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Raiden36O

This is a pretty big disappointment, does the gold and experience u earn in co-op still transfer back to your custom hero?

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pause422

Yes it does, that was confirmed...it just instead doesn't give you and of your items or anything when you join someones game and instead you're made as a preset looking dude that just has the same alignment/stats as your character. Hopefully it can be patched in to include your own character though, because without that, its not all that great. I hope some people bring this to Lionhead or PM and he acknowledges whether its possible or..if not it probably won't ever happen.

AspiringAndy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By AspiringAndy

In many video's I've seen on Fable 2 there seems to be two custom characters.

If there was custom characters in co-op at E3 then why not on the final product.    
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10  Edited By kush
    AspiringAndy said:
    "In many video's I've seen on Fable 2 there seems to be two custom characters.
    If there was custom characters in co-op at E3 then why not on the final product."
    Who said those were two custom characters...they never said that the player who joined the game was the exact copy of the original character.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By pause422

Exactly, they clearly stated actually in one of the videos, that the second character was just based off of another character, of course they somewhat look different, because its just configuring a character that has your stats, but a specific look to them as well..but no that was not 2 custom characters.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By crunchUK

i am 101% sure they were saying you entered your firneds world as a henchman so really it's your fault for deluding yourself

xxreaper666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By xxreaper666

yeahs bros but atleast u can customise the henchman =].

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.