Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fable II

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 21, 2008

An action-oriented role-playing game set 500 years after the original Fable, this sequel starts players out in the role of a street urchin destined for greatness.

Pre-order games

Loomis2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Loomis2

Anyone have ANY idea how MS is going to be able to tell that we pre-ordered the game to let us d/l the parlor games for free?  How is that going to work?

Loomis2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Loomis2
    This is from the other parlor games thread.  If there is a physical card with a code on it, does this offer only apply to Gamestop/EB Games?  Cause I pre-ordered from Amazon thinking it only mattered that you pre-ordered, not where you pre-ordered.  Anyone got any more info?

and333
    said:
    "MisterMollusk said:
    "Yeah, it's stupid but I'm getting them with the preorder. Any idea how we'll recieve these games if we prordered fable 2?
    "
    I'm thinking a code or something no idea tho. But that is a good idea to pre order cause the games by themselves are gonna be like 10 bucks.
    "
    Assuming you live in the United States, you'll get a download code.  They should be available from the retailer around August 11th.

From Gamestop/EB Games:
    "Online / In-Store Pickup Customers: Codes and instructions for Pub Games will be emailed to you. Please provide valid email address at time of order."

"Store Customers: Beginning the week of August 11, in-store customers can begin picking up their download card, enabling you to build up your character before the game launches. Pub Games will go live on or around August 13. Please contact store prior to visit to ensure card availability."
    Wolswor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Wolswor

My gamestop said they were gonna e-mail the codes.  Lionhead made a mistake with the whole pre-order code crap.  When they first announced it I had already reserved my Fable2 LE version and when I called up Gamestop and asked them about codes they had no idea what I was talking about.

Loomis2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Loomis2

OK, I think this seems pretty official as far as who the "OFFICIAL RETAILERS" are for pre-order:

When I went to xbox.com's Fable 2 page and clicked "PRE-ORDER" it lists Amazon, Best Buy, Circuit City, Gamestop and EB Games as your choices.  I would think if you order from any of them your free pub-games should happen.

MisterMollusk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By MisterMollusk

When I preordered from amazon there's a message saying they'll email me mah code.

Loomis2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Loomis2

I don't think I got that message.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By BoG

I preordered from gamestop a few days ago, and I got nothing. I may have to stop in to see what the deal is.

nobull6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By nobull6

Amazon's page doesn't mention anything about the preorder codes.  You'd think they'd mention that as part of a preorder offer.  I'll wait for a little bit before I preorder mine.

Loomis2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Loomis2

Striaght from the horses mouth.  Or rather email.  And it's really from Amazon.

Greetings from Amazon.com.

I apologize for the delay in responding to your message. We're
    working hard to provide fast, thorough, and personal answers to all
    customer inquiries.

Due to a technical error, the promotional offer to receive a unlock
    code to download the Fable 2 Pub Games with the pre-order of Fable 2
    did not appear on our web site when your order was placed. I have
    confirmed that we are still participating in this promotional offer
    and your order qualifies.

You should be receiving your code for the Fable 2 Pub Games via the
    e-mail address on your account within the next week. Please contact
    us again if you have not received your code by August 16, 2008.

I hope that this information is helpful. Thank you for shopping at
    Amazon.com.

Homes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Homes

I pre-ordered from Gamestop and I just picked up my physical card, just like the XBL trial cards but with Fable II on it. Today is the start of when you can pick up your pre-order cards. I do not know, however, if we have to wait till August 13th to play just like everyone else. Anyone know if we get to play early?

thebignasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By thebignasty

I'm gonna order it from Amazon (got a slight discount), but if I pre-order after they send out the codes (I was gonna order it sometime next week), will I still get the codes emailed to me?  Or is it only for people that pre-order before the 15th or whatever day it is?

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By KingBroly

I think we wait until it becomes available publicly.  You can certainly try to redeem it early.  It shouldn't matter though.  I just pre-ordered it myself from Gamestop and picked up the card.  To my surprise the pre-order was $10 at Gamestop (I'm guessing because the Pub Games is $10, and it's basically a free game, blah blah blah), but whatever, I'm not complaining.

I never played Fable 1, showed some interest in Fable 2, but what really got me was the achievements.  I was like 'wow, I wanna try that.  And that.  And that.  That might be cool.  Okay, I'm getting it'.  I won't get Fable 1 though (no Xbox; 360 emulation sucks) but I'm sure it'll be a similar experience with more stuff to do.

EDIT:  Edited for less stupidity on my part.

MisterMollusk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MisterMollusk

Here's for Amazon users:

caption
    caption
    Homes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15  Edited By Homes

Gamestop/EB pre-orderers can pick up their codes at the store now and use them when the Pub Games go live today!

Doc_Zaius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Doc_Zaius

I got my code and it doesn't work.  checked and rechecked it but no good.

i get the feeling I'll get the run around when I try to get this fixed.  xbox will blame amazon and vice-versa.

Update:  looky here...

http://kotaku.com/5036475/fable-ii-pub-game-pre+order-codes-broken

thebignasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By thebignasty

That sucks, but at least they're working on it.  It seems like everyone should have realized how many people were going to use those codes.  Stuff like this shouldn't happen anymore.  What are all the QA people doing?

Doc_Zaius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Doc_Zaius

UPDATE:

My code is working, looks like they got it fixed.

and333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By and333
    thebignasty said:
    "That sucks, but at least they're working on it.  It seems like everyone should have realized how many people were going to use those codes.  Stuff like this shouldn't happen anymore.  What are all the QA people doing?"
    Dude stuff never goes as planned thats the way of life, and getting upset about its ridiculous cause your getting the game for goose egg!
    thebignasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By thebignasty
    and333 said:
    "thebignasty said:
    "That sucks, but at least they're working on it.  It seems like everyone should have realized how many people were going to use those codes.  Stuff like this shouldn't happen anymore.  What are all the QA people doing?"
    Dude stuff never goes as planned thats the way of life, and getting upset about its ridiculous cause your getting the game for goose egg!"
    Haha, no offense man, but lighten up.  I wasn't serious :p.  In fact, I haven't even pre-ordered the game yet.
    Windex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Windex

I just talked to an EB Games employee in Calgary, Canada and he said that they expect to get the pre-order promotional cards today.  Toys R Us had no clue when I called them, and their website makes no mention of it.

cann3dheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22  Edited By cann3dheat

Yeah. At the GameStop I work at, we just got a box of cards and we pass them out as people pre-order the game. If you've already pre-ordered it before the promotion, just go into the store and tell them you'd like to pick yours up.

and333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By and333
    thebignasty said:
    "and333 said:
    "thebignasty said:
    Dude stuff never goes as planned thats the way of life, and getting upset about its ridiculous cause your getting the game for goose egg!"
    Haha, no offense man, but lighten up.  I wasn't serious :p.  In fact, I haven't even pre-ordered the game yet."
    well funnyness or not seriousness doesn't come through very well on the internet.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.