Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fable II

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 21, 2008

An action-oriented role-playing game set 500 years after the original Fable, this sequel starts players out in the role of a street urchin destined for greatness.

Still worth playing?

mrfizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By mrfizzy

Hey all,

So I got Fable 2 in a buy one get one free sale, got a game I actually wanted and then figured I may as well grab this seeing as it was free and all. Anyhoo never got around to playing it until yesterday. Now I'm really enjoying all economics of it and all that but to be honest I really couldn't care less about the story. I'm not saying it's bad but it isn't blowing me away and I am having way more fun working to get money and then buying up houses and businesses etc etc.

My question is, should I keep going with this or would I be better to move onto Fable 3 which I can borrow easily from a friend? I'm guessing that they didn't get rid of all the stuff I'm liking in the third one right? And if that is the case then I have to assume I would enjoy that one more due to better graphics and gameplay (presumably) in general.

Thanks,

Silock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Silock

Stick with fable 2, much better.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

The third one is generally considered the worst of the Fable series, they were ambitious with it, but it just didn't end up paying off. I say unless you start finding it too dull, stick with Fable II.

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By mesoian

Get out where you are. 2 is pretty middling, 3 is much worse.

Poppduder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Poppduder

I thoroughly enjoyed Fable 2. It was the only Fable game that I actually went back and played more of, and took an interest in my character. I certainly have a few gripes about the "RPG-ness" of it, and the combat, but the same could be said about all Fable games and certainly shouldnt cause you to shy away from playing it. So do it.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By audiosnow

Pretty light on the RPG mechanics, I couldn't care less about the story, the combat is decent.

But I put two solid weeks into it, strictly for the real estate management portion alone.

Play it. It takes a couple of hours before the world really opens up, but once it gets going there's enough variety that even the poorer bits don't keep it from being a great game.

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By cheesebob

Never liked Fable 2. Fable 1 is the best one tbh

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By ShaggE

Fable 2 is pretty gre- ...

Silock, why do you keep bumping Fable recommendation threads?

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By stinky

@Mesoian said:

Get out where you are. 2 is pretty middling, 3 is much worse.

sums it up well.

not sure what you mean by economy in 2, money and leveling are almost meaningless.

if its just because you are just beginning and haven't hit the gluttony get out while you can before it sours.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.