Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fable II

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 21, 2008

An action-oriented role-playing game set 500 years after the original Fable, this sequel starts players out in the role of a street urchin destined for greatness.

The Knothole Island blog.

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 7

Edited By jimbo_n
    Fable 2 - RPG of the year 2008 !

I´m currently downloading the Knothole Island expansion for Fable II. This post will be updated with impressions as I set foot on this new island. I love blogging about playing Fable 2 so keep your eyes peeled to this post for quick updates. I´ll try to keep it spoiler free. I´m going to be quite busy for a while so this post might drag on for a week or two before I´m at the end of the DLC.

[SAT 17/1 - 4.20 AM] Downloading Knothole Island and installing Fable 2 at the same time. Never got around to installing it when I was playing it back when it came out. I might have my dates mixed up but I dont think the NXE was out then. Either that or I didnt have my new 360 HDD so I didnt have space to install. Anyways, it will be very awesome to play Fable 2 installed since it seems to be one of those extra loud games in the drive. I really should go to bed instead of starting all this at this hour tho...

[SAT 17/1 - 3.30 PM] Great. Turns out my Fable 2 savegames are on my old HDD and they cant be transferred between storage devices. So I need to download Knothole and install Fable 2 on my old HDD. Currently doing so...

[SUN 18/1 - 3.22 AM] Arrived via submarine to Knothole Island. The Island was covered with beautiful snow upon arrival and my first task was to warm the place up. The small town in wich you arrive in looks incredibly cozy in the heavy snowfall except that everyone runs at the sight of me. I decided to go with my fully evil, fully corrupted character. I ran into an optional crypt that had a very nice offer to make me which I couldnt refuse. Pretty gamechanging. Ive found a new hairstyle and some new Judas priest style, bikerleathers. Looking forward to more tomorrow.

[SUN 18/1 - 5.00 PM] Aight, played a bit more this afternoon. Decided to take a break with helping Knothole with their weather problems to go out of my way to find digspots and treasure chests. I also started collecting the prizes in the special shop on the island. You have to turn in special items found all over Albion for special prizes in this shop. Turns out that "Puny carrot" is the hardest thing to find in all of Albion, even when you own every building in the world and know every shop like your own pocket. Getting all of this items is one of the new achievements. Also started collecting the books detailing the history of Knothole Island. Those things are pretty well hidden.

Argh, you puny carrot !
    Argh, you puny carrot !
    [MON 19/1 - 4.20 PM]
    Spent the whole afternoon trying to get my hands on two "Puny Carrots". Turns out I dont have a single region in my version of Albion where I can buy Puny Carrots from vendors. So. Since I own every building in the land I´ve walked around adjusting rent prizes in the cities in an effort to try and regulate the economy so I can buy the right type of carrot from the Veg. vendors. Two Puny Carrots are the last thing I need to complete the house of secret items on Knothole Island. But I´ve given up for the day. Seems like no matter what I do I can only buy either Shriveled Carrots or Homegrown Carrots from stalls all over Albion. I even went as far as trying to go in to every single house in Bowerstone Old Town and steal what they had in their cupboards. So hey, Giant Bomb. If anyone of you can buy Puny Carrots in your Albion, please hit me up on XBL and I´ll pretty much trade you anything for 2 of those in Fable 2.
    jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By jimbo_n

I´m currently downloading the Knothole Island expansion for Fable II. This post will be updated with impressions as I set foot on this new island. I love blogging about playing Fable 2 so keep your eyes peeled to this post for quick updates. I´ll try to keep it spoiler free. I´m going to be quite busy for a while so this post might drag on for a week or two before I´m at the end of the DLC.

[SAT 17/1 - 4.20 AM] Downloading Knothole Island and installing Fable 2 at the same time. Never got around to installing it when I was playing it back when it came out. I might have my dates mixed up but I dont think the NXE was out then. Either that or I didnt have my new 360 HDD so I didnt have space to install. Anyways, it will be very awesome to play Fable 2 installed since it seems to be one of those extra loud games in the drive. I really should go to bed instead of starting all this at this hour tho...

[SAT 17/1 - 3.30 PM] Great. Turns out my Fable 2 savegames are on my old HDD and they cant be transferred between storage devices. So I need to download Knothole and install Fable 2 on my old HDD. Currently doing so...

[SUN 18/1 - 3.22 AM] Arrived via submarine to Knothole Island. The Island was covered with beautiful snow upon arrival and my first task was to warm the place up. The small town in wich you arrive in looks incredibly cozy in the heavy snowfall except that everyone runs at the sight of me. I decided to go with my fully evil, fully corrupted character. I ran into an optional crypt that had a very nice offer to make me which I couldnt refuse. Pretty gamechanging. Ive found a new hairstyle and some new Judas priest style, bikerleathers. Looking forward to more tomorrow.

[SUN 18/1 - 5.00 PM] Aight, played a bit more this afternoon. Decided to take a break with helping Knothole with their weather problems to go out of my way to find digspots and treasure chests. I also started collecting the prizes in the special shop on the island. You have to turn in special items found all over Albion for special prizes in this shop. Turns out that "Puny carrot" is the hardest thing to find in all of Albion, even when you own every building in the world and know every shop like your own pocket. Getting all of this items is one of the new achievements. Also started collecting the books detailing the history of Knothole Island. Those things are pretty well hidden.

Argh, you puny carrot !
    Argh, you puny carrot !
    [MON 19/1 - 4.20 PM]
    Spent the whole afternoon trying to get my hands on two "Puny Carrots". Turns out I dont have a single region in my version of Albion where I can buy Puny Carrots from vendors. So. Since I own every building in the land I´ve walked around adjusting rent prizes in the cities in an effort to try and regulate the economy so I can buy the right type of carrot from the Veg. vendors. Two Puny Carrots are the last thing I need to complete the house of secret items on Knothole Island. But I´ve given up for the day. Seems like no matter what I do I can only buy either Shriveled Carrots or Homegrown Carrots from stalls all over Albion. I even went as far as trying to go in to every single house in Bowerstone Old Town and steal what they had in their cupboards. So hey, Giant Bomb. If anyone of you can buy Puny Carrots in your Albion, please hit me up on XBL and I´ll pretty much trade you anything for 2 of those in Fable 2.
    DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By DoctorTran

The one thing I found hardest to find was the Regal Purple Dye... because I haven't found it yet.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By c1337us

Sounds like a solid edition to Fable 2. I should get it and give it a try myself some time. Too bad about all the hassle you had to go through to get playing it though.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By suneku

Puny Carrots are found in 3 star economy places. Try bloodstone produce trader, I found it quick there.

For regal purple dye, I think you might need a 5 star economy like bowerstone, go to fairfax garden. Find a clothing trader, and check their dyes, if they don't have it buy all the dye they have. Go rest for a week, and return there to find new stocks.

I think the knights armor looks awesomely sexy

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jimbo_n

Ive been trying to adjust my economy, sleep for weeks and try the vendors again but to no avail. I really need to trade someone for Puny Carrots.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By DoctorTran

Yeah... my Bowerstone is like a 3 star economy... Fairfax gardens is 5 star but... it's so random.. I've gone to just buying out all of the dyes at the Seamstress and Tailor and then checking back.

My problem with Fairfax Gardens is it seems that there's always just Two Weapons Dealers, Two Rifle Dealers, adn Two Gift Dealers.... fucking A.

If anyone has some Regal Purple Dye... and can just... give it to me... or trade for something... just Hit me up. Toss me a PM and we'll figure out a time to trade.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.