the map sucks

#1 Posted by reversethedevil (99 posts) -

so. no way to zoom the map? i feel less in control on my character than i did in fable 1.

#2 Posted by Loomis2 (22 posts) -

You know, the select button isn't used for anything at all.  It would have been nice to at least push select and have the map superimposed over the screen while you're playing or something like that so you don't have to keep pushing start if you get turned around.  Then the map would be a little less useless.

#3 Posted by Death_Burnout (3797 posts) -

Yeah the Map really isnt good at all, a map that i could move around and zoom to see regions would make the world feel more...open i guess.

#4 Posted by lvl10Wizard (326 posts) -

Totally agree. The map is flawed and not even up to the standards of games released 10 years ago!

#5 Posted by ManMadeGod (1575 posts) -

My biggest compliant about Fable 2 is the map (or lack there of).

#6 Posted by pyromaniac (1703 posts) -
ManMadeGod said:
"My biggest compliant about Fable 2 is the map (or lack there of)."
lvl10Wizard said:
"Totally agree. The map is flawed and not even up to the standards of games released 10 years ago!"
Death_Burnout said:
"Yeah the Map really isnt good at all, a map that i could move around and zoom to see regions would make the world feel more...open i guess."
Loomis2 said:
"You know, the select button isn't used for anything at all.  It would have been nice to at least push select and have the map superimposed over the screen while you're playing or something like that so you don't have to keep pushing start if you get turned around.  Then the map would be a little less useless."

agree, agree, agree, agree
#7 Posted by zdmetal2101 (63 posts) -

The map fails miserably there are a couple things that could be fixed to make this game perfect. #1. Map #2. Co-op #3. More clothing options and probably a couple more things I can't think of since I'm not playing it right now. 

#8 Posted by Jimbo_N (1197 posts) -

You dont NEED a map. at all. you use your dog and the glowing trail. Except that you just remember where things are at. Most towns are so small anyway there is no problem whatsoever. Im so glad I just played through an RPG without even using a minimap.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.