Too Late?

#1 Posted by Zereta (1370 posts) -

So yea, with a lot of my anticipated games of 2009 being pushed back to next year, its freeing up a lot of expenditure. I've always kinda wanted to get Fable 2 and now that the games are clearing away, i'm wondering if I should get it later this year. Is it too late to appreciate Fable 2 or is it a still a really solid game? Oh and how do I get the Master Chief Armor and Assault Rifle if I buy the game?

#2 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3715 posts) -
@Zereta said:
" So yea, with a lot of my anticipated games of 2009 being pushed back to next year, its freeing up a lot of expenditure. I've always kinda wanted to get Fable 2 and now that the games are clearing away, i'm wondering if I should get it later this year. Is it too late to appreciate Fable 2 or is it a still a really solid game? Oh and how do I get the Master Chief Armor and Assault Rifle if I buy the game? "
Are you kidding? Of course Fable II has held up. Its only been a year!
#3 Posted by Happy (261 posts) -

Dang man it hasn't even been a year. It's relative quality hasn't had enough time to degrade any. Plus it's cheaper so your dollars to fun ratio will be better!

#4 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -

I never found it that good anyway, but how good I found it hasn't changed over a year.

#5 Posted by CoverlessTech (749 posts) -

Do people think developers maliciously add broken updates after release to lessen the experience for late comers? It's the same game as release.

#6 Posted by Systech (4078 posts) -

I think now is a great time to play Fable II considering that all the holiday games start rushing into stores next month. I don't think you can get that Master Chief armor anymore, though. I say go for it.

#7 Posted by babblinmule (1262 posts) -

Yeh Im pretty sure the halo gear was only available with the limited editions of the game. That said, its still a very good game that you can sink anywhere from 10 hours to 100 hours quite easily.

#8 Posted by Einherjan (593 posts) -

It is a relatively solid game, but it is still a little buggy. Hell, no game is perfect anyways. I got the game when it first came out, and it was almost intolerable. I re-bought it like a month ago and it is a little better. I am just waiting for a PC release now.

#9 Posted by MattyFTM (14432 posts) -

Why would a game have decreased in quality in less than a year? Do you really think it's possible for a genre to come so far in less than a year, that Fable II will not be good anymore?

#10 Posted by Hannibal (863 posts) -

I got it for $24 (free shipping) off eBay just a few weeks ago, played it and really enjoyed it. It'll probably be down past $20 by holiday season, and for that price it's well worth it, especially if you buy both DLCs.

It's not a mind-blowingly good game, but it's damn solid.

#11 Posted by Zereta (1370 posts) -

Looks like I'll be dropping into Fable 2 later this year then. Thanks people.

#12 Posted by vaderbreath (46 posts) -
@Zereta: I just started this game a couple of weeks ago and I have to say it is a fantastic game.  Definitely worth playing just for how unique this game is and how Albion looks.
#13 Posted by Gamer_152 (14109 posts) -

Yep, Fable 2 is still an awesome game.

#14 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

It's only been a year since it came out so it's definitely not late at all. I've seen some places still sell the limited edition. And the assault rifle comes in the Knothole Island DLC.

#15 Posted by Zereta (1370 posts) -

Yea. With all this good replies, I'll be getting it probably. That and Dead Space, which I finally got the balls to play.

#16 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Fable II is a lot of fun. You should definitely pick it up.

#17 Posted by lilarchie232 (728 posts) -

Its a, pretty solid, unique rpg with a few quirks here and there, but I am really enjoying it, and I am using this and Shadow Complex to tide me over until BORDERLANDS, Woo Woo

#18 Posted by Crixaliz (782 posts) -

I read somewhere that the GOTY edition (includes DLC and maybe the Halo gear) is set to come out on 13th Sept '09, so if you want you could just wait for that one.

#19 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

Fable 2 was a really solid game so you will definately enjoy it. Its cheap to buy now and it hasnt had time to age so your all set.

#20 Posted by Reuben (622 posts) -

You should really think about installing Fable 2 to your HDD. The game plays much more smooth but yeah great game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.