Un-reserved Fable 2

#1 Posted by Wolswor (201 posts) -

Wow.  Really....WOW.  I was looking forwards to Fable 2 so much about 3 months ago, now it just seems like a huge pile of shit.  No online co-op at release, almost all of the limited edition content was removed(What's left now?  The in-game dungeon).  Weren't Peter Molyneux's exact words at E3 "FABLE 2 IS FINISHED!!!"  Apparently, at the last second someone didn't carry a zero when they were coding.  My money is now going to Far Cry 2

#2 Posted by Grilledcheez (3945 posts) -

Great...I'm happy for you and the fact you judge the quality of the game based on how many worthless trinkets come with the LE.

#3 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -
Wolswor said:
"Wow.  Really....WOW.  I was looking forwards to Fable 2 so much about 3 months ago, now it just seems like a huge pile of shit.  No online co-op at release, almost all of the limited edition content was removed(What's left now?  The in-game dungeon).  Weren't Peter Molyneux's exact words at E3 "FABLE 2 IS FINISHED!!!"  Apparently, at the last second someone didn't carry a zero when they were coding.  My money is now going to Far Cry 2"
I'm kinda with you there, as you can see by my bio, it's hard enough trying to afford Left 4 Dead, Gears Of War 2, Far Cry 2 without some crazy Molyneux game to worry about!
#4 Posted by jakob187 (21662 posts) -
GrilledCheez01 said:
"Great...I'm happy for you and the fact you judge the quality of the game based on how many worthless trinkets come with the LE."
Ah yes.  I remember the last time that Molyneux promised something in a game...and the game didn't deliver.  Good ol' Black & White 2.
#5 Posted by Bennyishere (1685 posts) -

Wait... so because the online co-op was delayed and the limited edition cut, you don't want to play this game at all? I think that's a bit harsh.

#6 Posted by jakob187 (21662 posts) -
Bennyishere said:
"Wait... so because the online co-op was delayed and the limited edition cut, you don't want to play this game at all? I think that's a bit harsh."
I wouldn't want to feed any money to Molyneux for his lies and betrayals either.  =  /
#7 Posted by Wolswor (201 posts) -
Bennyishere said:
"Wait... so because the online co-op was delayed and the limited edition cut, you don't want to play this game at all? I think that's a bit harsh."
Ever played Saint's Row, or the Darkness?  It took them MONTHS to fix the multiplayer, sorry I don't feel like throwing down 80 dollars while they dick around and not fix anything for a few months.  When you say "you're finished" and then two months later start slicing out pieces of the game and merchandise it raises the question, "well, what else did they cut suddenly?"  Has Lionhead even released any statements about this incident?  I have only seen ones from Microsoft and a call from Gamestop
#8 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -
Bennyishere said:
This is what im thinking.
#9 Posted by Potter9156 (941 posts) -

So, you would prefer they release it with unfinished features? I see nothing wrong with waiting an extra week or two to get lag free Co-Op.

#10 Posted by Wolswor (201 posts) -
Potter9156 said:
"So, you would prefer they release it with unfinished features? I see nothing wrong with waiting an extra week or two to get lag free Co-Op."
There's a thing called business quality, both Microsoft and Lionhead suck at it.  You shouldn't promise the customer one thing(ex: "FABLE 2 IS FINISHED!!!!") then two months later changed your mind and start slashing things out from the game.  What's next? "Fable 2 is going to actually be an enhanced version of Fable 1 until we can release a patch that will include all the amazing things we have been talking about for the past few years."
#11 Posted by Potter9156 (941 posts) -
Wolswor said:
"Potter9156 said:
"So, you would prefer they release it with unfinished features? I see nothing wrong with waiting an extra week or two to get lag free Co-Op."
There's a thing called business quality, both Microsoft and Lionhead suck at it.  You shouldn't promise the customer one thing(ex: "FABLE 2 IS FINISHED!!!!") then two months later changed your mind and start slashing things out from the game.  What's next? "Fable 2 is going to actually be an enhanced version of Fable 1 until we can release a patch that will include all the amazing things we have been talking about for the past few years."
  Better than having those amazing things suck and feel rushed.
#12 Posted by tmontana1004 (376 posts) -

Oh get over it. I'll enjoy it. Miss out.

#13 Posted by Milkman (16618 posts) -

Those are both pretty dumbass reasons to not get a game that you were that hyped for. Sure, it sucks that there is no co-op at launch but it will be patched in within a week of release. And I don't see how cutting the stuff that comes with the limited edition effects the actual game at all. If your not satisfied with what comes with the limited edition, simply buy the regular game.

#14 Edited by pause422 (6178 posts) -

They really aren't great reasons to never play the game..if you don't want to feed them your money simply rent it sometime if you still want to check it out..but those 2 reasons alone if you had interest in a game shouldn't be a reason to offset that. I don't have a single interest in Fable 2 ,but still just saying I could understand if some of the main features promised or that you were looking forward to weren't gonna be in the game at all, but a slight delay(even though understandibly disappointing) and cut down LE(even though yes that sucks too) really doesn't seem reason enough to not give the game at its core without that stuff a chance, I mean the co -op will come still.

#15 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -

They could've delayed it 5 days, fixed the co-op and put all the good shit in the LE.

#16 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -
Wolswor said:
"Bennyishere said:
Ever played Saint's Row, or the Darkness?  It took them MONTHS to fix the multiplayer, sorry I don't feel like throwing down 80 dollars while they dick around and not fix anything for a few months.  When you say "you're finished" and then two months later start slicing out pieces of the game and merchandise it raises the question, "well, what else did they cut suddenly?"  Has Lionhead even released any statements about this incident?  I have only seen ones from Microsoft and a call from Gamestop"
They never fixed the multiplayer for Darkness, not sure about Saint's Row.
#17 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -
Wolswor said:
"Wow.  Really....WOW.  I was looking forwards to Fable 2 so much about 3 months ago, now it just seems like a huge pile of shit.  No online co-op at release, almost all of the limited edition content was removed(What's left now?  The in-game dungeon).  Weren't Peter Molyneux's exact words at E3 "FABLE 2 IS FINISHED!!!"  Apparently, at the last second someone didn't carry a zero when they were coding.  My money is now going to Far Cry 2"
So, if you wait like a week for the patch to have co-op and buy the limited edition, you would like it?

Well the thing you do then son is buy the limited edition and wait a week or so for the patch to come out then start playing it.
#18 Posted by RobDaFunk (336 posts) -

i wasn't 100% on Fable 2 to start with, what with Molyneux's constant chat about "The Best Game He's Ever Made".  But these amendments to the LE and no co-op on disc has killed it for me, too many uncertainties.

With Far Cry 2 & Dead Space out on the SAME day here in the UK, i'll be putting my wager on those.

;)

#19 Posted by MattyFTM (14364 posts) -

when he said "fable II is finished" at e3, we all knew he was lying. It was months away from release. As for the problems, I'm fine with no online co-op at release, I'd rather they release it a week or so after the game and get it right, than have it broken at release. As for the limited edition problems, I'm sure these were out of lionheads control.

I'm still really hyped for this game. A few little problems shouldn't deter you from this game, the core game still looks amazing.

#20 Edited by Vecta (167 posts) -

And if the game gets a better average rating then Far Cry 2? Will you buy it then? Or will you continue to whinge?

And when he said Fable 2 is finished he meant content wise. All that was left were bugs that needed fixing, and guess what its a bug thats holding back the Online Multiplayer...

#21 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -

It is as good of an idea to invest trust in Molyneux as it is to invest your life savings in Wall Street right now.

#22 Posted by Shotaro (820 posts) -

wait wait wait - someone actually a) LISTENED to Peter Molyneux and b) BELIEVED HIM

PAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

The man is so full of shit he may as well be a sentient sewage plant (or the golgarth shit demon from Dogma)

#23 Posted by Kazona (3063 posts) -
Vecta said:
"And if the game gets a better average rating then Far Cry 2? Will you buy it then? Or will you continue to whinge?

And when he said Fable 2 is finished he meant content wise. All that was left were bugs that needed fixing, and guess what its a bug thats holding back the Online Multiplayer..."
I agree with you that when Peter said Fable 2 was finished, it meant in terms of content. And I believe that if he had a say in it, he would've delayed the game and fixed the online co-op before releasing the game. But that isn't up to him, it's up to the publisher, being Microsoft. And I think he's just as little to blame for stuff being scrapped from the Limited Edition of the game. Petery Molyneux may have a history of promising things that he doesn't fully live up to, but there are things which are beyond his control, and I think these two things are exactly that.
#24 Posted by chronicsmoke (996 posts) -

yeah the stuff they cut from the LE is highly dissapointing,but im still getting it.Im just gonna get the regular edition instead of the LE now

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.