Vinny knew the ending game since 05-20-2008 (about the dog)

#1 Posted by Pie (7055 posts) -

On that bombcast (Vinny first by the way) Ryan, Jeff, Vinny and Alex start talking about fable 2 and the dog specifically when Vinny say's "maybe theres a moment at the end when the dog jumps in front of an arrow for you" another podcaster then say's "but the dog sounds too fundamental to the gameplay for it to die". Vinny then say's "Maybe that's a sacrifice you have to make"
Vinny= Genius?

#2 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -
@Pie said:
" On that bombcast (Vinny first by the way) Ryan, Jeff, Vinny and Alex start talking about fable 2 and the dog specifically when Vinny say's "maybe theres a moment at the end when the dog jumps in front of an arrow for you" another podcaster then say's "but the dog sounds too fundamental to the gameplay for it to die". Vinny then say's "Maybe that's a sacrifice you have to make" Vinny= Genius?  "
that, or (as much as i loved fable 2) the dog death was incredibly cliched?
#3 Posted by JacobBrodersen (316 posts) -

Genius... Nah... Played loads of games, recognizing that when something is talked about a lot before release they properly have some important role :P 

But that's still a nice call. Btw, what's your reason to go back and listen to old old bombcasts? I'm not judging, I'm just interested :) 

#4 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

Genius? I am going to agree with you Pie, even if that example is not the only reason why I think so.

#5 Posted by FlamingHobo (4479 posts) -

Nah, lucky guess and could've been easily speculated.

#6 Posted by Pie (7055 posts) -
@Rhaknar: @JacobBrodersen: @RHCPfan24: @FlamingHobo: 
I know it could of easily been speculated BUT someone needs to relay this important info to you all

Also at Jacob, I didnt actually listen to the old ones *runs for cover* also it's fun listening to them specualte about games that are out now and seeing how right they are
#7 Posted by Brunchies (2484 posts) -

Since the dog was your companion it was probably easily speculated that the dog would die at the end. 

#8 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -
@Pie said:
" @Rhaknar: @JacobBrodersen: @RHCPfan24: @FlamingHobo:  I know it could of easily been speculated BUT someone needs to relay this important info to you all  Also at Jacob, I didnt actually listen to the old ones *runs for cover* also it's fun listening to them specualte about games that are out now and seeing how right they are "
i do, whats the shame? :P
#9 Posted by Gamer_152 (14051 posts) -

The true answer: Vinny was the dog.

#10 Posted by ajamafalous (11851 posts) -
@Gamer_152 said:
"

The true answer: Vinny was the dog.

"
Mind = blown.
#11 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

I guess me among hundreds of other people called the Trico pet will die at some point in the game since the very first trailer was leaked/shown then (if it doesn't I guess this post will haunt me :-P).

#12 Posted by JacobBrodersen (316 posts) -
@Pie:  I sometimes go back and listen to old bombcasts it's tuesday or wednesday and i got a long busride or something, but i always go back and listen to the silly ones, like the E3 ones, or the Snakecast because of how excited they were!
#13 Posted by AgentofChaos (1565 posts) -
@Pie: jw pie how did you know the exact bombcast?
#14 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

his predictions about Fable 3 were genius too.

#15 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5380 posts) -

He was also right about the Jack the RIpper game. They were like "nooooooo" but he was like "yes demons" and he was right!

#16 Posted by lilarchie232 (728 posts) -

Ohh Jesus, I wonder if he's right about Peter Molyneux's balls.

#17 Posted by Dirty_Harry (717 posts) -

Vinny say's the world will end in 3 day's.

#18 Posted by Pie (7055 posts) -
@AgentofChaos said:
" @Pie: jw pie how did you know the exact bombcast? "
Im listening to it? On my computer?  Listening?
#19 Posted by mracoon (4954 posts) -

I'm disappointed in you Pie. I can't believe you'd abandon your British roots and right the date the (incorrect) American way. Also I always knew Vinny was an oracle .

#20 Posted by AgentofChaos (1565 posts) -
@Pie: Well, why on earth were you listening to the May 20th Bombcast from 2008?
#21 Posted by Kazona (3059 posts) -

Your dog does not jump in front of an arrow, but a bullet. So HA!

#22 Posted by Kbm600 (446 posts) -

Which one is the "mah balls" one? I want to listen to that one again.

#23 Posted by Pie (7055 posts) -
@mracoon said:
" I'm disappointed in you Pie. I can't believe you'd abandon your British roots and right the date the (incorrect) American way. Also I always knew Vinny was an oracle . "
I hate Americans, its just that thats the way it shows the date on the bombcast page
@AgentofChaos said:
" @Pie: Well, why on earth were you listening to the May 20th Bombcast from 2008? "

Why not?
#24 Posted by Karmum (11517 posts) -
#25 Posted by Pie (7055 posts) -
@Kbm600 said:
" Which one is the "mah balls" one? I want to listen to that one again. "
I dont know, its all a blur to me...
#26 Posted by MrSnow (1213 posts) -

Well spoted

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.