Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fable III

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 26, 2010

The third game in the Fable series sets you with the task of overthrowing your own brother, the tyrant ruler of Albion, as the kingdom enters the industrial era.

Anybody else having issues activating it on steam?

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Sackmanjones

So I bought this during the sale last night and after it was finished downloading I had to enter my cd key or they worded it as "activation key". But of course this didn't work and now I have no idea how to activate the game. I sent a message to steam support but I'm just curious if anyone else ran into this issue and if you fixed it. Thanks for the help guys.

Raethen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Raethen

You probably have to activate it through GFWL. I had to do the same thing with SSF4AE a couple of days ago. When you launch the game for the first time and sign into GFWL it will ask you for that key. I've read a few times during this sale that the activation servers have been getting slammed and sending out errors and such. Wait and bit a try again, if you still aren't prompted in game, you may need to contact Microsoft's support.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Doctorchimp

It's a joke man. Steam doesn't actually sell Fable III to people. That would be illegal.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Tennmuerti

@Doctorchimp: Well it wouldn't be illegal but it would sure as shit be a criminal offence.

Jeldh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Jeldh

yep, I have the same problem. When i try to get my key it just says "failed to contact key server". is there anyone who actually have a solution for this?

EDIT: apparently they might have ran out of keys and will send out new ones soon. I wonder if its Valve or Microsoft who fails here?

clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By clstirens

@MrCaptain said:

yep, I have the same problem. When i try to get my key it just says "failed to contact key server". is there anyone who actually have a solution for this?

EDIT: apparently they might have ran out of keys and will send out new ones soon. I wonder if its Valve or Microsoft who fails here?

It's the publisher's duty to give Steam enough keys, although I'm not sure if it's simply the publisher mis-analyzing the number of keys needed, or Steam mis-analyzing and only requesting a certain amount.

Games that do not require a key (that the user inputs) usually do not have this issue at all on steam.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.