Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fable III

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 26, 2010

The third game in the Fable series sets you with the task of overthrowing your own brother, the tyrant ruler of Albion, as the kingdom enters the industrial era.

Fable III Announced For 2010

• 68 results
    jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

Edited By jeff

A bit of concept art for you.
    Microsoft and Lionhead have announced plans to produce a third game in the Fable series. In Fable III, you'll play as the child of the character from Fable II in an adventure that takes place 50 years after the last installment. The rule of Albion appears to be the crux of the game.

It sounds like dramatic moral choices and sacrifice--things that were also key to the previous game--will be turned up in the sequel. Here's a bit of Microsoft's news release with some more detail:

In this new adventure, you will witness tyranny, poverty, and injustice plague your land. You will see a people divided, and you will be compelled to stand up for change. You will also be forced to answer a question: What would you sacrifice to secure the crown of Albion? Will you uphold the values and principles that led to your ascension, or will you be corrupted by the station you've strived to acquire? Will you be a monarch of the people, or bring the entirety of Albion to the brink of collapse?

"We've spent a lot of time at Lionhead thinking about how we can innovate the gameplay and progress the world of the Fable games for its third chapter, and we're confident that players won't second-guess what we have planned for Fable III," said Molyneux, who also serves as creative director of Europe, the Middle East, and Africa for Microsoft Game Studios. "Though I can't give too much away right now, players should expect to have to make much tougher choices with far wider consequences than ever before in Albion—and with many more interactive adventure elements."

In the epic story of Fable III, the journey to rule the throne of Albion begins five decades after the events of the last chapter, and you play as the child of your hero from Fable® II. As you rule your kingdom as king or queen, you will be called upon to make choices and sacrifices that will test your morality and can affect your entire kingdom. Themes of heroism, leadership, and consequence are taken to a grand scale as you fight to unite a divided people.

Fable III is scheduled for release during the holiday season of 2010, which for some reason strikes me as a little soon for another Fable.

In addition to the announcement of Fable III, Microsoft has also announced that Fable II will be going episodic. This will entail breaking the game up into five installments. Players will be able to get the first episode--which covers the young adult portion of the game--for free starting on September 29. At the completion of an episode, players will be given the option to purchase the next installment or, in some regions, the entire game. "Fable II: Game Episodes" will be fully interchangeable with the disc-based version of the game, so if players start a game in the free chapter then end up getting it on disc, everything will carry over. Pricing for the other installments were not released as of this writing. 

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By jeff

Microsoft and Lionhead have announced plans to produce a third game in the Fable series. In Fable III, you'll play as the child of the character from Fable II in an adventure that takes place 50 years after the last installment. The rule of Albion appears to be the crux of the game.

It sounds like dramatic moral choices and sacrifice--things that were also key to the previous game--will be turned up in the sequel. Here's a bit of Microsoft's news release with some more detail:

In this new adventure, you will witness tyranny, poverty, and injustice plague your land. You will see a people divided, and you will be compelled to stand up for change. You will also be forced to answer a question: What would you sacrifice to secure the crown of Albion? Will you uphold the values and principles that led to your ascension, or will you be corrupted by the station you've strived to acquire? Will you be a monarch of the people, or bring the entirety of Albion to the brink of collapse?

"We've spent a lot of time at Lionhead thinking about how we can innovate the gameplay and progress the world of the Fable games for its third chapter, and we're confident that players won't second-guess what we have planned for Fable III," said Molyneux, who also serves as creative director of Europe, the Middle East, and Africa for Microsoft Game Studios. "Though I can't give too much away right now, players should expect to have to make much tougher choices with far wider consequences than ever before in Albion—and with many more interactive adventure elements."

In the epic story of Fable III, the journey to rule the throne of Albion begins five decades after the events of the last chapter, and you play as the child of your hero from Fable® II. As you rule your kingdom as king or queen, you will be called upon to make choices and sacrifices that will test your morality and can affect your entire kingdom. Themes of heroism, leadership, and consequence are taken to a grand scale as you fight to unite a divided people.

Fable III is scheduled for release during the holiday season of 2010, which for some reason strikes me as a little soon for another Fable.

In addition to the announcement of Fable III, Microsoft has also announced that Fable II will be going episodic. This will entail breaking the game up into five installments. Players will be able to get the first episode--which covers the young adult portion of the game--for free starting on September 29. At the completion of an episode, players will be given the option to purchase the next installment or, in some regions, the entire game. "Fable II: Game Episodes" will be fully interchangeable with the disc-based version of the game, so if players start a game in the free chapter then end up getting it on disc, everything will carry over. Pricing for the other installments were not released as of this writing. 

Crono11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Crono11

I just really hope that they improve the combat so that it's at least enjoyable.
    Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By Bruce

I liked Fable 2, but it was a bit under-developed in spots.
    Eelcire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Eelcire

Enjoyed both Fable games so far, and the concept for this game sounds pretty good. Looking forward to hearing more!

Reuben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Reuben

It does feel a bit soon, Though I love me some Fable soo It's all good.

ChrisTaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By ChrisTaran

Really looking forward to this.  Big fan of Fable 1 and 2.

Bunnyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Bunnyman

Never played a Fable game, but I'm glad not every longlived franchise is a shooter or a driving game. 

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By TheHBK

Really cool.  I never got Fable 2 but definitely thought about it.  This episodic fable will be great and with the first Chapter free, definitely gonna try it out. 
    Fable III?  Sorry Vinny, looks like you are going back to Albion sooner than you wanted eh?

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Cerza

There is a lot that needs fixing in Fable for me get on board for a third round. Fable 2 sucked something awful.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By hatking

I'm surprisingly underwhelmed by this news.  I guess I just didn't enjoy Fable II as much as I had thought I would.  Don't get me wrong it is a good game, but well there was just too much stuff that bothered me.
    astonish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By astonish

This sounds like a god game you play from the ground. I like that idea. I'm a fan of the fable series, but I always fit properly in the shoes of other RPGs it was trying to be like.  The best parts of it were being in the towns, interacting with citizens, not questing around or trudging through dungeons. Very excited to see where this goes.

vilhelmnielsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By vilhelmnielsen

Huge fan of Fable II, so I'm definately looking forward to this.

walreese55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By walreese55

This game sounds really short. Maybe it's just me, but I can't really see this game being more 8-10 hours. Meh, there are a lot of other great games coming out in 2010 that I would pay 60 bucks for.

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By asurastrike
    @brainboy77 said:
    " This game sounds really short. Maybe it's just me, but I can't really see this game being more 8-10 hours. Meh, there are a lot of other great games coming out in 2010 that I would pay 60 bucks for. "
    The main quests in both Fable games have been about that long.
    tactis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By tactis

huh.. well I wasnt expecting that you know if all these exclusives come out for the 360 starting with Alan Wake(PC version is delayed indefintely so i think this makes it a true exclusive), and then if Gears of War 3 comes out in 2010 with Fable 3 and Halo: Reach that could be an amazing line-up for fall 2010.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5aeccee38cdf9
    deactivated-5aeccee38cdf9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome, I love me some Fable, and I hope they work out the janky menu system and bugs in Fable 2.
    Edit: And Co-op was really underwhelming in 2, I hope they fix it, granite it fits well with the new game.

momentarylogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#17  Edited By momentarylogic

....lowered expectations....

SonicFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SonicFire

Let's hope this game has an actual story that wouldn't fit - in it's entirety - on the back of the game case. From that standpoint, Fable II is probably the most overrated game of this generation. Seriously, if Lionhead wants me to feel connected to the world, maybe it should let me do more than fart and flex my way to popularity in the third installment.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#19  Edited By spankingaddict

cool, my guess is that it will end up getting pushed back to 2011.....

blair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By blair

I'm not as much looking forward to the game itself as I am the years worth of podcasts the boys will talk about it on.

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ververdan0226

So does Lionhead have a whole other announcement as well or was that just it? What was the significance of the revolutionaries thing??

ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 64

#22  Edited By ahoodedfigure

I think the part of my brain that believes what Peter Molyneux is saying, even if it's true.  Anyone want to help parse his promises, or is it too early to tell?

onyxghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By onyxghost

They can stop making Fable games anytime they want and try something else, in fact that's for the best. Let Fable die. Twice Lionhead studios explained how revolutionary Fable would be, and twice the game came totally average at best. I have tougher moral choices at the gas station. Hey, how about some more NPCs you don't give a shit about or a co-op play mode that it is beyond broken. The only positive thing I can really credit to Fable is both times the music and art were done well, but pretty pictures and good sounds don't make a good gameplay experience.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By RHCPfan24

A new game is a good thing for me, but that "Fable II Episodes" thing doesn't sound really cool honestly. The game is cheap in the first place now, why not just get that? Maybe I am missing the point?

Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25  Edited By Death_Burnout

Aha! as expected, 2010 is soon, however. 

But part of me knows the reason why. I guess this means no more fable II...i sure hope they get Fable III right, so many things could be improved.

The episodic thing is a little weird though...

Brad better hurry the fuck up and play II...unless he already has, but knowing Brad, nope.

rinkalicous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By rinkalicous

I really hope they get away from the whole 'Good Choice/Bad Choice' thing. I love the idea of choices and morality in games, but I HATE the 'slider' approach, were one choice will obviously net you points for evil, progressing your slider in that direction, and the other choice will progress your slider in the other direction. I'd rather they ditched the whole thing where everything is either one or the other, with no in-between. In fact, I want more than that, I don't want there to be any indication whatsoever of whether I'm 'evil' or not. That's not to say I don't want to be able to do 'Evil' things, it's just I don't want it laid out in such a black or white way. 

I want the natural consequences of my actions to show how 'evil' or 'good' I am, not a slider that goes one way or the other. For example, say a young woman is living with her mother. The Young woman really hates living there, as she feels oppressed and like she never gets to have a good time. However, the mothers life is practically empty apart from her relationship with her daughter, and it's hinted she couldn't go on without her daughter. It's up to you to decide whether to help the girl escape or not. Which one is the evil choice? Neither. If you choose to help the girl and the mother dies of depression, then so be it. That's not 'evil', you helped a young woman free herself and perhaps make something of her life. If you choose to not help the girl and she remains living with her mother, then that's just how things turn out. It's not a good choice. It's not an evil choice. It's neither. It's just a choice. Perhaps it turns out the girl is in a gang, and by releasing her you unleash a wave of crime upon the city. Even if you knew this would happen beforehand, this choice shouldn't be labelled as 'evil', it's simply an outcome as a result of your actions. 

I didn't mean to write quite so much on the matter, but it's something I feel strongly about. I hope I managed to get my point across properly. Anyone have any thoughts?

A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By A Likely Story

Ugh, I hope there's some major overhauls to Fable, otherwise I'll just pass like I did for Fable II. The original was OK at best, and the second didn't do enough to get me to play it. I'm mainly just sick of bad attempts at choice systems in games, and no matter how much Lionhead wants that to be the game's selling point, Fable's choice and morale system is totally lame.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By zombie2011

Yes i would love some more Fable.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#29  Edited By ArbitraryWater

2010? Already? That was fast. 

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Azteck

Was to be expected, to be honest.

Looking forward to more news, hopefully they fix a few things from the first one.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#31  Edited By AgentJ

Seems kind of soon, but I'm sure Fable fans are happy. 

MeatSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#32  Edited By MeatSim

Peter is going overhype this game like crazy as usual I think, but Fable 2 was still a good game so I will buy Fable 3 almost for sure.

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Bigandtasty

Maybe this would be better off as a 2011 game.

Sorax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Sorax

Fable II was my favorite game of 2008. Actually being the King of Albion is exactly what I wanted from Fable III. And I'm really hoping they explain what happened to Rose.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#35  Edited By armaan8014

what about Fable 2 for PC!!?

Zabant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Zabant

why the hate on fable in here?

sure they never lived up to peters bullshit but the bottom line is

Both fable 1&2 were great games.

mac512k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By mac512k

I hope they work on the online co-op. At least have camera control or a better camera 

ribeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#38  Edited By ribeye

LOVED the first fable but i was kinda disappointed with fable 2, the money came way too easily, after a few hours of playing you didn't have to work for anything anymore, that took the fun right out of it for me, i still haven't finished it ....

that and the total lack of armor, wth was that about?

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By JoelTGM

another one... meh, the first one was great but very short, the second one I didn't bother finishing, but I know it was very short as well because I my friend beat it from start to finish while I was playing unreal tournament in the same room. 

DannyJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DannyJ

Oh boy, Letdown 3's coming out

basse21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By basse21

In this game i hope the choices you make actually matter. The apparent massive choice at the end of fable 2 where if you picked a bad one people would hate you was bullshit. I picked the choice of the fog and was expecting things to be thrown at me in the streets and and angey families to track me down with torches and pitchforks because that was how it was described by peter but not a singal person made any acknowledgement to what happened.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#42  Edited By LordAndrew

Already?

Det1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Det1

you'll play as the child of the character from Fable II

which one?

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#44  Edited By Cube

So stoked for this. So, so, so stoked.

I love Fable.

Avatar image for deactivated-58b35aff00bcb
    deactivated-58b35aff00bcb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked Fable 2, so Fable 3 is great news.

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#46  Edited By dethfish

I liked Fable 2 a lot. I'll probably play Fable 3. I hope they fix the menu stuff.  

And Fable 2 in episodes? That's weird, I don't really get the point of that.

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#47  Edited By giyanks22

I'm pretty excited...only problem is that...2010 is now really...really overcrowded with games. My guess is Peter Moleneux will be smart and push the game back to 2011, so it can be a little more polished, something Fable II was lacking.

lamegame621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By lamegame621

Yeah, I don't think this is coming until 2011

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Otacon

The ruling idea could be really fun if it's explored and deep enough. I'm excited.

joelalfaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By joelalfaro

I must say, Lionhead, as usual, is doing interesting things.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.