Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fable III

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 26, 2010

The third game in the Fable series sets you with the task of overthrowing your own brother, the tyrant ruler of Albion, as the kingdom enters the industrial era.

I simply do not understand Brads menu complaints.

• 55 results
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By CL60

I posted this on the QL itself, but I may as well post it here too, because frankly. I do not understand Brads constant complaints in that QL about how "inefficient" the menu system is.  

In Fable 2 opening the menu, and clicking on the map took longer than it takes for you to press start and walk up to the map in Fable 3 simple as that. Brad complained about the menus so much in the QL, when in reality, they are exactly the same as the regular menus. The only difference being you walk around in them, and as I just said, it's faster than the Fable 2 menu. 

So if you will, please tell me what the difference between navigating a menu, or walking up to the things you want is. Because Brad never explained it, and to me it seems exactly the same as every other menu, just a different way of doing it. 

So as I said. Please tell me why a bunch of you are whining now(Mostly on the QL video itself)saying "the menu is so inefficient!!!" Is it because Brad says it is? Because as I've said twice(?) now, it's actually faster than the other menus of Fable games, perhaps even faster than games such as fallout for getting your quests, and fast travelling, so I don't see how that is inefficient, and I would love somebody to explain to me how it is.

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Vorbis

How do you check your items?

I think that's his biggest issue.

OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By OneManX

The way it sounded was that is was a huge hassle, but when I saw how fast everything loads and that the sanctuary stuff is almost instant, I didn't see the complaints. 

But is there no real way to check your inventory? That just seems messed up.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Brendan

It seems like accessing certain things (such as basic game options) or looking at quests or the map are his chief complaints.  I haven't played the game or anything, but I did see on the screen the fact that you can't see certain things (health, potions, money, etc.) at any point, and that annoyed him. 
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CL60
    @OneManX said:
    " The way it sounded was that is was a huge hassle, but when I saw how fast everything loads and that the sanctuary stuff is almost instant, I didn't see the complaints.  But is there no real way to check your inventory? That just seems messed up. "
    @Vorbis said:
    " How do you check your items?  I think that's his biggest issue. "
    You can check your inventory by going to the guy you sell stuff to. But I don't see how that could really be a problem. It shows your items when you enter combat, and you don't need them out of combat since the game regenerates health and everything.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CL60
    @Brendan said:

" It seems like accessing certain things (such as basic game options) or looking at quests or the map are his chief complaints.  I haven't played the game or anything, but I did see on the screen the fact that you can't see certain things (health, potions, money, etc.) at any point, and that annoyed him.  "

But that's what I'm saying. They don't look like a hassle at all. It actually looks much, much quicker than it was in previous Fables, and quicker than some other games.
    Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Brendan
    @CL60 said:
    "@Brendan said:

" It seems like accessing certain things (such as basic game options) or looking at quests or the map are his chief complaints.  I haven't played the game or anything, but I did see on the screen the fact that you can't see certain things (health, potions, money, etc.) at any point, and that annoyed him.  "

But that's what I'm saying. They don't look like a hassle at all. It actually looks much, much quicker than it was in previous Fables, and quicker than some other games. "

Yeah, wouldn't know man, I don't have any actual experience with it.
    owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By owl_of_minerva

I thought he explained it all pretty well in his review. Fable 2's menu system lagged horribly and was shit, this sounds like another slightly less shitty but still not great system.

Honestly, a well-designed and responsive menu is infinitely more convenient than walking around a manse every time one has to equip. This is why we have menus!

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By huntad

I noticed it too. It's just personal preference.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Animasta

dude, that menu system looked annoying as hell.

Malakhii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Malakhii

Honestly, I think the reason is that it's different and people have never seen it before so they instinctual react negatively to it. I don't think I've ever seen menu's pulled off like this before. If you think about it we waste just about as much time scrolling through words, instead of having everything nicely visualized. I still think the game could use a Mini map though...........

Avatar image for deactivated-5d8bd173e1e3b
    deactivated-5d8bd173e1e3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Its a weird system at first but once I got adjusted I like it a lot more. I do how ever agree, I would like to at least have an inventory system, more so for gems, gifts etc. I love the sanctuary for appearance and weapons etc.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CL60
    @Laketown said:

" dude, that menu system looked annoying as hell. "

How did it? It loaded instantly, and the only difference was you had to walk a few steps. You do the same motions, except instead of moving a cursor and highlight words, you move a character..
    Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Afroman269
    @CL60 said:
    " @Laketown said:

" dude, that menu system looked annoying as hell. "

How did it? It loaded instantly, and the only difference was you had to walk a few steps. You do the same motions, except instead of moving a cursor and highlight words, you move a character.. "
    Still doesn't beat just having an actual menu. The menu should have just been streamlined better instead of being completely ditched. I don't really mind the whole thing myself, but I still would prefer a menu. Also simply putting the damn game options menu to the back button or something should have been common sense.
    Zithe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Zithe

I think the biggest turn off for me was the quest tracking thing. In order to change the active quest, so the "bread crumbs" would lead you to the right objective, you have to go to the sanctuary, walk over to the map, load that, then bring up the quest list, find the right quest, and then make it active. This could definitely be simpler.

OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By OneManX
    @Zithe said:
    " I think the biggest turn off for me was the quest tracking thing. In order to change the active quest, so the "bread crumbs" would lead you to the right objective, you have to go to the sanctuary, walk over to the map, load that, then bring up the quest list, find the right quest, and then make it active. This could definitely be simpler. "
    It basically was the same thing in fable 2, hit start, hit quest, pick quest, hit fast travel, load, then your back in game. 

Fable 3's system doesn't seem anymore faster or slower, seems like it takes the same amount of time. 
    yoctoyotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By yoctoyotta
    @CL60 said:
    " @OneManX said:
    " The way it sounded was that is was a huge hassle, but when I saw how fast everything loads and that the sanctuary stuff is almost instant, I didn't see the complaints.  But is there no real way to check your inventory? That just seems messed up. "
    @Vorbis said:
    " How do you check your items?  I think that's his biggest issue. "
    You can check your inventory by going to the guy you sell stuff to. But I don't see how that could really be a problem. It shows your items when you enter combat, and you don't need them out of combat since the game regenerates health and everything. "
    My guess would be--as someone who hasn't played Fable 3 yet--is that the people complaining about the lack of inventory information outside of combat prevents them from preparing for future combat in the unfortunate event that the weren't paying attention to their inventory during their last combat event. I don't know if that's a legit issue or not, but that seems to be the actual complaint being posed.
    NickLott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By NickLott

The thing about the menu in Fable III is that once you pop in the Sanctuary, all of the rooms are assigned to the d-pad so you really don't need to do that much walking around. As, for the map, just step forward and there it is. I really didn't have a problem with the menu system (so far) and I do feel it's more comfortable that Fable II.

But I do agree that the map should be shortcutted to the Back button. Such as when Jasper calls you can you can hit the compass icon on the d-pad and go straight to the map, that should be the Back button all the time. 

Popogeejo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Popogeejo

Speed != efficiency and you seem to be ignoring one major factor: Brad said it was a minor complaint that he was able to deal with. 

Quit gettin' mad over video games, G.

Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Rockdalf
    @nicklott said:
    " The thing about the menu in Fable III is that once you pop in the Sanctuary, all of the rooms are assigned to the d-pad so you really don't need to do that much walking around. As, for the map, just step forward and there it is. I really didn't have a problem with the menu system (so far) and I do feel it's more comfortable that Fable II. But I do agree that the map should be shortcutted to the Back button. Such as when Jasper calls you can you can hit the compass icon on the d-pad and go straight to the map, that should be the Back button all the time.  "
    Also agreed, if the back button is sitting there doing nothing, why can't it shoot me to the map instantly?
    Avatar image for deactivated-630b11c195a3b
    deactivated-630b11c195a3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't a lot of it seemed unnecessary.

Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By Deusoma
    @CL60: 
    I'm with you, Brad made way too big a deal over it in the review, when the Sanctuary really is just an interactive menu.
    jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By jasta

When I heard the complaints it did sound pretty awkward, but when I watched the quicklook it all flowed so seamlessly, I would need to play it to decide whether or not it has a lasting effect or gets tedious the more you play of the game.

Not being able to check your items sounds pretty annoying.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By wolf_blitzer85
    @Deusoma said:
    " @CL60:  I'm with you, Brad made way too big a deal over it in the review, when the Sanctuary really is just an interactive menu. "
    Yeah I was thinking like it was a guild type thing or something similar to how Fable 1 which game the appearance as a step back for me. Especially when I was expecting some awesome retooling of the menu system after Fable 2's clusterfucked menus.

After watching the quicklook, the menu system looks really easy to use, and much more streamlined than what Fable 2 accomplished. 

I barely looking at the map while playing through Fable 2 so the inability to pull up a map seems really inconsequential to me, as the bread crumbs do a decent job of showing you where to go, even while going off the beaten path to explore.
    IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By IBurningStar
    @Jasta said:
    "

When I heard the complaints it did sound pretty awkward, but when I watched the quicklook it all flowed so seamlessly, I would need to play it to decide whether or not it has a lasting effect or gets tedious the more you play of the game.

"
    A lot of the menu complaints are things that become annoying over time. None of them are game breaking, just poorly planned out. As it stands now, the menu system is no faster than Fable 2's. That is a bad thing. Honestly, I believe a faster loading and easier to use form of Fable 2's inventory system would have been the way to go.
    ptys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#26  Edited By ptys

My initial thought was that it's all for Kinect, which is more or a selling point to me personally.

lucas_kelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By lucas_kelly
    @IBurningStar said:
    " @Jasta said:
    "

"
    A lot of the menu complaints are things that become annoying over time. None of them are game breaking, just poorly planned out. As it stands now, the menu system is no faster than Fable 2's. That is a bad thing. Honestly, I believe a faster loading and easier to use form of Fable 2's inventory system would have been the way to go. "
    Actually, it's a lot faster.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By xyzygy
    @IBurningStar said:
    " @Jasta said:
    "

"
    A lot of the menu complaints are things that become annoying over time. None of them are game breaking, just poorly planned out. As it stands now, the menu system is no faster than Fable 2's. That is a bad thing. Honestly, I believe a faster loading and easier to use form of Fable 2's inventory system would have been the way to go. "
    Saying what you said makes me think you never played Fable 2 and you didn't watch the QL. There is an obvious difference in speed. The Fable 2 menu was so laggy and took way too long to load things. This looks almost seamless.
    Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Raymayne
    @CL60 said:

" I posted this on the QL itself, but I may as well post it here too, because frankly. I do not understand Brads constant complaints in that QL about how "inefficient" the menu system is.    In Fable 2 opening the menu, and clicking on the map took longer than it takes for you to press start and walk up to the map in Fable 3 simple as that. Brad complained about the menus so much in the QL, when in reality, they are exactly the same as the regular menus. The only difference being you walk around in them, and as I just said, it's faster than the Fable 2 menu.  So if you will, please tell me what the difference between navigating a menu, or walking up to the things you want is. Because Brad never explained it, and to me it seems exactly the same as every other menu, just a different way of doing it.  So as I said. Please tell me why a bunch of you are whining now(Mostly on the QL video itself)saying "the menu is so inefficient!!!" Is it because Brad says it is? Because as I've said twice(?) now, it's actually faster than the other menus of Fable games, perhaps even faster than games such as fallout for getting your quests, and fast travelling, so I don't see how that is inefficient, and I would love somebody to explain to me how it is. "

Very much agreed! Like very very very much. I was honestly close to seething at some points in that QL where he's like "To get to the map you have to pause, walk up to the map, and press Y" like it's some ridiculously huge task...it took all of 5 seconds to do that, about the same time it takes for me to open my pip-boy, scroll to the data tab, then scroll to the world map tab in New Vegas for comparison's sake. 

I mean seriously...After reading his review it sounded like the sanctuary was really inaccessible and that I'd hate having to change equipment and stuff, I was astonished in the QL to see how streamlined and simple it is, and how very quickly it all loads, letting you change items out much more quickly than Fable 2. I think the only clear improvement would be assigning the map to the back button, but that would just go against the whole idea of the sanctuary, which I don't think I would like so it's perfectly fine as it is, plus I never used the map in Fable 2 really, it's not like a Fallout or an Oblivion where you need to be checking it every 5 seconds, and the breadcrumbs do a fine job of getting you around 9 times out of 10. I love how minimal the HUD is and the way you don't constantly have a life bar and tons of potion counters on screen, any of the info you need pops up when you need it, like when you go into combat, it's a really good system. I'm just utterly perplexed by Brad's complaints tbh....
    FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By FritzDude

I think it was a mistake to let Brad review this game.

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By matt

I'm ok with the new menu system but not being able to check your inventory seems like a very odd choice.

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
    BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BulletproofMonk

Yeah I feel like Brad over-exaggerated it a little bit. Though, a menu would still be better.

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By IBurningStar
    @xyzygy:  I played through all of Fable 2 and I watched a friend play Fable 3 for about two hours. And you know what, you are right about one thing. The system in 3 is faster than 2. I popped the game again to refresh my memory and was surprised to see that it was much slower than I remembered. That doesn't mean that 3's setup is optimal, though. However, someone has pointed out that they could probably improve things with a patch. Which is what they should do.
    cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By cookiemonster

I agree with you. I suppose its just Brad being Brad.

Yzzerdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Yzzerdd

Was Brad right about not being able to look up potions in the menu or was I misunderstanding his complaint?

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By CL60
    @CookieMonster said:
    " I agree with you. I suppose its just Brad being Brad. "
    Yeah, I don't think they should have gotten Brad to review it to be completely honest with you.
    Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Bones8677

I kinda like the idea of the menu system in Fable 3, but it still has major problems, for one thing is that it ruins the flow of the game. You're in the middle of a dungeon fighting enemies and every time you want to check anything, the entire game grinds to a halt as you walk around this hub with a butler talking to you. The entire game stops, more so than with a menu system. Also it really begs the question if all of this is even necessary. Was Lionhead really THAT incompetent at creating a menu system that they had to throw it out all together? 

MaddProdigy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By MaddProdigy
    @CL60:  I haven't bought the game yet. But so far, it's your word, some random duder on the internet, against Brads, a professional game reviewer. So uh..it sure seems pretty childish to say "Is it because Brad says it? Because I say otherwise, and I'm right, and Brad isn't, that's just a fact and my opinion is better than his because I say so." 

Plus you say it "looks easier", have you even played the game yet? Not to sound too dick-ish but if you haven't, GTFO honestly, talking shit about others opinions when you haven't even experienced it for yourself.
    nobull6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#39  Edited By nobull6
    @CL60: This has been quite the adjustment to me. As I was playing I was curious if I had enough health potions to enter a battle and couldn't figure out how to find out. At another point I was curious how much money I had to figure out if I could buy that next property, but had to wait until more rent came in to catch the total update in the corner. 

I guess the game presents the information when you absolutely NEED it, but I guess I want to know at other times, too. I can appreciate the game trying something new, but it is a disconcerting coming from other games that give me more options with how to interact with inventory.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By CL60
    @MaddProdigy said:

" @CL60:  I haven't bought the game yet. But so far, it's your word, some random duder on the internet, against Brads, a professional game reviewer. So uh..it sure seems pretty childish to say "Is it because Brad says it? Because I say otherwise, and I'm right, and Brad isn't, that's just a fact and my opinion is better than his because I say so."   Plus you say it "looks easier", have you even played the game yet? Not to sound too dick-ish but if you haven't, GTFO honestly, talking shit about others opinions when you haven't even experienced it for yourself. "

Really? Have you even watched the QL? It is much faster then the menus in Fallout games, and previous Fable games. Also what you're saying is why I dislike this community at times. People like you who think the staffs word on everything is automatically the correct one, and yell at people who question them.  

Fact remains. This menu is better than a lot of other game menus, and is faster than other game menus. The only difference being you walk instead of highlight words. You don't even actually have to walk that much, you can press the d-pad if you want and it teleports you. 

@nobull6 said:
    " @CL60: This has been quite the adjustment to me. As I was playing I was curious if I had enough health potions to enter a battle and couldn't figure out how to find out. At another point I was curious how much money I had to figure out if I could buy that next property, but had to wait until more rent came in to catch the total update in the corner.  I guess the game presents the information when you absolutely NEED it, but I guess I want to know at other times, too. I can appreciate the game trying something new, but it is a disconcerting coming from other games that give me more options with how to interact with inventory. "
    You can check your money by going to your money room I believe.
    septim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41  Edited By septim
    @OneManX said:
    Yeah the speed is the only thing that saves that design choice.

Even though it's integrated fairly well, the inventory and map stuff is still too clunky. People didn't like the menus in Fable 2, so they made it even more obtuse.
    project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#42  Edited By project343

I love the menu system in the game. Only Bethesda knows how to design a better system for consoles. And there's something incredibly rewarding about walking into a room filled with weapons and magic gloves that you've collected--a traditional menu system would become more overwhelming with time.

MaddProdigy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By MaddProdigy
    @CL60:  Hahaha dude. Of course I've watched the Quick Look, and the system looks slow and unnecessary. Run up to the map, click A, then click quest log, just to see one quest? Going to the menu, D-Padding to the gold room, running to my pile of gold just to check how much gold I have? Why can't that just be on a main menu screen, right under health potions, which is right under a big button labeled "Press for Quest Log". Sounds crazy to me.

You are of course, as with all people on the internet, free to have your own opinion. But the fact remains bro. You haven't even played the game! Hahaha duder...pardon me, but what a joke. I don't think the staffs word on everything is the correct one, I think the opinion of a professional video game reviewer, who has actually PLAYED THE GAME (you, ya know, haven't) holds far more weight than some random dude talking shit in a forum. You wanna throw around terms like "whiners" and "people who take the staffs word on everything" when I am neither a whiner, nor one of those people? Well you sound like a whiny  fanboy who saw a 3/5 review and immediately leaped to a valiant defense of your game, using arguments like "You're all wrong because you just want to agree with Brad", like the Giantbomb community has never heard that before.

Are you just a crazy Fable fanboy? I mean no offense man, cause I am too, I love Fable to death. And I think Fable 3 as a game looks great...except for the menu. You should just re word your posts so that you don't make it sound like what you're saying is fact, when really, what you're saying is totally you're opinion. You should make a poll and be like "What does the community think about the Fable Menus". Just a suggestion :P
    alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#44  Edited By alistercat

Even if some people have issues with this (I don't see it being a problem personally) I really think it's cool that they decided to try something really different and unique (yes I know there is a thread about how it's not original, but it is for modern games).

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ProfessorEss

I can't say much cause I probably won't getting around to playing it for some time but I think it looks fun.
    Efficiency doesn't bother me near as much as lack of clarity and the menu system looks like it's got clarity down pretty solidly.

...the Quicklook also prompted me to give Fable 2 another whirl.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By CL60
    @MaddProdigy said:

" @CL60:  Hahaha dude. Of course I've watched the Quick Look, and the system looks slow and unnecessary. Run up to the map, click A, then click quest log, just to see one quest? Going to the menu, D-Padding to the gold room, running to my pile of gold just to check how much gold I have? Why can't that just be on a main menu screen, right under health potions, which is right under a big button labeled "Press for Quest Log". Sounds crazy to me. You are of course, as with all people on the internet, free to have your own opinion. But the fact remains bro. You haven't even played the game! Hahaha duder...pardon me, but what a joke. I don't think the staffs word on everything is the correct one, I think the opinion of a professional video game reviewer, who has actually PLAYED THE GAME (you, ya know, haven't) holds far more weight than some random dude talking shit in a forum. You wanna throw around terms like "whiners" and "people who take the staffs word on everything" when I am neither a whiner, nor one of those people? Well you sound like a whiny  fanboy who saw a 3/5 review and immediately leaped to a valiant defense of your game, using arguments like "You're all wrong because you just want to agree with Brad", like the Giantbomb community has never heard that before. Are you just a crazy Fable fanboy? I mean no offense man, cause I am too, I love Fable to death. And I think Fable 3 as a game looks great...except for the menu. You should just re word your posts so that you don't make it sound like what you're saying is fact, when really, what you're saying is totally you're opinion. You should make a poll and be like "What does the community think about the Fable Menus". Just a suggestion :P "

Please do tell how it looks slow when it's faster than the menu in Fable 1, and Fable 2. It's also faster than other RPGs such as Fallout 3, and Fallout: New Vegas. Fact still remains, this is not an issue, it's the exact same as any other menu, just a different way of doing it and shouldn't be complained about. Heres something else you should tell me. How is pressing pause walking 2 feet and hitting A any slower then pressing start, and scrolling down to map/quests then hitting A? Because it isn't any different, it isn't any slower, it's just different from what you're used to, and doesn't warrant complaining about it. I have completely valid arguments, you just choose to ignore them. 

The menu is not an issue, and it should have never been brought up as one. Simple as that. Yes I could see not being able to see your potions and stuff annoying, but it wouldn't have been annoying if they put that in the sanctuary, because it is literally the exact same as any other pause menu. Just a different way of doing it.
    nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By nail1080

Assassins Creed 2 anyone? Selecting weapons required you to go all the way back to your house...it was kind of annoying but I didn't see most of the reviews for that game complaining about it. Brad was complaining when there's nothing there to complain about. But then again that's his opinion, and it's his review, so get over it!

ethan_raiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#48  Edited By ethan_raiden

It's a pretty inefficient menu to be honest, when you get over the novelty, doing anything at all is a real hassle, scrolling through clothes, finding out how much gold you have, renting and repairing properties is absurd and I need to pause, run to a map, and open a quest log to see what's available. Simply making a better menu system from Fable 2 would have been better.

FATH3AD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#49  Edited By FATH3AD

I agree with all back button complaints. While the Sanctuary doesn't bother me for the most part, the back button isn't mapped to anything! I thought it would have been a no brainer to map a tiny pause menu for it or something. It's a bit silly having to go to your sanctuary to change your gamma settings.

empfeix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By empfeix
    @nail1080 said:
    " Assassins Creed 2 anyone? Selecting weapons required you to go all the way back to your house...it was kind of annoying but I didn't see most of the reviews for that game complaining about it. Brad was complaining when there's nothing there to complain about. But then again that's his opinion, and it's his review, so get over it! "
    good point sir

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.