Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fable III

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 26, 2010

The third game in the Fable series sets you with the task of overthrowing your own brother, the tyrant ruler of Albion, as the kingdom enters the industrial era.

I simply do not understand Brads menu complaints.

• 55 results
    Lautaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By Lautaro

I can't wait for this game to arrive at my house, so curious to try out this "controversial" menu for myself.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By TwoLines

It's insane that you have to go to a room in your mind to equip a goddamn sword.
    And to check your money you go to the money room?
    What happened to mapping one button to the inventory, where you can equip things and check your items/money instantly?
    Instantly! You don't have to go to a (something) room- it's all there, in one place! Why didn't they do that?

Just seems very clunky, and slower than it needs to be. Bah.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#53  Edited By Vinny_Says
    @CL60: There will be more games that will try this menu style. Word is bond!

Also I loved the 30 minutes of fable talk on where it was constant nitpicking but then they say " I still love it..." and don't ever tell you why they still like the game. At every bullet point Jeff has a complaint, and a  lot of people will take his word and miss out on a great game. That's kinda sad....
    Boogey131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By Boogey131

When reviewing a game you kinda have to let the game speak for its own, comparing how the menu works in comparison to the flawed Fable II system doesn't matter, it's still a niggling inconvenience. One that wouldn't matter so much if the breadcrumbs etc weren't so broken, cant say how many times the breadrcrumb would just stop dead in its tracks and leave me wondering how to get to my quest. You rely on the map so much in this game to travel and it's a pain in the ass to know that there's a back button on the controller that could have been used for any number of things, that just lies dormant. I'm all for streamlining, but, this isn't streamlining the menu to provide the best option. it doesn't matter how little you were annoyed by it, the review is Brads experience and he was annoyed by the experience of having to physically run up to every magic armband or weapon in order to make a change. 

It's a minor annoyance that you're forced to use for DOZENS of hours. One of the many issues Fable III has. Truly disappointing game, should have been a 4-5 star, instead it's a 3.5, tops.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#55  Edited By Captain_Insano

Brad gave it 3 stars, but he LIKED the game. He had a few niggling issues with it, which I can agree with. Broken bread crumb trail is my major annoyance, as well as the inability to choose what action I want to perform with villagers. I now only have 'good' or 'evil' options and they rotate. Before I could choose whatever I liked.

However, I too like Fable 3 and think it is really enjoyable. Yet, if I was in Brad's position of reviewing the game, no doubt everyone would be debating the score I gave it and focusing only on the negative points I made.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.