Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fable III

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 26, 2010

The third game in the Fable series sets you with the task of overthrowing your own brother, the tyrant ruler of Albion, as the kingdom enters the industrial era.

Learning digital painting - Fable 3 Fan Art

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

Edited By armaan8014

So I got my first drawing tablet a couple of weeks ago, and since then I've been trying to get a hang of it by practicing.   

I made a couple of drawings following some beginner tutorials, and then, since I just started playing Fable 3 (and am loving it), I thought of ditching tutorials and making an original artwork.
    So, using Fable's art style as an inspiration, I spent 4 days (Im a beginner, so it took me a LONG time) doing this:  ( upload on deviantart)

No Caption Provided

Im pretty happy with the result myself as my earlier .
    I like how the dog turned out, and am surprised that I was able to render a believable landscape (inspired from Fable 3 as well), meaning that I finally am realizing how some of the photoshop tools are to be used. ( I was pretty worried about my abilities earlier)   

Maybe Ill continue to make fan art for games and blog them here.

So, there it is! Just wanted to share it with you guys :P
    armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By armaan8014

So I got my first drawing tablet a couple of weeks ago, and since then I've been trying to get a hang of it by practicing.   

I made a couple of drawings following some beginner tutorials, and then, since I just started playing Fable 3 (and am loving it), I thought of ditching tutorials and making an original artwork.
    So, using Fable's art style as an inspiration, I spent 4 days (Im a beginner, so it took me a LONG time) doing this:  ( upload on deviantart)

No Caption Provided

Im pretty happy with the result myself as my earlier .
    I like how the dog turned out, and am surprised that I was able to render a believable landscape (inspired from Fable 3 as well), meaning that I finally am realizing how some of the photoshop tools are to be used. ( I was pretty worried about my abilities earlier)   

Maybe Ill continue to make fan art for games and blog them here.

So, there it is! Just wanted to share it with you guys :P
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I like your new coloring style. Thanks for sharing. 

I'm working on my cartooning style, learning to improve myself, so it's good there are ppl who are willing to make an effort to adress their weaknesses and turn them into strengths. 

Having said that, there are some structural problems with the legs though.

Kjellm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Kjellm87

That is pretty good, love the water.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

That's not bad, nice work duder.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By McGhee

The reflections in the water are really great. The dog's face also stands out to me.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By RobotHamster

Not too bad, keep at it man!!

Amerist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Amerist

That's not bad by half. I've watched enough Fable to have become quite attached to that dogmeat. Indeed, the water is very good (I am suddenly reminded of techniques for generating water reflections tought on channel 8 past midnight by a very happy man with a canvas.) ξ

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By armaan8014
    @HitmanAgent47: Thanks :) The leg part is sort of done purposefully to imitate Fable's art style of weird proportions. Like the forearms, which are bigger than what they should be as well :P

@Gamer_152: @Kjellm87:@RobotHamster
    Thanks! 

@McGhee_the_Insomniac
    Yeah I was pretty surprised that the dog turned out the way it did as I lack practice when it comes to drawing animals. I looked at a screenshot for the dog actually, only it was in a different pose. 

@Amerist
    Thanks. I followed a tutorial online for that water :P
    JCTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By JCTango

Really nicely done, post up some more pictures that you've done - I'll follow ya :D

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HitmanAgent47
    @armaan8014: no I mean his legs looks double jointed and not connected correctly. I myself always draw two lines for the bones and a circle for the knee, then create the thigh and calf in a cylinder shape, then work from there. Basically i'm talking about structure.
    Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Deusx

Great job man! Nice to see you are trying to improve your art. I recommend you to make original illustrations, that way you will learn more about what needs to be done to make a good composition based on your own style.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By armaan8014
    @JCTango: thank you :)  ill keep putting up what i draw from time to time, but then probably not attach it to the forums. I like your avatar btw!  

@HitmanAgent47
    Ah, ok thanks. I'll do try that out while doing my next work. I usually only make a single line for the bones with a circle for the knee.

@Deusx
    Thanks! Yeah now that ive got a little idea of how to go about drawing in photoshop, ill start with my  own imaginative concepts.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.