Fable: The Journey Definitely Isn't On-Rails, Probably Still Features Magic Jazz Hands

• 98 results
#52 Edited by jozzy (2041 posts) -

You know what. I was just playing a little Gears of War 2 and I had to pick if I wanted to go Left (LT) to disable lasers or if I wanted to go right (RT) to be the laser dummy. Gears of War is totally an open world game!!

EDIT: I got my family to sign a white board so you know I am right.

#53 Posted by Soap (3560 posts) -

Games on rails, Molyneux is lying, end of story.

#54 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

Can somebody just kill Molyneux already? 
Like... please?  He's BAD for video games.  He is HURTING the industry.

#55 Posted by JamesKond (232 posts) -
@DJJoeJoe: Well, they could do it like other action games like Assaisin's Creed. With one button/movement you can change from walk to combat 'stance' give you the ability to walk in an action game with kinect.. I suppose.
#56 Posted by HadesTimes (802 posts) -

OK, unless they plan on adding controller support as well, the game is ON RAILS. NOTHING that we have seen would lead ANYONE to believe otherwise. Oh and in the interviews Molyneaux gave he said the entire game was you on the wagon and then you off the wagon fighting. You know, on rails.

#57 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2484 posts) -

Also, Fable: The Rails, the sequel to Fable: The Journey, is also not on rails.

#58 Posted by spartan1017 (222 posts) -
@ashbash159 said:
epic
#59 Posted by risseless (477 posts) -

I quit believing anything Molyneux says somewhere around Fable II. He's an epic bullshitter.

#60 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -
@CaptainFish said:

Even if the horse sections have different paths you can choose, aren't the combat sections completely linear? Even if there are a few places where the paths can split, it still can be considered on rails.

What are you talking about? The House of the Dead had branching rails and thats my favourite open world series ever.
#61 Posted by HerbieBug (4194 posts) -

Fable 1 was supposed to be, like, Morrowind, but with better combat.  D:

I'll never forgive you for that, Molyneux.  Did not buy Fable 2.  Did not buy Fable 3.  Will not buy this. 

#62 Edited by lumberingjackal (226 posts) -

@ashbash159: That's f'ing funny!

Fable 4: You're supposed to aim the Kinect at the tv and dat shitplaysitselfBOOOOOOOOOM!

#63 Posted by spankingaddict (2655 posts) -

Molynuex.... WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!   Nobody fall for his bullshit! He's starting to make really crappy games!

#64 Posted by Sinful (211 posts) -

inb4 Rails...damn too late.

#65 Posted by MeatSim (10737 posts) -

I wonder what Peters definition of on-rails is.

#66 Posted by Pop (2593 posts) -

"My balls aren't on rails " 
-Peter Molyneux

#67 Posted by Cirdain (2996 posts) -
@MysteriousBob said:
@CaptainFish said:

Even if the horse sections have different paths you can choose, aren't the combat sections completely linear? Even if there are a few places where the paths can split, it still can be considered on rails.

What are you talking about? The House of the Dead had branching rails and thats my favourite open world series ever.
@spartan1017 said:
@ashbash159 said:
epic
,Love
#68 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

The navigational parts is WHIPPING A FUCKING HORSE WHO IS MOVING IN A PRE-SET PATH (aka ON RAILS). Sometimes you can choose between one of two ways.

#69 Posted by nnotdead (83 posts) -

great Memento pic. haha i really dislike this guy, and will never take him serious.

#70 Posted by Absolute_Zero (242 posts) -

I want to know who signed that wall. If The Journey really is on rails and those people STILL signed it... that seems pretty sleazy to me.

But maybe they signed it as a joke... hmm...

#71 Posted by Branthog (7340 posts) -

This game is totally not on rails, even though everything we've shown is totally on rails.

Also, could not care less about Fable games. They have been a consistent disappointment. Peter needs to focus on doing something clever and unique, again. I don't care if it's revisiting an old series of his or doing something entirely new. Just do it and stop producing this shit-fest of fart jokes and calculated transparent "they love you and you're the hero!" or "they hate you and you're the villain" attempts at "emotion and variety" games.

#72 Posted by tourgen (4426 posts) -

Dude is lying to himslef and us. Rails confirmed.

#73 Posted by ajamafalous (11809 posts) -
#74 Posted by Chubbaluphigous (571 posts) -

Instead of all this Fable stuff, I wish he would make new crazier Black and White.

#75 Posted by pickassoreborn (520 posts) -

Anyone else notice that Molyneux's handwriting looks like that of a serial killer?

I REST MY CASE.

#76 Posted by Cheesebob (1230 posts) -

ON FAILS MORE LIKE!!!!!

#77 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

@alex:

Oh SHIT! Alex has been hypnotized and possessed by Molyneux's dark powers. Is there an exorcist in the house?

#78 Posted by Scrumdidlyumptious (1639 posts) -

Not being on rails is not that big of an achievement.

#79 Posted by MisterMouse (3539 posts) -

well as long as it isnt on rails... maybe it is only on a single rail...

#80 Posted by cstrang (2381 posts) -

Uh huh, sure. Don't try to bullshit a bullshitter, Molyneux.

#81 Edited by Vortextk (418 posts) -

I've listened to justin's stories about SH6, sherlock holmes 6 for those not in the know, and this fable title like 8 times on the video stream. Freaking hilarious. "I want to start off by saying, this is not on rails"

I love Pete for his visions at the very least(does mock hand gesture ryan was talking about), but seeing them come to fruition in a current game would be nice.

#82 Posted by Nintendude (283 posts) -

Hahah, I bet they just changed the game when people started to complain and noticed how unpopular rail shooters are. (Why in the heck would they even remove such a big gameplay element when showing the game off...)

#83 Posted by CornBREDX (4754 posts) -

Ya... and Fable 3 was actually fun but they stripped everything out of it that made it fun just to piss off players.

Right.

Sorry, did I mention before Lion Head has lost all credibility? Oh, sorry, I've said that a million times now =P

#84 Posted by blaakmawf (543 posts) -

So, you're trying to tell me that it's on rails?

#85 Posted by Mike76x (555 posts) -

Fable 3 had the "monorail" that was actually an upside down train track (2 rails) , so honestly I don't think he does know what rails are.

#86 Posted by faunt (29 posts) -

Anyhow, how is that Milo coming up, Pete? 

woooops

#87 Posted by PKHilson (205 posts) -

Still juggling them balls

#88 Posted by Marokai (2787 posts) -

Just because you can choose separate paths on your predetermined-movement-adventure doesn't mean something isn't on rails. It just means that there are more rails.

#89 Posted by Hailinel (23680 posts) -

@Marokai said:

Just because you can choose separate paths on your predetermined-movement-adventure doesn't mean something isn't on rails. It just means that there are more rails.

You might even call it a system of rails. A grid of them, even.

#90 Posted by JoeRosa (88 posts) -

Oh god please lie and promise me more things.

#91 Edited by Levio (1782 posts) -
rail (rl)
n.
Any of various marsh birds of the family Rallidae, characteristically having brownish plumage and short wings adapted only for short flights.

Ok he finally had a gold-mine idea and threw it out with the bathwater.

#92 Posted by DJJoeJoe (1316 posts) -
@JamesKond said:
@DJJoeJoe: Well, they could do it like other action games like Assaisin's Creed. With one button/movement you can change from walk to combat 'stance' give you the ability to walk in an action game with kinect.. I suppose.
Kinect games aren't allowed to use the controller at all, it's something Microsoft has stressed. So what button are you going to be hitting to switch stances? Whatever it is I can't imagine something even half as good as an analog stick, there's going to be a big compromise in movement for sure.
#93 Posted by Nethlem (377 posts) -

If it's not on rails why not show a demo where the navigation system is working?

Instead he does this publicity stunt that doesn't convince anybody and makes him come across desperate....

Poor guy... If he wouldn't have such a history of pulling crap like this off I would pity him :/

#94 Posted by McBEEF (360 posts) -

Black and White Kinect game please pete.  Or just Black and White 3.  This fable looks like ass.

#95 Posted by firecracker22 (532 posts) -
@Nethlem: Well, Peter said that was Microsoft's call. Microsoft wanted to play it safe, and only show that stuff, because they were afraid of something going wrong live on stage. 

Which makes sense, I guess.
#96 Posted by wsowen02 (317 posts) -

It's a guided experience

#97 Posted by Mike76x (555 posts) -
@wsowen02 said:
It's a misguided experience
Fixed :)
#98 Posted by Junkion (14 posts) -

The Steve Jobs of gaming?
\(^-^)/

#99 Posted by TwilitEnd656 (617 posts) -

"It's not on-rails, guys, you can choose which rails to take at specific points while being unable to choose where you go outside of said points."
I get the feeling Peter doesn't quite understand the meaning of "on-rails." Or he's just running his mouth again. Or both.

#100 Posted by risseless (477 posts) -

Hey guys? I think this game might be on rails. Just FYI.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.