Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fable

Franchise »

Fable is an action RPG franchise best known for morality-based gameplay. The series was created by veteran game designer Peter Molyneux.

I like Fable! Do you like Fable? What is your favourite Fable?

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

Poll I like Fable! Do you like Fable? What is your favourite Fable? (124 votes)

Fable 13%
    Fable: The Lost Chapters 23%
    Fable II 45%
    Fable III 5%
    Dunno... 3%
    Just show me the results already! 10%
     • 
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What Fable game do you like the most? And why?

I didn't include Fable: The Journey as it has little to do with the other games, appart from the overworld.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Fable II is probably my favourite. I also actually really enjoyed Fable III and never felt like it was terribly worthy of all of the hate it got.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jeust

@meatball said:

Fable II is probably my favourite. I also actually really enjoyed Fable III and never felt like it was terribly worthy of all of the hate it got.

Personally I loved Fable III. I found the story awesome, and the mixture of the powers gave rise to some cool effects. I also loved the world they built.

Fable: The Lost Chapters is a close second though. I loved the twist. I really felt strongly about it.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Fable 2 is the better game but the one I really loved was the original. I just didn't think that the series advanced like it should have in the sequel and I never played 3 because of that same reason.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By Yummylee

Haven't played the first, but I loved Fable 2. I can remember spending about 12 hours just messing about in the world, completely ignoring the story. In fact I may have spent the first hour blacksmithing... Fable 3 on the other hand I thought was terribly mediocre and just about every aspect of Fable 2 had taken a step back or was made to be completely redundant. I mean they actually made the social interactions to be even more shallow than they were in Fable 2!

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Why did you include 1 and TLC? They're like 90% the same game.

Anyway, 1. Fable is my favorite game on the original Xbox. Fable II was so disappointing by comparison, though it was fine, I guess. It just wasn't anything like the first game.

I bought III on sale on Steam but I haven't played it yet.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@mcghee said:

Fable 2 is the better game but the one I really loved was the original. I just didn't think that the series advanced like it should have in the sequel and I never played 3 because of that same reason.

This is my answer as well.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I think Fable II is still my favorite 360 game when I really think about it.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I have only messed around with the first one a little bit so I guess that one.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Fable 3 because I liked the steam punkish world best.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By joshthebear

II for sure.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Fable 2. It was just an excellent, bizarre, fun game all around. So was Fable 1, but 2 really nailed it for me. 3 ain't half bad either, but it's just so stripped down. Still a great game though.

I'll have to marathon the trilogy some time, and really compare them back to back.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be Fable III if it weren't for the stupid menu system, so Fable II.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Mrsignerman44

Fable: The Journey...

Just kidding, Fable 2.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Think I enjoyed Fable 1 the most but Fable 2 comes really close. I've played through the first 3 times and it was one of the first original Xbox games I played (One of the only good as well)

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

So it looks like TLC or Fable 2 is the way to go.

I'm really trying to give TLC (and with it, the fable franchise) a shot, but I feel like I'm running around aimlessly at the moment. It had an okay opening, but now every time I log in I just end up in some random place that's not even close to where I saved the game so I keep having to run back to where I was, if I even remember where that was, or what I was doing. So far my time with it has been just really confusing. I just feel I'm missing something constantly.

How do I see what mission is part of the "main quest" and make sure I only follow that for a while to get into the story? And how do I buy property and start making some money? Wasn't that a big thing with fable, like you could own stores and you character would make money even if you weren't playing or something...? I dunno.

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
    ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fable 2 is my favorite but I really enjoyed Fable 3. I never got around to playing Fable 1 so I have no idea if it's good or not.

phuzzybunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fable 2! I played through it twice to completion. I hardly do that with games nowadays. I always say I'm going to but something comes up. That counts for something, right?

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Fable 3 is...Bad.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anything but the horrid third-term abortion that is Fable III. II was cool, but I might have enjoyed the first more cause of the novelty of the whole idea.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Fable: The Lost Chapters was a fantastic game, it was the first RPG I ever played so it holds a special place in my heart, FUCK all others.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fable 1 was an interesting idea...and then it went downhill from there.

D_Bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never been an xbox person but when my sisters bf brought his over like 7 years ago I played a good amount of the first Fable. Was fun, probably the most promising game I played on xbox at the time.

ThePencil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really liked Fable, it was a fun world with a lot of lore and world building stuff that I was really into (Jack of Mother Fucking BLADES!) loved what The Lost Chapters added to it (Briar Rose ftw!) and became a die hard fan in Fable 2 (Zombie Lady Gray anyone? How awesome was that quest? And the Chesty quest? And-and-...ah frell it, Imma just go play Fable 2 again) Fable 3...I was really dissapointed by (bought the special limited edition and everything) but I liked some of the world expanion stuff, and had a genuine interest in the lore and mythology that they were bringing in.

I'm anxious to see what Lionhead have planned for the series after The Jounrey (which I didnt bother getting, and just watched the story stuff on youtube)

ahab88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fable 3 people are crazy. Fable 2 is almost a perfect game for me. Love it so much.

studsmckewl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By studsmckewl

You forgot to add Fable 2 Pub Games, which would be the clear winner of this vote.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i was in love with fable 2 for quite the while, finished it three or four times, also had a badass evil dude who could take down guards pretty efficiently, must go back and finish his run one of these days.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#28  Edited By TobbRobb

It's aged like complete shit. But Fable:TLC is one of my favorite games of all time. It did a lot of cool shit for its time.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

I am going to be a crazy person and admit that Fable III was my favorite. I really loved that game, enough that I played through it 3 times.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the gameplay of Fable 1 better, the world of Fable 3 better, and the content of Fable 2 better.

Why don't you guys like Fable 3? What was it that turned it from a good game to an horrible one?

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jdh5153

@klei said:

I like the gameplay of Fable 1 better, the world of Fable 3 better, and the content of Fable 2 better.

Why don't you guys like Fable 3? What was it that turned it from a good game to an horrible one?

The clunky, annoying start menu. Also there wasn't really any travel int he game. teleport to one city then to the next....

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.