Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fable

Franchise »

Fable is an action RPG franchise best known for morality-based gameplay. The series was created by veteran game designer Peter Molyneux.

Rumour: Fable Legends being made for XONE

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

Microsoft has recently registered two new Fable domains: FableLegends.com and FableLegends.net, suggesting that Lionhead, the studio that has developed all the games of the saga, is working in a new title in the franchise.

In fact, Lionhead Studios are working on an “unannounced title” that could perfectly be this “Fable Legends“.

Possibly we will know more about the game at GamesCom 2013.

vgleaks: Rumor: Fable Legends for Xbox One?

I don't know what I would really want from a new Fable. I could think to make it more "open-world" structure, rather than a central hub-city that you always go back to. Like, if you found a couple of random tiny towns in the the middle of nowhere abandoned forest, that is infested with creatures and you have to cross dimensions or something to solve the puzzle and kick some ass, then that'd be pretty cool. I'm not the smartest to think of these ideas, but this is pretty cool. Maybe even include some level editor properties for DLC or something.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Fable MMO?

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

I think you have sound ideas. Really they should just blow out what 2 was doing, make it more open, add multiplayer of some kind, let the whole world be more reactive. I don't think anything too radical needs to be done to make a great new Fable game.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Fable MMO?

Fable MOBA. The "Legends" will be the hit characters you know and love from the fable franchise as they battle to defend their "guilds" from the oncoming swarms of hobbes.

FunkasaurasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By FunkasaurasRex

This kind of sounds like it could just be the name of a Fable collection of some sort.

I'm a stupid head.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

After Fable 3, I'm pretty much done with Fable. I enjoyed Fable and Fable 2 for what they were but 3 felt like a weird step backwards.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By xyzygy

I would love to have a Fable with more emphasis on items, equipment, and stats. An actual RPG.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After Fable 3, I'm pretty much done with Fable. I enjoyed Fable and Fable 2 for what they were but 3 felt like a weird step backwards.

This is the same way I feel. I really enjoyed the first game. Second was alright but the third was complete garbage. I don't have much faith in another Fable game.

@xyzygy said:

I would love to have a Fable with more emphasis on items, equipment, and stats. An actual RPG.

What? you don't want another medieval fart simulator?

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I still find I guess I loved Fable 2 way more than most. I think it was a brilliant game, very Zelda like in a lot of ways but with its own wrinkles of customization and choice that made the formula way more compelling than any of those recent Zelda games.

Fable MMO?

There has been talk of this. I think rather than being an actual MMO it'd probably be something Diablo like.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

This better not be a sequel to Fable Heroes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.