Wedding Announces Fable III

#1 Edited by JackiJinx (3089 posts) -

The New York Times, famous for its news and crossword puzzles, has now broken news on Fable III in an unorthodox manner: through Amy Gilbert and Joshua Atkins's wedding blurb. The description is that of a typical marriage, stating the date, how they met, and their occupations, slipping that Atkins is the lead game designer for Fable III. 

There very well could be a clerical error in this, as he did design for Fable II, but Molyneux has already stated his eagerness to continue the Fable franchise, and so the surfacing of the idea is not unlikely. The source though? That wasn't what I had my money on.

Have a look at Molyneux gabbing about Fable while rejoicing at the possibilities of a new installment and shuddering at the thought of what will become of Fable II.

#2 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

What? A microsoft game being in a trilogy?
Dang. Never saw that coming.

#3 Posted by Aquinas (28 posts) -

The first two games had no staying power despite all their good qualities.  I'm not going to let myself get excited for another one.

#4 Posted by idiotic_genius1 (416 posts) -

Hmm.. interesting
I say error or at least thats what Lionhead or Microsoft would say if asked about it. I think Fable 3 will come but it won't be officially announced for a while.

#5 Posted by Wolverine (4281 posts) -
@JackiJinx: Is it really that much of a surprise that they are making Fable 3? That series makes so much money.
#6 Posted by OhdK (203 posts) -

Fable 3? No way. Don't tell me there's a Gears 3 coming as well, that'd be off the hook. I was surprised enough by Halo 3

#7 Posted by Maxszy (2064 posts) -
@Aquinas said:
" The first two games had no staying power despite all their good qualities.  I'm not going to let myself get excited for another one. "
Seriously?

Fable 2 was one of the most fun, pure enjoyment games I've played. Each to their own.
#8 Posted by Claude (16255 posts) -

I never had the pleasure of Fable, but Fable 2 was a sweet and wonderful adventure. I still miss my dog and family. I had a wife and four children, may they rest in peace.

#9 Posted by Aquinas (28 posts) -
@Maxszy said:
" @Aquinas said:
" The first two games had no staying power despite all their good qualities.  I'm not going to let myself get excited for another one. "
Seriously? Fable 2 was one of the most fun, pure enjoyment games I've played. Each to their own. "
For the still short time it actually lasted, yes.  But after the story concluded, it all went downhill for me.  The lack of variety in clothing, no armor, lack of variety in weapon types, and uncontrollable physical changes annoyed me too. (did appreciate the knothole island shrinking potion though, a "will scars" vanishing potion would have been just as welcome) I finished Oblivion's story and found still plenty enough to be done to entertain me for many hours, and the variety of races and customizable characters were neat.  If Fable 2 had launched at thirty dollars my opinion of it would likely be much higher.  Big improvement on the first game, but still just not at the sweet spot.

IMO, the next big improvement is character creation, heavy variety in clothing, weapons, and armor, and more variety in quests.  Oh and not quite being the silent emotionless avatar.  It was pretty awkward at the end of the game to have a supposedly meaningful event happen right in front of my hero, and he's just standing there kinda looking around like he's bored and does not even notice.
#10 Posted by TooWalrus (13161 posts) -

Fable II was definitely worth the money, and I can't wait to play more Fable.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.