Worth buying on Xbox Originals?

#1 Posted by Yit (761 posts) -

I haven't played Fable II, and was interested in the original Fable. Is it worth 15 bucks? Any problems with it?

#2 Posted by stucket (238 posts) -

Hmm...Fable 1 is way better interms of the year it came out and the amount of RPG elements it packed in it, Im not sure if it still has that...Lost chapter included.. should not have problem since the game has been fully tested out on the xbox 360,I guess you should try it if you really want it. The story is the best part of it,lol.

#3 Posted by bwooduhs (1616 posts) -

For 15 bucks its definitely worth it. It may have had flaws but it wa still great.

#4 Posted by Moose (60 posts) -

+1 HartKnight
Get the Lost Chapters version on disc, it adds loads of new kit (more than Fable 2) and a few more hours of gameplay too.
The Xbox Originals version doesn't include the Lost Chapters, otherwise I would own it too...

#5 Posted by oldschool (7264 posts) -

If you like RPGs, sure, why wouldn't you.  Surely it will be good value for money.  I didn't love it, but I did like it.

#6 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

No...just go buy a real copy of the game off of Ebay or Amazon for like $8.

#7 Posted by MjHealy (1841 posts) -

The originals is a good idea but remember it will take ages to download. San Andreas cost me 8 hours

#8 Posted by ColMustard (357 posts) -

With the extra wear and tear on your console along with being able to find the game for cheaper used, just plug in your old console and play it there.  It was an ok game.  I played it after KOTOR so, no it was weak by comparrison but decent overall.

#9 Posted by roushimsx (485 posts) -

You can buy the Best of Platinum Hits version of Fable (which is actually, "Fable: The Lost Chapters") for $10 at any brick and mortar store (Best Buy, Circuit City, Toys R Us, etc). Go that route if you can.

#10 Posted by stucket (238 posts) -

Hey!keep your negativity yourself XD...just kidding,everyone has their own opinion,I loved Both Kotor and Fable,but hmm...if you played kotor first and then fable,i would have to agree that Kotor was better in-terms of the number of roleplaying.No offence dude if insulted you back there.

#11 Posted by daniel_beck_90 (3159 posts) -

Go for it , it certainly worth it , the story of Fable 1 is much better than Fable II .

#12 Posted by AspiringAndy (332 posts) -
daniel_beck_90 said:
"Go for it , it certainly worth it , the story of Fable 1 is much better than Fable II ."
Agreed, I love the story on the original Fable.
#13 Posted by Silock (238 posts) -

Is it the lost chapters version? If not, go for the PC version which is on steam (provided of course you have a PC that can run it, its not a demanding game these days)

#14 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7615 posts) -

This topic is almost 4 years old. It's safe to say the original poster probably isn't still looking for an answer.

#15 Posted by killacam (1284 posts) -

and if he is, then god save his soul

#16 Posted by Vitor (2815 posts) -

@Silock said:

Is it the lost chapters version? If not, go for the PC version which is on steam (provided of course you have a PC that can run it, its not a demanding game these days)

The best version of the game and even a modest PC will run it well at 1280x720.

But if you don't have access to a PC, then buy the disc version of the lost chapters for sure.

#17 Edited by ShaggE (6415 posts) -

EDIT: Nevermind... why the hell would you necro this?

#18 Posted by Shady (503 posts) -

The best version is the one where you give me your money so I can burn it.

#19 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4700 posts) -

@Silock: How the fuck do you even find a three year old thread in a way that you could mistake it for a recent thread?

#20 Posted by musclerider (589 posts) -

@ShaggE said:

why the hell would you necro this?

Because people are assholes

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.