Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Facebook Connectivity

Concept »

Games that can link up to Facebook for additional features.

Facebook On Giantbomb

• 139 results
    sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

Edited By sweep  Moderator

Whilst I approve of the recent updates made to giantbomb, one aspect in particular seems slightly confusing to me; the integration of Facebook with Giantbomb. For me Giantbomb is a place I come to talk about videogames because I feel that, putting it frankly, my friends in the real world don't really give a fuck. Or maybe they do, but perhaps not to such an intense level. I use Giantbomb as a place where I can go to geek out, a place where I can discuss the most intricate details of the games I love with like-minded people. The whole reason I use a site like giantbomb in the first place is because the people I work with in real life, the people who I see on a daily basis, have no interest in any of this shit.

Don't panic. It's not actually a book of faces.

There is a train of thought here that implies shame.

I'm not ashamed of how I spend my time. My friends are aware of my blog, they know what I write - they act as my anchor to reality. I'm not scared of people finding out who I am, there are already a great many giantbomb members added as friends on my facebook. However i'm not sure I want every goofy 2am forum post plastered on the website which is my primary method of communicating with all my friends, family, ex-schoolmates and peers from around the world. That world is not one that would mingle well with this world of intense geekdom. And similarly, you probably don't give a fuck what happens to me in the real world. Here's a preview: University, Girlfriend, Alcohol. In that order. See? Told you.

So I'm not really sure who this "Link with facebook" feature appeals to?  Maybe people who have already bridged the gap between giantbomb and the real world? For the moment i'm happy keeping them separate. 

I find it sadly ironic that it's now easier for people to find my blogs on facebook than on giantbomb.

The people I talk to on facebook are completely different from the people I talk to on giantbomb and they most likely don't give a fuck about what happens here. Some people don't like computer games. That's cool. However the people on giantbomb who I don't have added on facebook but who might actually care about what I have to say still have no real way of easily finding my work unless I publish it to the forums? That's kinda fucked up...

Sorry to kill the buzz. I still love you, Whiskey.

Thanks For Reading
    Love Sweep
    sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By sweep  Moderator

Whilst I approve of the recent updates made to giantbomb, one aspect in particular seems slightly confusing to me; the integration of Facebook with Giantbomb. For me Giantbomb is a place I come to talk about videogames because I feel that, putting it frankly, my friends in the real world don't really give a fuck. Or maybe they do, but perhaps not to such an intense level. I use Giantbomb as a place where I can go to geek out, a place where I can discuss the most intricate details of the games I love with like-minded people. The whole reason I use a site like giantbomb in the first place is because the people I work with in real life, the people who I see on a daily basis, have no interest in any of this shit.

There is a train of thought here that implies shame.

I'm not ashamed of how I spend my time. My friends are aware of my blog, they know what I write - they act as my anchor to reality. I'm not scared of people finding out who I am, there are already a great many giantbomb members added as friends on my facebook. However i'm not sure I want every goofy 2am forum post plastered on the website which is my primary method of communicating with all my friends, family, ex-schoolmates and peers from around the world. That world is not one that would mingle well with this world of intense geekdom. And similarly, you probably don't give a fuck what happens to me in the real world. Here's a preview: University, Girlfriend, Alcohol. In that order. See? Told you.

So I'm not really sure who this "Link with facebook" feature appeals to?  Maybe people who have already bridged the gap between giantbomb and the real world? For the moment i'm happy keeping them separate. 

I find it sadly ironic that it's now easier for people to find my blogs on facebook than on giantbomb.

The people I talk to on facebook are completely different from the people I talk to on giantbomb and they most likely don't give a fuck about what happens here. Some people don't like computer games. That's cool. However the people on giantbomb who I don't have added on facebook but who might actually care about what I have to say still have no real way of easily finding my work unless I publish it to the forums? That's kinda fucked up...

Sorry to kill the buzz. I still love you, Whiskey.

Thanks For Reading
    Love Sweep
    Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Coltonio7

Yeah, Mafia Wars is pretty cool.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By Tireyo

Sweep.............. YOU ARE JUST TOO COOL!! I could never really make a Facebook do to the reason that I'm.... ugly. = - P

bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By bubahula

ohhh man. i never though about a book with faces in it before.
    OOOOOHHHHH GOD!!

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Red12b

AGREED!!!

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By RandomHero666

Enthralling read as always Sweepums.
    I'd just like to know how to un-link my Facepage account

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By kmdrkul
    @Tireyo643 said:
    " Sweep.............. YOU ARE JUST TOO COOL!! I could never really make a Facebook do to the reason that I'm.... ugly. = - P "
    Just do what a ton of people already do and Photoshop the hell out of your best photo :P
    warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By warxsnake

you don't have to connect through it.............do you? I don't know it looks optional to me?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By jakob187

I don't see the issue at all.  If you are so concerned with people not knowing your real name, why do you have a Facebook at all?  Unplug from this interwebz and move on. 

Also, Facebook isn't even really a site about blogging.  It's about status updates.  Giant Bomb isn't a site about blogging either.  It's about video games. 

I think the place you are looking for lately is called Blogspot, Sweep.

AndrooD2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By AndrooD2

I understand questioning the appeal of  linking your Giantbomb forum posts to Facebook, but I think there must be some GB users out there who have a bunch of like-minded friends on Facebook who might find this stuff interesting. 

I think it's obvious that it's an easy hands-off way to market Giantbomb to a larger audience.  I'm sure Whiskey Media would love to improve awareness of the site, and even if the feature doesn't appeal to most users, one or two GB community members linking their GB activity to Facebook is better than none in their minds.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By Claude

GiantBomb is my facebook... in your face... book it. Do like I do and just ignore it.
    Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#12  Edited By Tireyo
    @kmdrkul: I don't think Photoshop is going to help me any. = - P Much less do I really have a motive to get Facebook.
    sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By sweep  Moderator
    @jakob187 said:
    " I don't see the issue at all.  If you are so concerned with people not knowing your real name, why do you have a Facebook at all?  "
    Dude... did you read my blog at all? Facebook is what I use to talk with people who I actually know in real life. Giantbomb is a place I talk to strangers with whom I have a shared interest. The two are not required to overlap at any point.
    FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FunExplosions
    @Sweep: I completely agree with every point you made. I understand that they might just be trying out new ways to make money. And I'm sure the offer that Facebook made was more than generous. Having your own website, I bet it's extremely hard to get into the mindset of just another user. Even if they do have the same mindset. Know what I'm saying? Like whenever you write or create anything, it could be complete shit for all you know. It's up to the people you respect to give you their interpretations. Basically, what I'm saying to GiantBomb is, try to be Radiohead, not Metallica.

... Or is it not really in GiantBomb's control, being that they rely on Whiskey Media?
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Claude

I've been in the Tiger Woods Online beta for a while and facebook is all over that shit. Again, I ignore it.
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By Ineedaname

Hm, this will be the last topic I read before I embark upon sleep.
    And to continue the trend of posting a picture, I'll end that trend here with a final thought for the day.  
    (Oh and also I agree partly because I don't use facebook, the account I have was actually made by a friend in an attempt to get me to use it, she successfully failed.
    My reason are the same as yours, it's a different set of people, I have a hard time getting my friends to play anything other than FIFA and CoD this is a place to discuss outside the realms of that and delve into occasional in jokes, and to apply one in joke now, NEVER(!) will I use that feature.)

I went and uploaded more than I thought I would, so applied spoilers. (Image party from me is over now guys!)

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By clubsandwich

it's optional so it really doesn't bother me.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By breadfan

None of my friends know about my secret fanaticism for bread and various baked goods. It must stay that way. 

Eyepatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Eyepatch

Perhaps the target market is the same that Xbox live is going for with Facebook and Twitter on their service? =P

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#20  Edited By wefwefasdf

What all does connecting facebook to your account do? What information is shared between the two?

I agree with Sweep. I really don't want all my friends to know how much time I spend on Giant Bomb. I don't think they need to overlap.

CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CowMuffins

I don't see the point. If I want to go on facebook, then I'll go on facebook.

Time_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Time_Lord

For me gaming is a private thing a lot of my friends and family don't understand it. So the last thing i want it is on my Face Book page.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By End_Boss

I agree. There are a handful of people I on Giant Bomb that I would consider divulging information about my personal life to, but certainly not the whole forum. Plus, do you really want to be that guy on Facebook that updates every time he or she does anything? I just don't see why we can't post something on a forum without  needing to broadcast it to every friend and relative we have on the internet.

That said, I'm not going to start campaigning against it or anything either. Yeah, I think its dumb, but as far as I can tell I don't have to associate my profile. So I won't.

Hopefully this doesn't become a "thing." I can't believe Twitter became a "thing."

I'll just be over here.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jakob187
    @Sweep said:
    " @jakob187 said:
    " I don't see the issue at all.  If you are so concerned with people not knowing your real name, why do you have a Facebook at all?  "
    Dude... did you read my blog at all? Facebook is what I use to talk with people who I actually know in real life. Giantbomb is a place I talk to strangers with whom I have a shared interest. The two are not required to overlap at any point. "
    Keywords are "not required".  It's an OPTION, not a mandate.  You're crusading about something that doesn't need to be crusaded.  That's all I'm saying.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jakob187

Also, out of curiosity, have you even TRIED the connectivity at all before knocking it?

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By sweep  Moderator
    @jakob187 said:

" @Sweep said:

" @jakob187 said:
    Dude... did you read my blog at all? Facebook is what I use to talk with people who I actually know in real life. Giantbomb is a place I talk to strangers with whom I have a shared interest. The two are not required to overlap at any point. "
    Keywords are "not required".  It's an OPTION, not a mandate.  You're crusading about something that doesn't need to be crusaded.  That's all I'm saying. "
    and all i'm saying is:

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Claude
    @Sweep said:
    " @jakob187 said:

" @Sweep said:

" @jakob187 said:
    Keywords are "not required".  It's an OPTION, not a mandate.  You're crusading about something that doesn't need to be crusaded.  That's all I'm saying. "
    and all i'm saying is:

"
    So, if I create a facebook account, I can find your blog quick? I would have to know you first, would I not? I don't see a problem, just ignore it.  

Oh wait, black or white, black or white... decisions.
    ptys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ptys
    @Sweep: I was going to start a new topic, then I saw yours at the lats minute. Couldn't agree more, here's what I was going to write: 

I understand from a financial stand point why having Facebook on GB is necessary, but I use this site as one of my rare escapes  from that, celeb. girly. vein social network dungeon. Hey if you like it that's good, but who really wants to inter-grate their gaming world with their real world... its the George Kostanza "Worlds  colliding" theory ll over again!.. Quite frankly none my friends understand why I like video gaming and I've given up trying to convince any of them to get into it?... Just doesn't fit for me.    
    Bigbombomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#29  Edited By Bigbombomb

I don't have to use it, so I'm not going to. I don't understand why every thing on the internet has to have Facebook connectivity. Same goes with twitter, too. Also, I like to call it BaseFook.

jaffaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jaffaz
    Personally I like having everything in one place...bringing all the resources together. I hardly have any friends who are major gamers and I know plenty of people who find my interest in games to be quite childish. I'm not embarrased about my hobby...I requently post about it on Facebook anyway, so this is just an easier way of keeping it up to date. 

Half the problem is that people still percieve gamers as fat people with no friends, who sit in a dark room for hours only emerging to get more snacks. I think that by steadily blending our hobby into our/others everyday lives it will make it easier for people who aren't gamers, or perhaps even look down on gaming, to accept that people who play games are real genuine normal folk.

Although, probably a little bit more intelligent :P
    Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Wolverine
    @Sweep: I feel the same way. I honestly don't want people seeing how much time I spend on a video game website.
    bananas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By bananas

You don't have to connect to Facebook. It's optional.

Also, here's a trick if you want to have the convience of using Facebook to sign in WITHOUT sharing your info:

If you're like me, you leave your facebook account signed in, so that when you visit Facebook.com multiple times a day, you're already signed in.

Well, if you sign into your Giant Bomb account first, then hit the "Connect with Facebook" button, after giving it permission, it'll link your Giant Bomb and Facebook accounts.

Then go to facebook.com, log in, and go to your Application Settings. Find Giant Bomb and click Edit Settings, and under Additional Permission, unclick the boxes you choose fit.

(Note, I haven't done this, as I don't mind GB publishing things to my Wall, but if you're so inclined, try it out)

Now, when you go to GB and your not signed in already, just click the Facebook Connect button and voila! You're in and Giant Bomb will never post stuff to Facebook.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Claude
    @peacebyanymeans said:
    " You don't have to connect to Facebook. It's optional.  Also, here's a trick if you want to have the convience of using Facebook to sign in WITHOUT sharing your info:  If you're like me, you leave your facebook account signed in, so that when you visit Facebook.com multiple times a day, you're already signed in.  Well, if you sign into your Giant Bomb account first, then hit the "Connect with Facebook" button, after giving it permission, it'll link your Giant Bomb and Facebook accounts.  Then go to facebook.com, log in, and go to your Application Settings. Find Giant Bomb and click Edit Settings, and under Additional Permission, unclick the boxes you choose fit.  (Note, I haven't done this, as I don't mind GB publishing things to my Wall, but if you're so inclined, try it out)  Now, when you go to GB and your not signed in already, just click the Facebook Connect button and voila! You're in and Giant Bomb will never post stuff to Facebook. "
    See, live and learn people, I love the the internet. Applications can be applied at your own speed with a little know-how.
    Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34  Edited By Hamst3r

@Sweep said:
    "I'm not really sure who this "Link with facebook" feature appeals to?  Maybe people who have already bridged the gap between giantbomb and the real world?"

*raises hand* That's me, I guess. My gaming friends and my real-life friends one and the same. Pretty much everyone I know plays video games and visits gaming sites. They're not on Giant Bomb, but I've exposed them to GB content a few times.

That said though, I don't see the Facebook app doing anything terribly useful as of yet. What I'd like to see is simply a page showing a reference of who I know on both sites, like how the FB thing works on XBL - I haven't found that page here on GB yet. Also, acronyms.
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#35  Edited By Hamz

It's an entirely optional feature for those people who wish to integrate their Giant Bomb activity into their Facebook profile. Millions of people utilise Facebook everyday and chances are a big number of our community here use it as well. Giving them the option to do this is better than denying them it due to the prejudice people hold against Facebook. If you don't want to integrate your video game life on Giant Bomb with the real life people you interact with on Facebook then fair enough, entirely up to you what you do. But don't complain about Facebook integration if you're not going to use it.

@Sweep

said:

"I find it sadly ironic that it's now easier for people to find my blogs on facebook than on giantbomb."

You make it sound like no one can find your blogs on Giant Bomb at all compared to finding them on Facebook. Blogs can be posted to the forum (as you well know) which provides ample exposure to a wider audience of readers which is half the reason you in particular have managed to gather a regular following when you post blogs. You can of course go directly to the profile page of any user on the site and check to see if they've posted a new blog or been up to other such activity that may interest you.

It is also possible to open the forum preferences option and disable topics posted in the major boards (such as GD and OT etc) from appearing which makes the forum list presented too you much more filtered and thus easier to browse through in order to find what you want. Alternatively there is now the option to find any and all blogs posted by the users you're following on Giant Bomb by hovering your mouse pointer over the "Online" button beside your Mail tab and clicking the "Followed Blogs" option in the drop down menu.

So I disagree with you, people can find your blogs. If the case is you don't feel you're getting enough replies to them then perhaps that isn't a case of people not locating your blogs but rather not wishing to comment on them. Other than that I'm not sure how it is you can say finding blogs on Giant Bomb is difficult.
    frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#36  Edited By frankxiv

i don't think i'm enough of a dick to spam my friends as much as they spam me on facebook so i probably won't connect the 2, same as on ps3.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#37  Edited By AgentJ

I'd just like to mention that I hate what happened to the forums tab in people's profiles. . We could already look at our old posts, so why get rid of the ability to look at old forum topics? It was great being able to look at other peoples histories and see what kind of topics they started. 

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Claude
    @Hamz said:

Other than that I'm not sure how it is you can say finding blogs on Giant Bomb is difficult. "

I was with you until this. Finding new blogs to read is a bitch, unless the person blogging happens to cross post their blog to the forums while I happen to be on the forums. There used to be a feature where you could look at blogs being posted, but it no longer exists. I could click users, activity feed, and then use the resources available, but they're not there anymore.
    sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By sweep  Moderator
    @Hamz said:

"Other than that I'm not sure how it is you can say finding blogs on Giant Bomb is difficult. "

There are some users who don't post their blogs to the forums and, like me, don't use the forums too often. If you aren't following them, how would you find that blog? The only answer is Users > Activity Feed. And the Activity Feed is a mess. Or go to the "Community Blogs" section on the frontpage, but that only shows when there is nobody logged in.

Every time you suggest that people post their blogs to the forums: Not all blogs are forum material. Some blogs are too personal for the forums, that doesn't mean they shouldn't be read? The fact that all blogs are not automatically posted to the forums is testament to this.
    Sure people can find my blogs because I have used the site for years and have earned a reputation as a dude who writes blogs. But I could forward you right now to 10 great bloggers who are writing every day but who you probably didn't even know existed. All your solutions require that the writers in question be "Followed" prior to the blog being found - what about new members joining the site? Am I supposed to just randomly visit profile pages on the off-chance I find someone with a decent blog?
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By jakob187
    @Sweep: I get what you're saying, but I don't agree with it.  Your blogs are difficult to find?  You are one of probably five notorious bloggers on this site, so Sweep's blogs aren't hard to find at all.  As a matter of fact, someone who has as many followers as you trying to spearhead "blogs need to be found easier" just seems like a bit of an ego trip if you ask me.  I write a blog a week, and while they aren't the most popular things on the planet, I'm not spearheading some crazy notion that my opinion needs to be made more front and center.  It's my personal blog, and the people that want to find it...know where to find it. 

They can check their blog updates on their profile page if they are following me.  They can check the forums, where I post them every time just for the fuck of generating some level of discussion (to which many generate little to none).  They can go to my profile and click the tab that says "blog".  What more does one need?  "Sweep's latest blog is up now" plastered all over the front page of the site? 

So I'm sorry...but blogs are plenty easy to find.  It seems to me you are just griping about this Facebook connectivity thing because you feel like your idea for a community-specific page is being ignored...and personally, while a community specific page is a cool idea, we already have one - and it's called The Community Spotlight Redux.  ZombiePie does an excellent job with it, and I don't see why there needs to be some sort of bigger-dick-popularity contest of a page added to this site beyond that.  =  / 

And as for "who this appeals to"?  I have the Xbox Live Gamercard app on my Facebook profile already, and many of my friends (including my own mother) are gamers.  I play Farmville, Bejeweled Blitz, Cafe World, World Domination, D&D Tiny Adventures, Mafia Wars, Petville, and a number of other "app" games.  Therefore, getting a bit more of a glimpse into the gaming world can never hurt.  As a matter of fact, the potential of new users coming in to Giant Bomb because of Facebook simply increases the chance that your views and comments on your blogs will go up, does it not?
    breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#41  Edited By breadfan

Trouble seems to follow you Sweep.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By sweep  Moderator
    @jakob187 said:
    " Sweep's blogs aren't hard to find at all. "
    So because i'm working towards a noble cause i'm suddenly in possession of a giant ego? I have never said my own blogs needed more exposure and I am completely humbled by the (completely undeserved) attention they receive already. And, if you check my last blog, a lot of people seem to agree. I'm just the one actually trying to do something about it.
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Claude
    @Sweep said:
    " @jakob187 said:
    So because i'm working towards a noble cause i'm suddenly in possession of a giant ego? I have never said my own blogs needed more exposure and I am completely humbled by the (completely undeserved) attention they receive already. And, if you check my last blog, a lot of people seem to agree. I'm just the one actually trying to do something about it. "
    This thread is not about blogging, but about Facebook. Am I wrong? I'm getting off-topic.
    sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By sweep  Moderator
    @Claude said:
    " @Sweep said:
    " @jakob187 said:
    So because i'm working towards a noble cause i'm suddenly in possession of a giant ego? I have never said my own blogs needed more exposure and I am completely humbled by the (completely undeserved) attention they receive already. And, if you check my last blog, a lot of people seem to agree. I'm just the one actually trying to do something about it. "
    This thread is not about blogging, but about Facebook. Am I wrong? I'm getting off-topic. "
    It's me that's getting off topic. My bad. :(
    TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By TheHT
    @warxsnake said:
    " you don't have to connect through it.............do you? I don't know it looks optional to me? "
    it is. i haven't done it and sure don't intend to. i enjoy keeping these things separate ya see.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By jakob187
    @Sweep said:
    " @jakob187 said:
    But trying to do WHAT?  I mean, yeah, there are a ton of great bloggers on this site that some people will never see because they don't post to the forums and people aren't following them.  You specifically point out YOURSELF that they are "personal blogs" and that they are not "forum material".  Well, if I knew who that person was, then I'd probably follow them and read them.  Otherwise, I'm not missing out on anything other than another blogger out of the MILLIONS on the internet. 

I follow the people that I follow because they are the people on this site that I talk to.  If someone honestly wants their blogs to have exposure, they have many means to do so.  If not, then they are intentionally NOT doing so...and in turn, they don't get exposure. 

And if that's the way they want it...then you trying to force exposure for their blogs would kind of be going against what they might want.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By jakob187

I would also like to point out that there are personally a couple of things more important to ME that the staff needs to put into Giant Bomb than this idea of "easier ways to find blogs".  For instance: 

• Search field for "Users" database
    • Release calendar showing multiple months, not just the next couple of weeks (one of the only things I still go to Gamespot and VGBlogger for)
    • Better setup and explanation for the "Mod Images" page
    • The return of a "Wikis that need help" feature somewhere on the site

Those are all things that are regular, everyday things on the site that need a bit more work as well as attention...at least, to me.
    Avatar image for ravenousrattler
    Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Ravenousrattler

Why do you keep following me facebook? I'm already dodging you on xbox live.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By jakob187
    @Sweep said:
    " @Claude said:
    " @Sweep said:
    " @jakob187 said:
    This thread is not about blogging, but about Facebook. Am I wrong? I'm getting off-topic. "
    It's me that's getting off topic. My bad. :( "
    I had a hand in that as well. 

As for the Facebook stuff specifically, it's optional and not that big of a deal.  So far, I haven't seen it implemented on my Facebook profile, and no one has even seen anything pop up yet.  Then again, Facebook supposedly did a facelift or pushed some code of their own today as well...so it would seem that the functionality of all this stuff is a bit up-in-the-air at the moment.
    Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just wish that the Facebook tab at the top of the page would go away. I never want to sync with you, get off my screen!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.