So, I'm guessing the game is dead??

#1 Posted by gingertastic_10 (4141 posts) -

As I have found by looking through forums, reviews and friends that I am one of the few that love Fairytale Fights. After not having the ability to get online I finally can, so I tried to play some online Fairytale Fights on the PS3. And apperently I'm the only one that is connected to the server. I tried to get on a couple of months ago as well and had the same problem. Am I doing it wrong or is the online part of Fairytale Fights done???

#2 Posted by iAmJohn (6128 posts) -

Not only are you the only person trying to play Fairytale Fights online, you're also probably the only person who likes the game.

#3 Posted by Coombs (3449 posts) -

I just ordered the game last week ($15) for the 360

#4 Posted by gingertastic_10 (4141 posts) -
@iAmJohn: Well thank god. I can be it's #1 fan then.
#5 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4896 posts) -

That which isn't alive can not die.

#6 Posted by Djeffers03 (2545 posts) -

Was it ever alive in the first place?

#7 Posted by JJOR64 (19024 posts) -

I can't believe this is a retail game.  When I first saw it, I thought it was an XBLA.

#8 Posted by gingertastic_10 (4141 posts) -
@JJOR64: I did too. It might have done better if it was, and if the price was $14.99 or $9.99.
#9 Posted by Tebbit (4473 posts) -

I doubt Fairytale Fights was ever truly alive. 

THE TRIFECTA!

#10 Posted by gingertastic_10 (4141 posts) -

Probably no one plays it online. Which is a bummer cause I need those online trophies!!!

#11 Posted by Evilsbane (4654 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:
" I can't believe this is a retail game.  When I first saw it, I thought it was an XBLA. "
WHOA WHOA WHOA Hold on That game was retail? Like 60 bucks? What in the fuck were they smoking I thought it looked like a ..somewhat fun XBLA game but SERIOUSLY?
#12 Edited by gingertastic_10 (4141 posts) -
@Evilsbane: Well it dropped to $40 in like a week. then to $20 a month later.
#13 Posted by DerekDanahy (877 posts) -

I saw it in a best buy clearance bin and I just laughed when I saw it.

#14 Posted by Coombs (3449 posts) -

I picked it up to be a between games cheap laugh kind of game,
Kinda like

#15 Posted by Evilsbane (4654 posts) -
@gingertastic_10 said:
" @Evilsbane: Well it dropped to $40 in like a week. then to $20 a month later. "
For them to even think that game would sell at 60 bucks was pretty short sighted.
#16 Posted by gingertastic_10 (4141 posts) -
@Evilsbane: Yes totally, but there are way worse games then this that sold more at a $60 price. It wouldn't suprise me if Rogue Warrior sold more and it was worse received by the critics,

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.