Detailed Article

#1 Posted by Bawabus (34 posts) -

Hey people, just thought it would be cool if we just went all out on this page. I'm sure there are more than a few of us that adore this game. If we all put our heads together and put everything possible into this article it could do the game justice.

I'm sure people have a lot of stuff waiting in the stables that has yet to get through moderation, but I'd like this page to be a true combined effort instead of people constantly completely redoing each other's stuff. I had sent an incomplete skeleton of a large article that I was planning on gradually filling in.

I kinda want that to get denied so we can really get somethin' goin' here. If we could divide the work between whoever really wants to work on this page so people aren't working on the same thing and we can tap into whatever bits of knowledge everyone has.

Just a suggestion, if anyone's on board for it POST!
#2 Posted by RobbieH (52 posts) -

I've a pretty good one that's pending approval. I wrote about: general gameplay, character creation (described S.P.E.C.I.A.L and what the 7 statistics affect, the 18 skills and the formulae attached to them), a general bit about perks/traits because I was a touch lazy at that point (I'll fill that in later), and a relatively decent piece about the story. I was going to go into the easter eggs and pop-culture references, but I figured I'd do that when I'm able to do live edits. I think it's pretty good stuff, I hope people will be happy with it.

I'll probably add the rest of the credits, and most of the screenshots are mine. If other people could tackle, say, the characters, concepts and locations (Vaults, Oil Rig, towns, that sort of thing), that'd be great. It's kind of hard to say at the moment what to do because a lot of that could be waiting in the queue.

#3 Edited by Bawabus (34 posts) -

Indeed, I have quite a bit on the Q as well. I've been working on getting the character pages created, I'm only doing people that have a talking head or can be recruited and if no one else wants to do it I can all the locations as well. If you do end up doing all the Easter Eggs be SURE to get the Bridge of Death.

and if you don't mind I want to put a section into the main article about the restoration project that guy at NMA is working on. It seriously makes the game better and anyone interested in it should get it... especially considering it's free.
#4 Edited by RobbieH (52 posts) -

Well...I added most of the credits, uploaded all the talking heads and am currently uploading pictures of the 7 statistics, skills and derived statistics (all in the queue, unfortunately). I'm closing in on the magical 1000 points mark so we should be able to get this page up and running fairly soon.

Should I leave perks/SPECIAL/skills in the main article, or should we create concept pages for them and just link them to it?

#5 Posted by RobbieH (52 posts) -

Hooray, the article is up. To be honest, I'd rather detail the factions and lore of the universe in this page (and the original Fallout page) as opposed to the franchise page, mainly because Tactics, PoS and Fallout 3 completely destroy the canon.

#6 Posted by TheNamelessOneLives (1 posts) -

You people gotta try the Restoration Patch for Fallout 2. Its a mod made by fans that puts in a lot of stuff the developers cut cause of time; quests, new locations, NPCs now display their armor, its pretty good actually. Plus, you can even use the mouse wheel to scroll through your inventory! Its quite recent by the way.

#7 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -
TheNamelessOneLives said:
"You people gotta try the Restoration Patch for Fallout 2. Its a mod made by fans that puts in a lot of stuff the developers cut cause of time; quests, new locations, NPCs now display their armor, its pretty good actually. Plus, you can even use the mouse wheel to scroll through your inventory! Its quite recent by the way."
Yeah, the restoration is pretty great.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.