100 things you've learned playing Fallout 3

#201 Edited by Malchom (96 posts) -

??. In a wasteland, electricity is still available in abandoned buildings even though there are no power plants in sight...

??. Drinking old, dirty, disgusting and colored toilet water gives a bit of health.

#202 Posted by stalinshake (12 posts) -
@Jayge said:
" 35. You don't run faster with a knife (who gets the reference?); but you do when you wear 200-year-old pinstripe pants and a sweater vest (AGI +1 wat). "
Killing floor 

38. the ending makes ryan mad
#203 Posted by Shadow (4981 posts) -

from using hand to hand combat, I've learned that the fist is mightier than the rocket launcher.

#204 Posted by Xolare (1284 posts) -

We're supposed to be at 340...
Damnit people make sure you read ALL the pages.

340. Don't Mess With The Family.
341. You can make a giant flaming sword with your bare hands.
342. In the future, video games can kill you by making you proceed into cardiac arrest.
343. Armor is near useless.
344. Medical Adrenaline is used to cure wounds. Yet you can take nearly a thousand and not feel any side effects.

#205 Posted by CodeMcK (88 posts) -

345. The only place that has higher radiation levels than a nuclear waste disposal site is a vault specifically desgined to prevent radiation
#206 Posted by regularassmilk (1448 posts) -

346. Moriarty is a dick.
347. Quiet small towns with nice people are usually populated by cannibals.
348. Rich Smoothskins hate ghouls.

#207 Posted by regularassmilk (1448 posts) -

349. Nuka-Cola Quantum seriously fucked some people up. (Look at the computers in the lobby of the Nuka-Cola factory)
350. Some creepy stuff, and horrible failures occur before a nuclear holocaust.

#208 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -

351. When you put a chick's clothes on, they automatically conform to your body shape.
#209 Posted by dirtyfootprints (99 posts) -

352: a squid, a human, and a dog can all be mutated together in the event of a nuclear war. the end result: the centaur.

#210 Posted by demontium (4710 posts) -

208. You have a chance of persuading anyone to do anything as long as you have 1% chance (remember to save and load).

#211 Posted by MB (12715 posts) -

I'm going through and cleaning up this thread, renumbering everything in order and deleting spam posts along the way. Also deleting major spoilers as I find them.

#212 Posted by Voidoid (133 posts) -

353. In the future you can do drugs that instantly make your muscles swell almost to the point of exploding, drugs that make you think you're invincible and drugs that make you kill stuff really quickly. But you can't do morphine because that's a prescription drug.

#213 Posted by LeadNinja (308 posts) -

242.  Gas leaks from pipes for hundreds of years until it ignites.
243.  The result of centuries of leaked gas igniting is underwhelming.

#214 Posted by SuperBuster (175 posts) -

354? The Republic of Dave is the only sovereign nation in the Capitol Wasteland. 
355. In the future we're still in the 50s
356. Don't feed the yao guai 
357. I like giant anti-communist robots that chuck nukes like footballs. 
358. I'm SPECIAL.

#215 Posted by warxsnake (2650 posts) -

children are invinsible

#216 Posted by djz (134 posts) -

359.Everyone is thin.
#217 Posted by xCPx_Bebi_Primo (206 posts) -

41. Meat from a hairless, red skinned, two-headed cow is healthy.

42.  You are a lone wanderer... even with six followers. It's a sad world.

#218 Posted by DJJoeJoe (1325 posts) -
@n7242c said:
"  39. After killing somebody, you are able to search their jaw. "
or lower intestines.
#219 Edited by VIGGO123 (553 posts) -

360. Placing live grenades in peoples pants it FUN!

#220 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

42. Don't try to take the sheriff's hat unless your certain he won't kick your ass.

#221 Posted by KING_CANVAS (30 posts) -

1.Brotherhood Of Steel servez and prutect.
2.Nuka-Cola pwn.

#222 Posted by MrAwsum (167 posts) -

Confused about number:  
If you steal glue from a drawer that isn't yours... Be prepared to run.

#223 Posted by pepper (304 posts) -

242. There is an awesome podcast about Fallout 3 called Galaxy News Radio, and anyone who is a fan should look it up. (Shameless plug)

#224 Posted by zephyran (37 posts) -

243.  Wonderglue is nowhere near as awesome an ammo for your Rock-It Launcher as you'd think it would be.

#225 Posted by monkeyroach (175 posts) -

244.  fallout 3 is like the buggiest game i ever played

#226 Posted by getan (24 posts) -

245. In the Capital Wasteland, they've lost the need for cars but not the need for vertibirds.

#227 Posted by R0B0T (13 posts) -

41. dogs fall into two categories: german shepherds= good, other= bad

#228 Edited by Jedted (2390 posts) -

41.  When fighting a Yao Guai Beast, always shoot em when they're in mid-air to see them soar over your head.

42.  Never bring a knife to a gun fight unless you have really high Strength and Endurance. 

43.  People seem oddly comfortable with a giant Super Muntant walking around in their villiage.

#229 Posted by shambles (52 posts) -

44. Gore bags are a good source of Rock-it Launcher ammo. 

45. Ghouls are people too.
#230 Posted by RedEyesBlueBunny (1011 posts) -

41. Old ladies actually have some really nice legs.

#231 Posted by devosion (112 posts) -

41. The Chinese make the best stealth suits ever. 

#232 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -

This is, like, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more than 100, bro!

#233 Posted by HaltIamReptar (2029 posts) -

XXX:  In the future, dogs are badasses.  Even if you tell them to stay put, if they see a Super Behemoth, by gum, they're going to take that fucker on solo.

#234 Posted by CharkeeFarlee (896 posts) -

I approve of this thread <3

#235 Posted by gzl5000 (164 posts) -

361. The movie Book of Eli has worth only in that it made me want to reinstall Fallout 3. 
362. I will CHEERFULLY backtrack halfway across the Capitol Wasteland map, crossing barren stretches of nothing and fighting off albino radscorpions at 10 HP if it will let me avoid 2 minutes in the DC Subways. 
363. Laser shotguns are better than regular shotguns.

#236 Posted by Helimocopter (369 posts) -

9000+. It is completely possible for the world to randomly explode around you.

#237 Posted by fisher81 (535 posts) -

/thread

#238 Posted by fowlowl26 (158 posts) -

you are capable of falling asleep, and waking up at will.....WHILE STANDING! o.o
#239 Edited by Alphiehyr (1083 posts) -

364. Both PS3 versions (original and GOTY) are a disappointment. Bug, glitch, framerate and freezing issues.

#240 Posted by liquid0celot (6 posts) -

365. Lunch boxes make awesome mine casings.

#241 Posted by erikj (53 posts) -

41. No matter how many bugs, and freezes a game has it can still get a  ****   to   *****  rating and deserve it.

#242 Posted by Organicalistic_ (2954 posts) -

There will soon be cola that can make your pee glow.

#243 Posted by Suicidal_SNiper (949 posts) -
@organicalistic_ said:
" There will soon be cola that can make your pee glow. "
Ever drink a lot of energy drinks? Go ahead. Try it.
#244 Posted by Gabriel (4067 posts) -

366. Sending Jericho back to Megaton after it's destroyed can result in him disappearing forever. 

#245 Posted by Gellrock (381 posts) -

42. Future Birthdays suck, robots always ruin the cake

#246 Posted by HaterGamer (18 posts) -

366. Cigarettes can only be sold.

#247 Edited by Kowbrainz (923 posts) -

370. All heil the giant purple monolith! 
 (one of many texture glitches that I got while playing this game)

#248 Posted by gamer1991 (5 posts) -

keep your head down... ow that hurt.  mini nukes are a wast of time cuz you have to have the fatman launcher and there are only so many nukes.  It would be worth it if they had unlimited nukes that you could buy but with ounly 250 or what ever its a wast of time...o right I'v also learned never give a follower a fatman cuz if they do on the off chance find a mini nuke you better get the hell away from any bad guys cuz the you know what is about to hit the fan.  the green guy... I cant remember his name... Fawks thats it!  any way where was I?  O right he is the best guy he can take on justabout anything in game and he can pull his own weight and I mean it.  I have given 5 rocket launchers and he could still hold more.  Also you can go off and not have to babysit him.  But the game gets kind of easy with him even on very hard he still like never dies. 

I think I said what I wanted to say. 

Can't wait for New Vegas to come out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#249 Posted by gamer1991 (5 posts) -
@Ignor said:
"26. In the Captial Wasteland, there is but one fashion style: Ridiculous.27. Whores take the phrase 'sleeping together' quite literally.28. Fire ants should be taken quite literally, too. "

27 whores haha  I know right!!!!!  250 caps and for what I didn't pay for you to sleep!  wake up wake up waaaaaaaaaaakkkkeeee up!!!
#250 Posted by PenguinDust (12553 posts) -
@gamer1991:   PC mods will take care of that for ya and help you go into business for yourself.  If I see Nova again, bitch better have my money!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.