Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

Accidentally skipped GNR Encouter by Talking to Dr Li

nicolenomicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By nicolenomicon

Is there any easy way to fix this with console commands. If not or even if this is so can I still do the GNR encounter?

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Maybe I'm wrong here, but I'm pretty sure you can still do the quest. I'm only speculating, but there's enough stuff that happens leading up to entering the Galaxy News Radio building that I think it will still allow you to complete the quest. I don't see how Dr. Li could jeopardize that. So don't worry and just keep playing. Though, if you can, you might want to try to get your way into the GNR building sooner than later.

LeadNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By LeadNinja

I remember somebody on the Bombcast saying that you can still do the quest and Three-Dog just says "You found him?  Great, well here's some stimpacks I had laying around..."

On my last playthrough, I went from Vault 101 to Megaton to Tranquillity Lane, skipping several hours.

BrokenCage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By BrokenCage

Yeah, I did the same thing. I found Dr. Li by exploring for Bobbleheads, and skipped the GNR quest. I went back and completed it. There are only a few differences that I'm going to throw in spoiler tags. 

SPOILER WARNING: Click here to reveal hidden content. 
    If you had done the quest as intended, there would be Brotherhood of Steel soldiers waiting to help you kill a Super Mutant Behemoth, and a Fat Man (big rocket laucher) to use against said behemoth. Doing the quest out of order removes both the Fat Man and the Brotherhood of Steel, meaning you have to fight the Super Mutant Behemoth by yourself. Also, you'll have to push the Intercom Box to get into the GNR building once you do find it instead of the Brotherhood of Steel automatically letting you in after the Behemoth Battle.    
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By c1337us

My immediate reaction to your thread was Axl Rose in Fallout 3! What did I miss?

nicolenomicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By nicolenomicon

Right, sorry for the late reply, I actually forgot about me posting this here, but yeah after thanks for your help guys! All shall be well, as soon as I get back into Fallout anyway.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.