Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

Bethesda Snafu Again!!!

THE_END

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By THE_END

Bethesda F'd up again.......this is giving me flashbacks of the PS3 Oblivion GOTY bloodgrass glitch which STILL gives me nightmares to this day. 

Bethesda Softwork's recently released "Game of the Year" edition of post-apocalyptic adventure Fallout 3 may have a little problem. Some owners of the Fallout 3: GOTY say the game won't recognize their hard-earned game saves from the original Fallout 3.

According to reports from Kotaku tipsters affected by the save and posters on Bethsoft's official Fallout 3 forums, the problem appears to be limited to folks in Canada (with one from Sweden) who have the PlayStation 3 version of the re-release. Limited though it may appear to be, the inability to play with characters cultivated over dozens or hundreds of hours in the complete Fallout 3 package is understandably frustrating.

Fortunately, Bethesda Software appears to be investigating the issue.

"Wanted to let you know I've been working with folks here at the office to investigate the issues with GOTY in Canada," assures Bethesda's Sr. Community Manager. "When I have more details to share, I'll let you know. Stay tuned."

So, buyer beware, especially if you're from America's hat and have invested heavily in the original version of Fallout 3. Kotaku readers, who's having similar issues? Who's getting along in the wastelands without issue? Let us know in the comments.

Thanks to Wolfsong, Evan and everyone else for the tips.

GOTY saves not working

THE_END

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By THE_END

If you live in Canada and are affected by this then I recommend that you do not hold your breath while waiting for a patch because it will never come.

Many people have emailed Bethesda a few years ago about the bug/glitch that I mentioned in the main topic above and we STILL have not seen a patch to this game breaking bug/glitch.

Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Damian

I love me some Bethesda, but it's amazing they maintain such a good reputation considering their fetish for pooch screwing. 
    At least the people who were patient enough to wait for the entire GOTY edition (smart people, not me) don't seem to be effected as they have to make a new character regardless.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By EvilTwin

It doesn't seem like a huge deal to me, but I can understand how some people would be upset.  I haven't played Fallout 3 in so long that I was planning to make a new character if/when I got the GotY edition anyways.

THE_END

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By THE_END
    @EvilTwin said:

" It doesn't seem like a huge deal to me, but I can understand how some people would be upset.  I haven't played Fallout 3 in so long that I was planning to make a new character if/when I got the GotY edition anyways. "

This dude is pretty pissed off:   

I don't blame him I'm still pissed off that Bethesda never patched my PS3 Oblivion GOTY disc.  They ignored my email by not responding.

I know they received my email also because I sent another one asking a question about  Morrowind and GStaff responded promptly!

seanconn

View Member Profile

Oct 13 2009, 09:26 PM
    Post #30

Acolyte

Group: Members

QUOTE (discostu668 @ Oct 13 2009, 10:10 PM)
    right now, this seems to be a canadian-specific problem.

so if you live in the US, you're probably safe.

So if this is just a canadian only thing, can we just send out discs back to Bethesda and get the American version?

I reeeeeaaaaaaaLLLY wish I would have not preordered it now.. I can get to a store in the states that would sell this in like 2 hours, and I have like 200 dollars in american money right now...

why the hell do they even bother making BLUS number of the game differen't!?!? My version does not has an option for French Audio/subtitles. just send those versions to Quebec, and keep the rest of Canada the same as the US.. this is driving me crazy.

does anyone know a way you can add game saves to a folder? I don't have linux installed on my PS3, but I was thinking if I got to the point where I could add my old game saves from the old folder into the new folder.. and that might work?

There must be a way to patch this though????? IT would be so simple to have an optional patch for Canadian PS3 users.

Can we get an answer on this Gstaff? You did say that original saves would work, and you made no mention to having a specific BLUS number... the only mention of these BLUS #s that I've heard about was for people downloading the DLC, NOT the GOTY disc.

and there was absolutely no mention of it being an issue for Canadians. I bought both copies of Fallout 3 from EB games, they are both region one, and they SHOULD be compatible according to what we have been told.

please please please please please!!! work on a patch, Bethsoft!!!!

I put freeking MONTHS and MONTHS into making my last two characters, and got firelance on one of them. I do not want to have to do it all over again.

I could go back to EB games right now and return it for a copy that will work with my saves, and get the DLC from the store. But Bethesda should give everyone who paid for the GOTY in Canada a code to download the DLC free of charge. I just want to play the DLC!!! ARRRRRGH!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.