Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

Broken steel all ready having problems

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

all ready having problems let alone that it took it nearly an hour to finally pop up saying broken steel has been loaded your lvl cap is now 30.
    I went to do the blood ties quest which i've done before and never did the scavenger and his yao gaiu and the robot  he keeps warning you about fail to load, but this time he didn't instead it was 3 giant ants, and a pernamently rooted radioactive barrel soon after walking past it the game froze.

*mind you the game has never ever froze on me before.*

Update: after loading up my save and going through a church next to mereseti train yard, I happended upon a captive, upon untieing him the game froze, thats the 2nd freeze after i downloading the update.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Hitchenson

Really? I've had no issues at all since downloading Broken Steel.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Just checked the official forums and it seems like alot of people are having problems with it, and are still having problems with operation anchorage and the pitt.

Update: Okay FUCK bathesda, and fuck this peice of shit game and its peice of shit DLC I think its currupted my saves, for some reason they wont load they appear in the memory area but not in game..........

Naughton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Naughton

Sorry you are having problems with Broken Steel, but maybe you should try taking your complaint and forming a coherent thought.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

okay 26 posts, and im pretty sure my thought was concise and clear.

1.spending over 50 hours on my current character and having the game freeze up on my 4 times now *which it never did before* and now it won't load my saves
    Thought: fuck bathesda, fuck this game, and fuck the DLC. Im pretty sure the thought was quite coherent and concise.

P.S: im pretty sure you'd be saying the same thing, if you played a game for 50 or so hours on one character *and it wont load my other saves from other characters* so lets put that together as about 150 hours, and its all wasted because bathesda is incapable of releaseing a game without problems or dlc for that matter, there are loads of problems in fallout3 without the dlc, Operation anchorage caused problems, and the pitt caused huge problems, this is about as bad as the pit for some 360 users.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By CL60
    WilliamRLBaker said:
    "Just checked the official forums and it seems like alot of people are having problems with it, and are still having problems with operation anchorage and the pitt.Update: Okay FUCK bathesda, and fuck this peice of shit game and its peice of shit DLC I think its currupted my saves, for some reason they wont load they appear in the memory area but not in game.........."
    Yup, very coherent.
    super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By super_machine

Yeah I think you are clear enough. That sucks dude, I had a similar experience with another game. I was pissed off to the core.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MeierTheRed

This comes as no surprise to me, seeing as how much trouble and headache The Pitt caused. I haven't bought The Pitt, and from what i can tell by other people too, im not buying Broken Steel either.

For one im not going to support a developer who keeps shipping broken content. And second im not going to give a developer money for alienating fans by not giving the same DLC across all platforms.
    Naughton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Naughton
    WilliamRLBaker said:
    "

all ready having problems let alone that it took it nearly an hour to finally pop up saying broken steel has been loaded your lvl cap is now 30.
    I went to do the blood ties quest which i've done before and never did the scavenger and his yao gaiu and the robot  he keeps warning you about fail to load, but this time he didn't instead it was 3 giant ants, and a pernamently rooted radioactive barrel soon after walking past it the game froze.

I was referring to this.
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    Naughton said:
    "WilliamRLBaker said:
    "

I was referring to this. "

yet again concise and coherent.

all ready having problems I.E i downloaded broken steel not an hour before and it took it after downloading and started the game up nearly an hour to pop up saying broken steel has been loaded your lvl cap has increased to 30.
    I went to do the bloodties quest which requires you go to mereseti trainyard or saneca metro stations route, and at the train yard all ways a old scavenger, and his yao gaiu load along with a broken robot *protectron* instead 3 giant ants, and a pernamently rooted radioactive barrel loaded instead which is odd since radioatic barrels are a part of the entirement they are not items that simply load, you've gotta be short on intelligence to not understand.
    Nicholasotzs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Nicholasotzs
    WilliamRLBaker said:
    still having problems with operation anchorage
    Bethesda, fix your game! Silly developers.
    FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By FiestaUnicorn

Luckily for me, it didn't have any problems.  I just beat it and it's better than Operation Anchorage and the Pitt.  That's not saying much though.
    You do get quite a few new really cool weapons.

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Captain_Fookup

Bethslop has no form of quality control whatsoever. They put games out that are broken and leave it up for the PC modding community to fix their pieces of shit.

JamesBoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JamesBoyce

Don't play a game for fifty hours, bruv - your legs must be aching and your eyes are probably not having the most enjoyable experience, man.

kfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By kfro

The only problem i have had was the achievement thing.  Where it doesnt show on your main list but thats no biggie though. 

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

We'll it hasn't frozen up now that i cleared the cache, deleted the insalled game, deleted the dlc then reinstalled it, redownloaded the updates and redownloaded the dlc but now im looking at monsters that get stuck in things, right now im fighting a giant rad scorpian who unable to get to me is stuck in the pylon of a highway and its about 20 feet in the air now... as well the frame rate has died on me a few time so far something that never happend before.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By kmdrkul
    WilliamRLBaker said:
    "Naughton said:
    "WilliamRLBaker said:
    "

I was referring to this. "
    yet again concise and coherent.all ready having problems I.E i downloaded broken steel not an hour before and it took it after downloading and started the game up nearly an hour to pop up saying broken steel has been loaded your lvl cap has increased to 30.I went to do the bloodties quest which requires you go to mereseti trainyard or saneca metro stations route, and at the train yard all ways a old scavenger, and his yao gaiu load along with a broken robot *protectron* instead 3 giant ants, and a pernamently rooted radioactive barrel loaded instead which is odd since radioatic barrels are a part of the entirement they are not items that simply load, you've gotta be short on intelligence to not understand."
    I sympathize for you, I really do.  But he had a valid point; your original post made very little sense until you cleared it up. 
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

well im sorry that you have to be a rocket science to read english.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.