Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

Can your gamerscore be reset?

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By FiestaUnicorn

Microsoft has announced that they are resetting players gamerscore if they've been found to have cheated the system?  Does this apply to people who got all the achievements from Fallout 3 PC by typing "addachievement#"?

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Diamond

I doubt they'll punish Fallout 3 PC players.  It's a pretty blatantly open system for cheating (the Fallout 3 achievement cheat that is).

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By PureRok
    Diamond said:
    "I doubt they'll punish Fallout 3 PC players.  It's a pretty blatantly open system for cheating (the Fallout 3 achievement cheat that is)."
    That, and they'd have no proof that you cheated. They can't just go "Oop, they're on the PC version and have 1000/1000. They obviously cheated. RESETTO!"
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Karmum
    FiestaUnicorn said:
    "Microsoft has announced that they are resetting players gamerscore if they've been found to have cheated the system?  Does this apply to people who got all the achievements from Fallout 3 PC by typing "addachievement#"?"
    Nah, it seems virtually impossible for them to tell whether or not you have done that, and I'm pretty sure you can trade gamesaves on PC games with ease...
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Diamond
    PureRok said:
    "Diamond said:
    "I doubt they'll punish Fallout 3 PC players.  It's a pretty blatantly open system for cheating (the Fallout 3 achievement cheat that is)."
    That, and they'd have no proof that you cheated. They can't just go "Oop, they're on the PC version and have 1000/1000. They obviously cheated. RESETTO!""
    There is one big way I can think of, and supposedly that's how they used to catch 360 HDD achievement cheaters (from what I heard).  Basically if you unlocked an achievement for getting (an example) the end of the game before one of the earlier ones, and there's no way you could have done that without cheating, that's how they could catch you.

Now, for all we know the PC version sends a specific message when they console code was used as opposed to naturally unlocking.  Still, the cheat was so easy to use, I doubt they'd punish anyone for it.
    ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ParanoidFreak

You won't get banned, they only reset the gamerscore of people who cheated for lots of achievements.

Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Babble
    Karmum said:
    "FiestaUnicorn said:
    "Microsoft has announced that they are resetting players gamerscore if they've been found to have cheated the system?  Does this apply to people who got all the achievements from Fallout 3 PC by typing "addachievement#"?"
    Nah, it seems virtually impossible for them to tell whether or not you have done that, and I'm pretty sure you can trade gamesaves on PC games with ease..."
    Well I would assume they would think it quite odd if you unlocked everything on the same day, I guess they could check a time stamp on it and find out you did it at the same time as well. 
    But I think they care much more about people who used saves then what you describe in the OP.
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By Karmum
    Babble said:
    "Karmum said:
    "FiestaUnicorn said:
    Nah, it seems virtually impossible for them to tell whether or not you have done that, and I'm pretty sure you can trade gamesaves on PC games with ease..."
    Well I would assume they would think it quite odd if you unlocked everything on the same day, I guess they could check a time stamp on it and find out you did it at the same time as well. 
    But I think they care much more about people who used saves then what you describe in the OP.
    "
    If you get the achievements offline, there are no timestamps.
    grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By grilledcheez

I doubt it.  I heard that the Gears 2 players that glitched to lvl 100 will be getting theirs reset though. :)

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By pause422

They won't reset for that.

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By jNerd
    ParanoidFreak said:
    "You won't get banned, they only reset the gamerscore of people who cheated for lots of achievements."
    And honestly, they're really focusing on FPS'
    Crono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Crono

Yes.  They are gonna reset you.  Now no one will look at you the same way ever again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.