Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

Colin Moriarty

THE_END

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By THE_END

I knew this guy was knowledgeable about video games because I used some of the game walkthroughs that he created in the past.  He also works as an editor for IGN.com.

but how in the heck did he manage to get named after a character in Fallout 3?

That is the claim he makes here:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Colin_Moriarty

Also, I think in one of his guides he mentioned that he won a contest for the snes zelda LttP and had his name included in this game as well if you do something special to unlock it.

I wish we could get Jeff Gerstmann's name in a video game.  I highly doubt this Colin dude deserves to be in video games more than Jeff does.
    Giantsquirrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Giantsquirrel

I was listening to an IGN podcast before Fallout 3 came out and Colin Moriarty mentioned that he discovered himself in the game at a media event. It blew the developer's mind too, but it was completely coincidental. Sorry.

Avatar image for deactivated-58efb53e06a03
    deactivated-58efb53e06a03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Three Red Lights podcast is so ridiculous... I laugh out loud

THE_END

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By THE_END
    @Giantsquirrel said:

" I was listening to an IGN podcast before Fallout 3 came out and Colin Moriarty mentioned that he discovered himself in the game at a media event. It blew the developer's mind too, but it was completely coincidental. Sorry. "

You obviously did not check out the link I included or else you would have seen this:

Colin Moriarty is also a writer for the gaming news site, IGN.com and in one of his own Podcasts (Three Red Lights Ep. 44a) he says the character in Fallout 3 is named after him due to his status in the gaming community.
    Giantsquirrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Giantsquirrel

Maybe I didn't remember correctly, but I definitely would have clicked the link the first time if it was actually a link. Just thought I would provide input, but I don't really think it's that big of a deal. I just remember hearing that he had the same name as a character in the game and he was surprised, that's all.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By RHCPfan24

Oh yeah, I remember hearing about this. And Colin is a pretty big character in the game. I do think that Jeff should get into a game one day....but his name is definitely more uncommon than Colin, who easily blends in.

THE_END

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By THE_END
    @Giantsquirrel said:
    " Maybe I didn't remember correctly, but I definitely would have clicked the link the first time if it was actually a link. Just thought I would provide input, but I don't really think it's that big of a deal. I just remember hearing that he had the same name as a character in the game and he was surprised, that's all. "

Yeah I used the hyperlink but it did not work.  I thought I did it correctly since I have done it many times before successfully....idk...maybe user error.  :P
    sfighter21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By sfighter21

So, is the broken steel add-on worth the 10 bones?

02sfraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By 02sfraser

i don't think Bethesda would have really thought to put his name in it. although he said they did i really don't believe him. besides they talk so much s**t (really funny though) he was probably just taking the piss.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By EvilTwin
    @THE_END said:
    " @Giantsquirrel said:

" I was listening to an IGN podcast before Fallout 3 came out and Colin Moriarty mentioned that he discovered himself in the game at a media event. It blew the developer's mind too, but it was completely coincidental. Sorry. "

You obviously did not check out the link I included or else you would have seen this:  Colin Moriarty is also a writer for the gaming news site, IGN.com and in one of his own Podcasts (Three Red Lights Ep. 44a) he says the character in Fallout 3 is named after him due to his status in the gaming community. "
    Three Red Lights is completely tongue in cheek.  He was kidding.  It was a coincidence.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.